Official Weldwerks Thread

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by brettc22, Sep 23, 2017.

1. JakeT469

JakeT469 Aspirant (270) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

I definitely didn’t expect them to have enough of each Noche to last for the entire pickup window. That’s why I specifically asked just about the weekend. Hopefully draft pours last at least into Saturday.

2. rmpic82

rmpic82 Aspirant (221) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Trader

At Coconut/Regular Medianoche release a couple months ago I believe it was the PB Cup Noche that kicked before I even made it in the door - around 4 pm? If it (either) makes it past Friday, Jesus loves someone visiting Saturday.

3. rmpic82

rmpic82 Aspirant (221) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Trader

Of course that was GABF, right? Young children have degraded my mental capacities so greatly, I’m lost in the parental space/time continuum. Crowds might allow this time around.

Dicers likes this.
  4. Knobs303

Knobs303 Aspirant (256) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado

WtF!!! Jesus is visiting Saturday??? :astonished: :sunglasses: :wink:

SFACRKnight and rmpic82 like this.
  5. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (423) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

That’s dope. Makes scents too since he typically pretty busy Sunday...

6. Dan_Inreallife

Dan_Inreallife Devotee (472) Jan 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I remember that day well. 30min in the draft line and heartbreak was waiting at the front. Luckily, (and I know this will be the case this time around as well) there were an insane number of other options of equal awesomeness and Sweet Disposition bottles for on-site, so I wasn't too bummed.

m34josh and Dan_K like this.
  7. JakeT469

@Tarheel4985 Assuming there’s lines this weekend at open for bottle pickup, will the door on the west side of the building be open for people wanting to come in just for pours that aren’t picking up bottles?

8. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Initiate (96) Sep 14, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

Yep, we'll have a draft only line on the west side again, then the south registers will be for draft, bottles, and can purchases. We'll be dropping the limit to 2 pours per person to start (no flights) to expedite service, then we'll raise those limits as we get through the lines. We will also have a few on-premise only Medianoche bottles that can be purchased in the draft line as well.

9. JakeT469

Awesome. Sounds like the usual WW release strategy. Thanks for the info.

10. seniorshmently

seniorshmently Initiate (106) Oct 4, 2010 Colorado

I'm sure every Friday release has been different, but does the craziness typically die down on Fridays as the evening goes on or is it nuts to butts from open to close?

11. Dicers

Dicers Poo-Bah (1,711) Sep 2, 2012 Colorado
    Premium Trader

Normally it's calm until after work, then it picks up and is busy but not crazy the rest of the evening.....

Medianoche releases or other hyped releases it'll be crazy all day today and all day tomorrow. Like @Tarheel4985 said, if you want calm wait until Sunday

seniorshmently likes this.
  12. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Aspirant (257) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado

Just stopped in and it was not too busy at all. No line whatsoever and open seats.

Dan_Inreallife likes this.
  13. Dan_Inreallife

Trader

Hats off to Weldwerks for handling today like pros - IDs and Eventbrite tickets were checked in line before doors were even opened and Noche pick-up / to-go cans / draft pours were handled quickly and efficiently. PB Cup Noche was mind-blowing and the on-site bottles were an awesome bonus (split a Coconut and a Mexican Medianoche with my buddy). Today was awesome!

ECOBOOSTINST, Dan_K and JakeT469 like this.
  14. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 Initiate (52) Dec 10, 2015 Colorado

PB Noche was one of the silliest things Ive ever drank. I felt like a 10 year old having reeses puffs for the first time. Mind-boggling.

Dan_K and Dan_Inreallife like this.
  15. JakeT469

Hopefully your Reeses Puffs weren’t 13.1%

SFACRKnight likes this.
  16. Dan_Inreallife

Trader

Fuck that, hipefhope they were! In for 13% Reese's Puffs cereal.

In other news, Skyline Daydream is really good, but Alpine Chateau was just OK, basically an above average milk stout but nothing special, derdefinit don't get any of the marshmallow or Swiss Miss flavors.

Dan_K likes this.
  17. Dan_K

Dan_K Devotee (490) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

We were disappointed with Alpine Chateau and glad we tried before buying a 4-pack.

East Coast Faceplant was decent though, and I did enjoy Frosted Tips.
    Brandy Bourbon 'Noche was good, but I think I prefer regular Noche to that.
    But Peanut Butter Cup Medianoche was kind of a showstopper. What really made it excellent was that tantalizing aroma of salty peanut butter.