Official Weldwerks Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by brettc22, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,745) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Lolol yeah I would say it was probably unfair to follow up something that big. I have got a decent amount of coconut the times I've tried it.

Jasonrm72 likes this.
  2. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Aspirant (209) May 31, 2011 Colorado

I got a ton of coconut from the stout, enough to confirm my suspicions that coconut beers probably aren't for me.

SFACRKnight and spoony like this.
  3. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,637) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Got a chance to try the Peanut Butter, Basic Bits, and Cherry Cobbler over the last couple weeks. Was really happy with all of 'em. Hopefully we see more crowlers and 4-packs on the SE side of town.

4. wyoming

wyoming Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Wyoming

The blonde stout they released today is killer

5. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (518) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Weldwerks just announced 2 NEW BEERS for this Friday in cans.
    Branded Flannel is the collab stout with Mikkerphone.
    Grapefruit Juicy Bits is ... IPA with grapefruit
    Also in cans: DDH Juicy Bits.

Gonna be a great weekend.

SFACRKnight and rmpic82 like this.
  6. Dan_K

Trader

I think Cherry cobbler is a great beer. I am loving these low ABV Berliner Weisses and I really hope they continue to produce them. The new Blueberry Pie Berliner was excellent, I swear it tastes to me like key lime pie Berliner with blueberry added.

Domingo likes this.
  7. Domingo

Society

One of my favorite dessert beers is Funky Buddha's Blueberry Cobbler, so I'm always on the hunt for a replacement. At least until we finally start getting their stuff out this way. It sounds like the Blueberry Pie Berliner might be in that ballpark.

8. Dan_K

Trader

Probably much less sweet than the FB version, but also 100% natural so that's a plus.

9. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Disciple (345) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Ya know, It was my first beer on Saturday and I had the same opinion. I decided to just give it to my wife since I apparently wasn't getting the full experience. Coconut isn't generally a flavor I have a problem picking up, so I don't know what the deal is with this one.
    I'll keep my eye out for their canned stout offerings, see how those go.

rmpic82 likes this.
  10. clusterfolk

clusterfolk Initiate (80) Jun 20, 2014 Colorado

I got no coconut from it either. Straight chocolate/coffee for me. Tasty as hell though.

tylerstubs and Jasonrm72 like this.
  11. mewcow

mewcow Initiate (78) Dec 17, 2015 Colorado

Checking in to see if there was ever an official, public post about all those infected Medianoche Reserve bottles. I never saw one, but maybe I missed it...? Was there a post that acknowledged the infection?

12. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Initiate (97) Sep 14, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

We sent this info to everyone that purchased a bottle via email, but if you had an affected bottle of Medianoche Reserve, be sure to complete the claim form at weldwerksbrewing.com/reserve. The deadline is December 31, so make sure you submit your claim soon.

13. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (277) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

In addition to the 3 can releases on Friday, WW also announced bottles of CMA will be released with a limit of 4/person.

tylerstubs likes this.
  14. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (458) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

I haven’t been to WeldWerks (which means Denver/Greeley) in several weeks and never squared away Mexican Achromatic. Anyone have any thoughts on how that turned out? Didn’t see that one on the trade boards much, did I? Anyone have the slightest clue whether all Achromatic batches are relatively the same size?

Pretty nice turnaround on CMA - last release was GABF week w/ Medianoche package if I recall correctly.

15. Dan_K

Trader

I am intrigued by Grapefruit Fruity bits, could be really tasty. I know there have been grapefruit IPAs before and some hops throw "grapefruit-like" flavors - wondering how this'll go with the fruity bits base.

16. Tarheel4985

Trader

Just as a heads up, we have received a few reports of off-flavored bottles of Vanilla Medianoche over the past few days :slight_frown:

Our initial tests indicated that Vanilla Medianoche bottles were not affected by the same issues as Medianoche Reserve. But after receiving these recent reports, we have concluded that some bottles may be affected and unfortunately, we have no way to know which ones. Fortunately the issue is not as widespread as with Reserve, but we still recommend storing all bottles cold and consuming sooner rather than later.

For anyone with affected bottles, we will be implementing a claim process similar to the one for Medianoche Reserve (weldwerksbrewing.com/reserve) for those with affected bottles to receive a replacement bottle of a new batch of Vanilla Medianoche. Similar to the Reserve replacement, this bottle will not be released to the public and will only be provided to those with affected bottles of Vanilla Medianoche.

We are still working on finalizing that claim process, but for now those with affected bottles should hang on to them. We will be emailing the original purchasers through Eventbrite once the claim form is live, but if you were not the original purchaser you can email refunds@weldwerksbrewing.com to be notified when the form is available.

There's no way to sugar coat it, this definitely sucks. Between BAMA, Reserve and and now Vanilla, we understand that many customers are (understandably) upset by these issues. As we have always done, we will do everything we can to make it right, but we know that replacements and apologies will not undo the frustration we have caused. We also understand that these issues may affect customers' trust in our future releases, which at this point, is certainly justified.

Fortunately, the only assurance I can make now is that we will not release another bottle with these issues. Even if that means we take a potentially long hiatus from bottle releases of Medianoche. We are adding PCR testing to every step of our process, which is not cheap but is obviously necessary. We have also gone back and PCR tested all recent releases, and fortunately all of our other bottle releases this year (all five Achromatics and regular Medianoche) passed PCR on both LAB (lactic acid bacteria) and wild yeast. So none of those bottles should experience issues in the future.

I can also assure you that these issues will not hinder our innovation, nor will it affect our continued investment in our barrel program. We will continue to push boundaries, take risks, and break rules, but we will do all of that with an even greater emphasis on quality moving forward. We have big plans in store for 2018, including nearly doubling our barrel program. So we might be down, but we are definitely not out :wink:

PDawson, Mattybz28, m34josh and 9 others like this.
  17. Domingo

Society

Never had anything off in any of the non-BA stuff. I selfishly hope that means more weird IPA's and tons more Especial.

18. rmpic82

Society Trader

Pretty much everything you said resonates, Neil. Thanks for the proactive message and acknowledgment that quality issues suck for everyone. Seems like your investment in testing processes will be a helpful change. Importantly, your dedication to continued brewing innovation will keep me a customer as often as I am able travel into town. Cheers.

19. JPick

JPick Initiate (177) Sep 7, 2013 Missouri
    Trader

Thanks Neil. Do you know if Mexican Medianoche is at risk?

Also, you mentioned that Vanilla Medianoche will be replaced with a new batch of Vanilla Medianoche? If so, wouldn't that be a year out? I'm happy regardless, but just wondering.

Cheers.

20. Tarheel4985

Trader

Mexican Medianoche has not been packaged yet, but it will definitely not be affected. And for the replacement Vanilla Medianoche, we are hoping to have it ready by February, as we already have other barrels that will be ready by then that we can use for the blend. But we also aren’t going to rush either beer so that we can ensure we provide replacement bottles that are equally good, if not better than what we originally released.

m34josh, Boldbrew, Dan_K and 4 others like this.
  21. stevefenster

stevefenster Initiate (108) Mar 29, 2016 Colorado
    Trader

Man, this is such a bummer, only because they were so good. Was doing our "best beers of 2017" list with a couple friends, and both Reserve and Vanilla made my top five.

m34josh, sixfishers and Tarheel4985 like this.
  22. Dan_K

Trader

I don't know if it helps you afford PCR testing but I bought 5 cases of 4-packs in December. :slight_smile:

23. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (476) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

That’s a thirsty boy :relaxed:

tylerstubs and Tarheel4985 like this.
  24. taplebr

taplebr Aspirant (255) Apr 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

Regarding Medianoche Reserve, someone asked earlier and I may (likely) have missed a response. Other than the notification of receipt of a claim form, has anyone received notification their claim form was "accepted" and what the next steps are? I received the notification my claim form was received but nothing else.... and I'm out of town until after the holidays so I wouldn't be Abel to do anything further (if needed) until after the deadline). I did save the bottles and I have the original eventbrite order #s (one is my personal order and the other is for a coworker's bottle). Thanks for any info!

25. JPick

Trader

I think that's all anyone has gotten to this point. I'm guessing the acceptance emails will come after the deadline passes.

rmpic82 likes this.
  26. taplebr

taplebr Aspirant (255) Apr 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

Good to know. Thx JPick.

27. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

ISpendTooMuchOnBeer Initiate (99) Oct 29, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Has anyone received either application acceptance notification for reserve replacements and/or instructions for nilla replacement?

28. JPick

Trader

No

29. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (476) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

I'd love to know what out-of-staters (over) paid for these bottles...

SFACRKnight and FlyFishStout like this.
  30. rmpic82

Society Trader

$10 donation included, I was happy to pay for Vanilla Medianoche. Traded for an additional bottle - THAT was an "overpay" unfortunately. Big time. I had Vanilla Medianoche pegged as a VR-Slayer. Win some, lose some.

31. Tarheel4985

Trader

32. Timato

Timato Initiate (100) Sep 23, 2016 Colorado
    Trader

Thanks for the update Neil. What is the status of Reserve replacements?

tylerstubs likes this.
  33. Tarheel4985

Trader

We have contacted individuals with missing information on their claims, so if you didn't hear from us your claim will be accepted. Now we're just waiting for a final bottling date before contacting everyone.

Unfortunately we have had to adjust the timeline a bit because the number of claims we received was far greater than we anticipated (more than 85%), and we don't have enough barrels that are currently ready to use in the Mexican Medianoche blend. But we have some more barrels that should be ready by next month, so we should have a better update to send out soon.

Timato and ssteigerwald like this.
  34. tylerstubs

tylerstubs Initiate (153) May 14, 2015 Colorado

@Tarheel4985

You guys gonna keep sending cool 4 packs to the Front Range? Lovin all of them.

35. Tarheel4985

Trader

Yep, we are planning to release 100 new beers this year, many of which will hit our limited distribution footprint

CK21, spoony, m34josh and 12 others like this.
  36. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,745) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Fest Crew Society Trader

:flushed:

McNazz, wyoming and ManBearPat like this.
  37. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,113) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

...any news on coming to Colorado Springs for distro? Still seem Castle Rock and north only from your map. Boo (?).

38. Tarheel4985

Trader

Unfortunately we don't have any plans on the horizon for extending distribution regularly down to the Springs. We still do not have enough inventory to keep up with our current footprint, but we're working on increasing our capacity as soon as possible.

39. Dan_K

Trader

Nah you need to make the 2 hour drive every time you want Weldwerks. And then hear Denverites complain about how far it is.

I am excited for the Apricot Gose, but might be a couple weeks before I make it to WW again. The nice thing is outside a few hype beers these cans can stick around for a week or two.
    -------
    I made it my mission to try every new WW beer variant, I think I am up to 78 so far? I missed a few good ones along the way, but not many. Sounds like I'll be over 150 at the end of this year.

40. Circleo12

Circleo12 Devotee (408) Nov 12, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

Yes, but which WW ones are you missing hmm? ... :slight_smile:

Dan_K likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.