Official Weldwerks Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by brettc22, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,387) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Stopped by today, the beers were amazing, especially the stouts. Got a bunch to go!

I found the town of Greeley to be pretty depressing and same with the service at WeldWerks, no personality, no visible happiness. Stood there for a bit before one of the servers finally came up and said nothing. Had the ambiance of a funeral in there lol

Maybe it's different on other days/times, besides Sunday afternoon?

2. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (209) May 31, 2011 Colorado

No, Greeley is like that 7 days a week.

3. mig100

mig100 Meyvn (1,387) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Pretty much figured that, but was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt.

4. Mateo2699

Mateo2699 Zealot (564) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Hello guys, first of all excuse my ignorance. I'll be visiting Denver and surrounding mountain towns in a few weeks. I was wondering if there's any way to get some Weldwerks to go anywhere without visiting the brewery? Do they distribute to bottle shops in Denver, or do any bars offer growlers/crowlers to go? Thank you

5. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (514) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Yeah, you can get it in Denver, but you really should go there if you have the time. You'll have much broader selection.

In Denver, you may be able to get the following:
    Juicy Bits, Alpha Bits, Coffee Coconut Stout. There are some crowlers floating around but it's really tough to say what you'll find.

In Greeley you'll have 4-10 to-go options and ~12 beers on tap.

Also make sure you hit up dat Outer Range in Frisco.

6. dauss

dauss Champion (883) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Society Industry

Check out Grapevine Wine and Spirits, great little shop with what you are looking for.

Unfortunately, Colorado law only allows growler/crowler fills where it is brewed, usually the brewery taproom.

7. Spaceman_Jer

Spaceman_Jer Defender (651) Jan 27, 2015 Colorado

You'll also have an even better chance of finding Puesta Del Sol (vienna lager) and the WW Hefeweizen in cans at local Denver stores since those seem to be higher production year-round beers. And though they are not as sexy as the NEIPAs or stouts, I would say that both of them are among the better canned representations of their styles in CO (particularly true for that vienna lager - don't sleep on that one).

SFACRKnight, R3ason and Dan_K like this.
  8. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Initiate (181) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Well i went to Hazels again today and soon as you walk in the door they have a shit ton of Alpha Bits dates 9-1-17 and still a lot of coffee coconut stout both for $9.98 a 4 pack.p I'm surprised the Coffee coconut is still there as I thought it was fantastic and for $9.98 That's hard to beat.

I asked the question I think in this thread if anyone thought that AB was going to be a shelf turd and I think we are getting the answer. It's not just Hazels either. Wyatts has AB also on sale as they have a ton and are trying to clear it out.

tylerstubs and ManBearPat like this.
  9. Mateo2699

Trader

Thanks, wish I did have time to make it out to Greeley! And I will be staying in Breck, so Frisco will definitely be on my radar. I heard a lot about Outer Range, definitely intrigued.

10. Mateo2699

Trader

Awesome, the Grapevine Wine and Spirits will be a convenient stop for me. Since we're on the subject, if I had time to visit one bottle shop in Denver do you think this should be it?

11. HopFace

HopFace Aspirant (256) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

Oh yea, I've seen AB in a bunch of places for $14+ a 4-pack. I pass on it every time too. I don't think I've ever seen anyone buy their lager or hefe either.

I do see tons of superfan flying out of the cooler for $11 a 6-er though.

ManBearPat likes this.
  12. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,623) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

YES.

bentnorton and Dan_K like this.
  13. Dan_K

Trader

Not only that but Basecamp Wine and Spirits is just across the parking lot from Outer Range and they have Casey, Wiley Roots, and a bunch of other Colorado goodies. Great store (check out the walk-in cooler).

Also Broken Compass in Breck is worth a stop if you have time.

philrollins and spoony like this.
  14. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (418) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

WeldWerks making an appearance at Extreme Beer Fest: Los Angeles and bringing the heavy hitters! Headed out there with bro and pops to make a beer weekend of it...looking forward to seeing the WeldWerks crew!

15. Dan_K

Trader

Do we know if WW is going to be open on Thanksgiving? I know they are releasing 3 beers tomorrow (Wednesday) at open, I think.

Cherry Cobbler Berliner Weiss, Pecan Pie Stout, ?
    I was wondering if they would end up doing Achro bottles for black Friday, that might be a lot to ask. :slight_smile:

16. dauss

dauss Champion (883) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Society Industry

Grapevine is a great place. Then hit up Comrade Brewing afterwards, it's close

SFACRKnight and tylerstubs like this.
  17. Mateo2699

Trader

Thanks for the help guys. Pretty much convinced I will stop by Grapevine, Outer Range and Basecamp in Frisco.

tylerstubs likes this.
  18. spoony

spoony Poo-Bah (2,165) Aug 1, 2012 Colorado
    Society

Had some today at the brewery. Yowza! Dessert beer for sure, but a damn fine one.

chango and tylerstubs like this.
  19. CK21

CK21 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Colorado

Check out Little's Wine & Spirits. Weldwerks is their brewery of the month this month and they may have some stuff only available there and the brewery.
    https://www.facebook.com/littleswineandspirits/

spoony likes this.
  20. Mateo2699

Trader

Cool deal, hopefully they'll still have some Weldwerks when I head out there December 10th.

21. FlyFishStout

FlyFishStout Initiate (46) Oct 19, 2015 Colorado

They definitely have some coffee stout, alpha bits, hefe, and their berliner. They did have German chocolate but that was gone as of last night...

22. MrLebowski

MrLebowski Initiate (77) Apr 16, 2010 Colorado

Yep and honestly given the timing depending on how well this can release sells it might make distro too in that time frame

23. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (209) May 31, 2011 Colorado

The last 6er of puesta that I got was ~5 months old. I wish I'd checked the date in the store, it was not good. Fresh, it's ok, but nothing special imo. Beeritos from OB is much better.

HopFace likes this.
  24. KippAdams

KippAdams Initiate (90) Nov 27, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

I'll be coming up next weekend (Dec. 8-9) from Georgia. Pretty excited. Have an empty shipper ready to roll. If anyone has a Vanilla Noche for trade I'll bring a Willett Cake!

25. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,354) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I came across some elevated canned in april last night.

26. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Aspirant (236) Jun 26, 2007 Colorado

Davidsons who is awful about selling old beer had September recently and I was shocked to see that, Elevated in my experience is always one of the freshest beers in town.

27. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,354) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

South metro problems. Lukas is better about it, but most the places are terrible. I found that april date at bruin spirits in parker. Grabbed the 10/8 *, that beer is still tasty at 60 days.

poonamibaxter likes this.
  28. Dan_K

Trader

Apparently WW is releasing.... 4 beers in cans? Coming Friday.
    EE Juicy Bits, Basic Bits Citra, Mocchachino Stout, and Mint Chocolate Stout.
    The mint chocolate is limited to 2 4-packs each.

29. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Aspirant (258) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Cans were released today. Mexican Achromatic bombers releasing Friday.

tylerstubs and Dan_K like this.
  30. raynmoon

raynmoon Champion (800) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado
    Trader

Any news on if Extra Extra lasted until today?

tylerstubs likes this.
  31. wyoming

wyoming Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Wyoming

Extra juicy was there with two 4 pack limit earlier along with everything else

tylerstubs likes this.
  32. rmpic82

Society Trader

Just to let the WW fans (and locals) know - the Extreme Beer Fest in LA was fantastic, and WeldWerks had the longest line all session long. Actually only went through their line once because I was having a tough time waiting 30 minutes for a pour with 60 additional breweries available. Missed out on Mexican Achromatic, unfortunately, but did finally get a chance to taste Rum DB Medianoche. Really nice. Wore a Wiley Roots shirt to show Greeley love. Great times and great beers.

33. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,746) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Got a chance to chat with Neil for a long while at EBF LA. He was super down to earth and happy to answer my questions. After my good visit to the brewery the weekend before I was excited to try some of the offerings at the fest.

I captain the fests (through BA) so seeing the owner/head brewer out at the fests is always a treat. Also Neil's outlook of fests is what we should see from all brewers. He brought the Single Rye Maple Coffee Medianoche because he wanted to make up for the issues in not being able to bring Reserve. He also made a point that his goal, despite his enormous line for the entirety of both sessions he would not run out of beer. Well with 2 crazy BA versions of medianoche, Extra Extra, and others he was able to do that without issue.

It was really refreshing as most brewers with crazy lines run out quickly, or just honestly underestimate how much they're going to need. Running out of bottles was expected but those 2 BA treats were just fantastic. I look forward to returning to the brewery when I move to CO next spring.

spoony, JakeT469, Timato and 8 others like this.
  34. Mattybz28

Mattybz28 Initiate (146) Dec 21, 2010 South Carolina
    Trader

Has anyone who has submitted their Medianoche Reserve replacement claim gotten an approval of some sort? I submitted 12/3 and haven't gotten anything.

35. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Aspirant (207) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

I have not and was curious as well.

36. rmpic82

Society Trader

I received a response email that basically confirmed I submitted a request - but to my knowledge no one I know has been "verified" for replacement.

37. McNazz

McNazz Disciple (386) Feb 19, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

I would imagine they're delaying validation until after the due date. Too many shitlords out there selling labels and order numbers for #maxprofits. Better to deal with fraudulent and duplicate order number entries until after all the results are in rather than immediately green lighting them as they come in.

38. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Disciple (348) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado

Coffee Coconut Stout could use a giant magic marker over the coconut part. It's a respectable light weight coffee stout, but I didn't get any coconut.
    So far I'm 50/50 on Weldwerks stuff

HopFace and clusterfolk like this.
  39. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

To each their own, everyone’s palate is different but I’ve drank that beer a shit ton of times and have always gotten a prominent coconut and coffee flavor. I've also sent this beer to about 5-6 people and all of them have said they love how there’s a good balance between both the coffee and coconut.

40. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Disciple (348) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado

My wife tried it and said I was crazy, she got a ton of coconut too.
    I'll revisit it this weekend and make it my first beer. It probably was unfair since I'd had 2 pours of 17 Bligh's first.

SFACRKnight, JakeT469 and tylerstubs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.