Official Weldwerks Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by brettc22, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brettc22

brettc22 Initiate (39) Jul 15, 2015 Colorado
    Trader

With one successful release after another, a thread dedicated to Weldwerks is way overdue.

We'll get things started with tomorrow's Medianoche ticket release. Who else is hoping to avoid getting shutout tomorrow afternoon?

jaysker95 and sudski77 like this.
  2. wyoming

wyoming Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Wyoming

How does there ticket release work ?

3. Deggar

Deggar Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2014 Idaho

hoping for the best. this one should be fast, maybe a few seconds and you could be out of luck

4. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Online through Eventbrite @4pm tomorrow. Be there... I know I'll be trying. It is a steep price to pay but for me it's not breaking the bank, I'm a WW homer and every Noche release I've had so far has been fantastic. Not even a question for me.

R3ason, wyoming and brettc22 like this.
  5. raynmoon

raynmoon Champion (801) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado
    Trader

Passing on the Medianoche bottles. It's just too much money. Besides I had all three of the single barrel variants.

Rather, I'll be picking up 4-packs of the juicy bits variants and enjoy the draft only variant of Medianoche on tap. Saves me money and I still get to have it all, sort of.

6. R3ason

R3ason Aspirant (249) Aug 13, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

@raynmoon, we thank you and appreciate your sacrifice :grinning: :grinning:

HopFace, m34josh, raynmoon and 2 others like this.
  7. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (518) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

AFAIK there won't be medianoche on tap.

McNazz likes this.
  8. raynmoon

Trader

They said in the press release there would be a special variant on tap throughout the week. Unless they changed their minds recently.

brettc22 and Dan_K like this.
  9. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Devotee (477) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

What they actually said is that they're working on it...

Obviously I am hopeful, but nothing is guaranteed at this point.

ManBearPat likes this.
  10. brettc22

Trader

And shutout :-(

11. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Devotee (477) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Same. Fuck you, Weldwerks; GABF release was a dumb fucking idea.

12. JakeT469

Shut out as well. Sucks but not losing sleep over it. Congrats to all of the out of towers that got tix and get to visit WW 1 time out our the year. ONE of my local buddies scored a tic btw.

13. taplebr

taplebr Aspirant (255) Apr 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

Not to stir up controversy, but this happens all over the country. This is on Weldwerks for choosing the same week as GABF... this isn't on the out of towners. I live 10 minutes from Ozark Beer Company and know dozens of local people who frequent Ozark but were shut out of the BDCS release party due to out of towners. It happens. Dan_Inreallife said it best.

14. R3ason

Trader

So that was interesting. Unavailable within a minute or so, and sold out in what, 15 mins? Obviously we don't know how many allocations there were/are, but I think it'd be safe to assume that the hype is real, y'all.

And now that I have tried valiantly for a ticket, my self-imposed embargo on how great WeldWerks is has been lifted :grinning:

This years Single Barrel Medianoche (tap room) has been magical for me. Like, I'd trade my cellar for a keg of that stuff. Equally high up there is BAMA (was fortunate to not have gotten any infected ones). Unfortunately, whenever I have a Mexican stout now, I'm always slightly disappointed that it doesn't have the balance or finish as BAMA. And, of course, all varieties of Bits have been fantastic. Throw in some outstanding sours and...gosh...I've about talked myself into moving up to Greeley!

And of course the people are great too. Love seeing @Tarheel4985 's posts on here and the openness/humility/honesty.

In terms of releasing during GABF, it's gotta make sense from an overall business perspective (cue angry responses to this). More exposure and all that, outside of us "locals". I seem to recall them saying something about another release later on as well? Can't imagine that one being as crazy.

I've had the fortune to make it in on some releases and not others. Either way, they make some damn tasty beer.

15. Dan_K

Trader

I was lucky enough to get a ticket. My dad, and 2 of my friends, not so lucky.

16. brettc22

Trader

If you didn't already know about the release, saw this thread, and managed to score a ticket, please don't tell me!

Gotta keep telling myself that I didn't start the thread a day too early :-)

R3ason likes this.
  17. raynmoon

Trader

Missing a ticket online sure beats waiting in line for hours to be shut out.

18. goblue30

goblue30 Initiate (176) May 18, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

As an out of towner who was lucky enough to get a ticket I think it is a smart move for the brewery and jives with the entire point of the GABF, to get their brand out to more people. It will bring people to the brewery who would not normally go. I personally would have never made the 1:15 drive to the brewery if not for this release, there's just too much good beer in Denver that week to leave. And from the breweries stand point, probably too much potential exposure to pass up having events like this during GABF.

That said I'm all for taking care of your local and loyal customers which it appears they plan to do... from their FB page:
    "Again, we apologize to anyone who was unable to purchase tickets but we can confirm that we will be hosting another Medianoche release very shortly after GABF, and another one later in the year."

19. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (476) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

I'm local and therefore entitled to a custom carrier :wink:

SFACRKnight likes this.
  20. ManBearPat

But seriously, I feel like Ticketmaster would have handled this much better

21. chitownfanatic21

chitownfanatic21 Aspirant (235) Sep 25, 2016 Nebraska
    Trader

I was also one of the lucky ones who got a ticket, and I do feel bad for people. I was just lucky enough to have refreshed my page at the right time. I have made a few trips over the last year to Weldwerks, I love their beer and they are a solid brewery. I am very thankful that I scored a ticket, but definitely feel for the people who missed out by seconds. It was honestly a luck of the draw "refresh"

Can't wait to try this years batch.

22. brettc22

Trader

@chitownfanatic21 - Congrats on the ticket and well said!

@goblue30 - Although I couldn't snag a ticket, I'm glad another Wolverine was able to do so. Go Blue!

23. R3ason

Trader

This absolutely.

Also, probably largely overshadowed by Medianoche: 4pk cans will be available on the 4th as well. Stoked for this (not that my fridge can, err, hold anymore beer this GABF holiday season, but...)!

Tarheel4985 and brettc22 like this.
  24. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,637) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Looks like the hype train is fully in our station now. Give it a couple years and we'll be waiting in line to buy ambers.

25. Dan_K

Trader

Ticketmaster absolutely sucks. Not only would fees have been $35 / ticket, but they would have been sold out before they started, and then resold all the tickets on their "secondary market" for $300. No, screw that. I'm amazed the government hasn't shut them down yet. They've been ripping off concert goers for decades. No need for them to ruin beer too.

sonoma01, spoony, Tarheel4985 and 4 others like this.
  26. ManBearPat

I was just being a silly goose, pham....

Member the year they took over ticketing for GABF?
    'Demand' instantly skyrocketed, tickets 'sold out' immediately, and you could find them on the 'secondary market' for twice the price within 15 minutes of the on-sale time. Whereas the many years before, sure it would sell-out, but not for weeks/months after they went on-sale. So yeah, they unfortunately already have their hands in beer too.

Tarheel4985, SFACRKnight and Dan_K like this.
  27. Dan_K

Trader

Sorry I missed the sarcasm. Cheers!

Tarheel4985 and ManBearPat like this.
  28. wxmanify

wxmanify Initiate (45) Jun 26, 2017 Colorado
    Trader

The only way I can think of that might have made people a little less angry at WW (though they did basically nothing wrong) is to have done a lottery rather than a basic online ticket sale if demand is so high. Though there are issues that would have come up even then.

Tarheel4985 likes this.
  29. Domingo

Society

People are going to be mad no matter what. They want something limited, and that means some people are going to miss out. So goes life. It's just beer.
    Wild guess, they'll probably increase production in the future and people aren't going to care because it isn't rare enough. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

sonoma01, spoony, m34josh and 11 others like this.
  30. stevefenster

stevefenster Initiate (108) Mar 29, 2016 Colorado
    Trader

This, 100 times over. Go look in the Midwest forum and everyone in MN is bitching about how Darkness isn't rare enough to be trade-bait anymore after Surly just flooded Minneapolis with a bunch of bottles last week. Every time Toppling Goliath does a lotto, everyone loses their mind about all the "non-locals" "taking" the beer they feel entitled to. If a brewery does first-come, first-serve, everyone with a 9-5 job complains about having to work during the day.

sonoma01, Blue_Fresh, m34josh and 4 others like this.
  31. ManBearPat

I'd be extremely surprised if these folks that may be upset about this are really the type of people I'd wanna crack a couple cold ones with anyway....

spoony, GreasyGlove, m34josh and 5 others like this.
  32. JakeT469

WeldWerks announced that there will be a release of 22oz Coffee Maple Achromatic bottles this Thursday (details TBA). Also, 2 more releases of Noche this year so if you got shut out yesterday there will be more opportunities this year.

33. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Initiate (97) Sep 14, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

Wow, a thread just for us? You shouldn't have :blush:. Between our own thread on BA, getting raked over the coals for pricing, and then personal attacks on FB for selling out of tickets so quickly, I suppose we have finally made it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

But seriously, we really do appreciate the support. We're incredibly grateful for the success we have experienced in just 2.5 years, and we can't wait to share all the delicious beers we have in the works with you. I'll do my best to chime in here when I can, or I can step aside and pretend like this thread doesn't exist.

34. raynmoon

Trader

@Tarheel4985 Any advanced deets on the juicy bits + variation 4-packs, case counts, limits, price, etc.?

35. tylerstubs

tylerstubs Initiate (153) May 14, 2015 Colorado

You can make it up to all of us by putting Juicy Bits into 4 packs. K thanks!

SFACRKnight and wyoming like this.
  36. tylerstubs

tylerstubs Initiate (153) May 14, 2015 Colorado

Nevermind my last statement. I guess they're already a thing.

SFACRKnight, ManBearPat and raynmoon like this.
  37. R3ason

Trader

Basically, fastest “wish granted” ever :grin:

Think they’re brewery-only releases starting the 4th? Maybe?...

m34josh, ManBearPat and tylerstubs like this.
  38. Tarheel4985

Trader

That is certainly one way to approach it. Here’s another:

39. Tarheel4985

Trader

I can confirm which beers we are packaging but the rest of the details are still being finalized: Juicy Bits, DDH Juicy Bits, Extra Extra Juicy Bits, Fruity Bits Piña Colada and Key Lime Pie Berliner.

40. Domingo

Society

The Pina Colada Fruity Bits is killer. Looking forward to more of that one. Extra Extra, too.

Keep sending as many WW beers as possible down to Two Penguins and I'll be happy. No RARs even needed :grin:

tylerstubs, rmpic82 and Tarheel4985 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.