Official Weldwerks Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by brettc22, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (91) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Curious to see how it stacks up to Angry Chairs version. High bar lol...

2. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,628) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

So, Especial is freaking wonderful. Two Penguins has it. That's all. Back to your regularly scheduled drama.

roemmic1 likes this.
  3. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (220) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Popped my Reserve last night. I didn't pick up any diacetyl, but then again I don't think I've ever tasted that in any beer. The nose was fudge and barrel, but the coconut was non-existent in taste and smell, and there was an odd tartness to the finish. Bummer.

4. Birdrinker

Birdrinker Initiate (137) Mar 30, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

Cracked my Reserve with a buddy last night, it was a sour mess....

clusterfolk likes this.
  5. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,254) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

Going to be tough to trust BA WW stouts with adjuncts in it. Heck, I don’t really know if I’d trust regular Noche though I still hear great things about it. But the French Toast Stout can I had yesterday tasted mighty good.

tylerstubs likes this.
  6. mewcow

mewcow Initiate (78) Dec 17, 2015 Colorado

Posted 13 times within the first 4 pages. And now, radio silence. Must be busy responding to Untappd complaints. Or busy brewing beer.

ManBearPat and tylerstubs like this.
  7. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

A close friend of mine cracked his Reserve last night took a couple sips and drain poured it. Said it had a sour metallic taste. I'm hoping Vanilla doesn't have issues but mine is going in the fridge and getting drank sooner than later.

8. Domingo

Society

This is all a plot to get people off desserts disguised as beer and back to lagers.

Prospero, spoony, ManBearPat and 8 others like this.
  9. polopaul20

polopaul20 Devotee (419) May 9, 2011 Maryland
    Trader

Think they were likely all busy at FOBAB this weekend

m34josh, jaysker95 and Dan_K like this.
  10. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (515) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Went to WW on Saturday.
    German Chocolate Cake : Very nice , this one's a keeper.
    Lemondrop IPA: To me, it lacked a little bit some something, maybe fruitiness. But still, not bad. I could see some people really enjoying this. Maybe a good "bridge" IPA for west coast fans.
    Snowllaboration (DIPA collab with Casa Agria) dry but enjoyable DIPA.

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry likes this.
  11. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Crusader (787) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere and is a repeat question. Last minute business trip into Denver later this week and want to pick up some Weldwerks achromatics. Aside from the brewery 90 minutes north from where I will be in Englewood, are there bottles shops where I can find these or are they brewery only?

12. stevefenster

stevefenster Initiate (107) Mar 29, 2016 Colorado
    Trader

Emails regarding the infection are out -- sounds like they are working on a plan to replace the bottle with a new version of Medianoche.

13. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Brewery only on the Achromatics. Also, WW just released this for people with Reserve Noche bottles:

As you may have heard, we have received an increasing number of reports of off-flavored bottles of Medianoche Reserve over the past few days. After further lab analysis, we have discovered that an unintended bacteria is causing these off-flavors, most likely deriving from the coconut. The most noticeable off flavors produced by this bacteria are diacetyl (buttered popcorn), as well as a noticeable acidity or tartness that can best be described as sour milk. We recommend storing any unopened bottles in the refrigerator and opening them sooner than later, as many bottles are likely still presenting the flavor as intended. But if you do happen to open a bottle with off flavors, please hold on to the empty bottle as we will be implementing a system for replacing those bottles.

We are still working through the logistics and final details for the replacement process, but we are tentatively planning to offer bottles of Mexican Medianoche as a replacement for any off-flavored bottles of Medianoche Reserve. Mexican Medianoche is a new variant that is currently in process, aged for 17 months in Woodford Rye Whiskey barrels, then aged with Vietnamese cinnamon sticks, Indonesian cassia bark, cacao nibs and vanilla beans.

In order to receive a replacement bottle, the label from the affected bottle of Medianoche Reserve or the bottle itself (empty or sealed) will be required. Again, we are still finalizing the logistics for the replacement process, but we wanted to go ahead and notify everyone of the status of Medianoche Reserve and assure you that we are working on implementing a solution as soon as possible. We will be contacting you with further instructions in the next few weeks, but if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to email mailto:refunds@weldwerksbrewing.com.

Sincerely,

The WeldWerks Team

14. Stevedore

Trader

Hopefully Mexican Medianoche isn't infected too. That would be pretty awful actually

raynmoon, FarmerTed and tacosandbeer like this.
  15. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (220) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Please don't start just assuming that everything they brew is infected...

16. Stevedore

Trader

Sorry. I was making a comment in jest, especially given the last time they released a barrel-aged mexican-style beer.

FarmerTed and clusterfolk like this.
  17. R3ason

R3ason Aspirant (249) Aug 13, 2014 Colorado

That Peach Climacteric was pretty infected... :grin::grin::grin: Speaking of which, I could really go for another one of those!

EDIT: this is a joke, obviously, as we’re talking about a sour.

18. wxmanify

wxmanify Initiate (44) Jun 26, 2017 Colorado
    Trader

If Vanilla Medianoche starts showing off flavors, WW might as well just close their doors for good.

19. Dan_K

Trader

Wrong. They might stop making BA beers though. No reason to stop brewing Juicy Bits, Fruity Bits, (every) Achromatic, French Toast Stout, Key Lime Berliner Weiss, Coffee Coconut Stout, or the 30 other beers they make that hold a 4.2+ rating on Untappd. It's not like they live and die on BA beers.

I feel like a little perspective is needed here.

wyoming, spoony, JakeT469 and 7 others like this.
  20. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (421) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

I get that the time and money we (consumers) have invested in WeldWerks in some cases is or has been “significant” but the folks at the brewery are really great people putting their all into every release and into the consumer experience and satisfaction. They have a lot more invested than we do, and they seem to be interested in doing it “the right way.”

I feel like there is a level of hysteria creeping into the thread, some of it deserved, but they are putting out a ton of good products and for those issues and growing pains that have occurred they are taking care of us.

The brewery’s willingness to endeavor toward new and interesting products is not one that they MUST make - even though the competitive market is ever-increasing. They could probably make a nice living pushing out a standard run of 15 beers, over and over and over. I prefer taking a few risks and seeing what works, trying new products and interesting ideas that some brewers are either scared or unwilling to try. Should we expect a 100% or 1.000 batting average? Especially if they “make right” any issues?

I’m not a huge fan of being an unabashed defender of a brewery, but for those that have a good/great overall product and do things “the right way” I am willing to try and think rationally about a topic we are all very passionate about...beer!

21. wxmanify

wxmanify Initiate (44) Jun 26, 2017 Colorado
    Trader

It was a joke man

Cronkite11 and Rizzo1722 like this.
  22. clusterfolk

clusterfolk Initiate (80) Jun 20, 2014 Colorado

I dunno about you but I would expect a 1.000 batting average on bottles that cost $55 but wdik

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,411) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Wait, the bottles cost $55? Damn, I'd be pissed off.

24. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (421) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

Vanilla Medianoche was $55, which included a $10 donation to a Weld County food bank, and is not impacted by quality issues.

Medianoche Reserve was $35 - some of which have off flavors - and they are taking care of the problem.

So, $5 or $55 or $155 - if the issue is being addressed, I’m fine. I suppose others are not, but to each their own.

spoony, m34josh, ManBearPat and 3 others like this.
  25. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

ISpendTooMuchOnBeer Initiate (96) Oct 29, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

There is no place here for your rational thought, appreciation, positivity and perspective. Please go somewhere else.

26. Domingo

Society

Back when Great Divide had issues with infected BA beers (that were priced sky high for the late 00's) people just stopped buying them. I don't think it affected their other business at all, and they were always happy to comp the buyer.
    Odell did a region-wise recall for their first packaged BA stout (both draft and bottles) and that hasn't been their only one.

People are losing their shit over these items because of inflated secondary values, not because they actually give a damn about the beer.

27. R3ason

Preach!

To add to this: I don’t trade, but this does highlight my tendency to “hoard” under the guise of “waiting for the right moment”. Perhaps it’s time for me to start, you know, drinking my beer. In our blessed state of beer, it isn’t hard to find something fresh for that elusive special occasion (should it ever happen to present itself). So yeah.

28. R3ason

Oh, and if this cools the secondary market, fine by me ;-) They’ve proven that they’re a stand-up brewery, and I’m certainly not deterred from purchasing future releases.

wyoming, ManBearPat and rmpic82 like this.
  29. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,411) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

I don't disagree with you, but that's a little bit of a blanket statement. I think as long as the brewery makes it right, which they have, all is good.

But I can see people having gone through the trouble and cost of acquiring bottles, opening one, tasting it and genuinely being disappointed and annoyed at the result, especially before they knew it would be made right.

If they're slamming the brewery now, there's just no point.

R3ason likes this.
  30. FlyFishStout

FlyFishStout Initiate (46) Oct 19, 2015 Colorado

Was able to procure a 4 pack of 3.8 and German chocolate stout. Have only tried the 3.8 but really enjoyed it.

I hope the negative experience some may have doesn't overshadow an amazing brewery.

wyoming and R3ason like this.
  31. chango

chango Initiate (85) Mar 31, 2006 Colorado

Coworker friend was up in Greeley over the weekend and brought me back some German Chocolate Cake Stout.
    WOW.
    It is redonkulous.

R3ason and Dan_K like this.
  32. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (254) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I concur with your statement as well.

I think the only people you can still slam are the ones that were trying to unload Reserve ASAP once reports came out of the infection. Saw tons of FT posts on every platform of trading forums. Those traders were concerned about the value of their beer, and were hoping to screw unsuspecting victims. GL for those folks!

R3ason, jaysker95 and mig100 like this.
  33. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Trader

The Florida folks have been complaining about rising prices on BA stouts a lot recently. Cycle upped its price from $25 to $30 for this weeks release. Im fine with it because I think the beer is excellent. But, $55 just sounds ridiculous.

Regardless I'm flying in today and will most defiantly be hitting WW this evening. Im pumped.

Dan_K likes this.
  34. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (472) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Whether you get to try one of they BA stouts or not, you’ll be pleased with your visit to say the least. Welcome to CO!

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry and Yabu like this.
  35. Dan_K

Trader

You can find the current taplist and to-go beers HERE

In particular they still have Cookies and Cream Achromatic and French Toast Stout on draft. :slight_smile:

ManBearPat likes this.
  36. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Trader

Trust me, I've been on that list very frequently for the last week. :slight_smile:

ManBearPat and Dan_K like this.
  37. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Initiate (181) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Just picked up some coffee coconut for $9.98!

Dan_K and tylerstubs like this.
  38. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Trader

Man this place kicksass. The 3.8 was incredible. It’s right up there with all the big name DIPA from the NE area. The stouts were very solid especially the GCC. Needless to say my suitcase will be heavy going back to Florida.

Dan_K, JakeT469, tylerstubs and 4 others like this.
  39. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Initiate (181) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Nailed it and if you follow FB group Denver beer trades you will see exactly why this is so true. The greed is real.

R3ason likes this.
  40. tylerstubs

tylerstubs Initiate (153) May 14, 2015 Colorado

Got Dam, this German Chocolate Stout!

Dan_K and R3ason like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.