Old Bud Light

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by porters4life, May 1, 2018.

1. porters4life

porters4life Aspirant (216) Jun 28, 2016 Illinois

I have a can of Bud Light that i have held on to since 2012 because it has the Rams logo on it. It is the first year I remember seeing them do it so I held on to it. I'm thinking about drinking it. I know it will more than likely end up poured down the drain after a sip or two. My question is other than the fact that it is not going to taste well and all that. Would it be alright to drink A 6 year old bud light?

2. tmbgnicu

tmbgnicu Devotee (470) Mar 15, 2014 Pennsylvania

There's nothing that would hurt you in an old beer, even a bud light. Why drink it at all though? Drain it through the bottom and keep the can

Bitterbill and MikeP64 like this.
  3. porters4life

Just curiosity honestly, wondering what it would taste like.

4. ilikebeer03

ilikebeer03 Crusader (788) Oct 17, 2012 Texas

Nothing harmful.

5. Jbuitron

Jbuitron Initiate (44) Sep 11, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

Drink it!

6. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Disciple (343) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

The only damage done will be to your taste buds/palate. It's an experiment I wouldn't want to try, but I'm interested in your results.

7. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (1,842) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Premium Trader

Drinking an old beer that was designed to be consumed young is a recipe for disappointment. I suggest you smell it before deciding to taste it.

8. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (1,916) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Premium Trader

C'mon, do it for science! Do it for your fellow BA's! And please report back with your findings. :slight_smile:

Edit: It won't hurt you, and I'll bet that it won't be any worse than it was on the day it was canned.

9. porters4life

I'll let you all know how it goes when i try it later today.

10. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,571) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

If you are looking to save the can as a keepsake follow the suggestion of @tmbgnicu

"Drain it through the bottom and keep the can."

Cheers!

Bitterbill likes this.
  11. zid

zid Champion (859) Feb 15, 2010 New York

Try it alongside a new can though.
    (I guess you no longer want to just keep it closed and put it on a shelf)

Bitterbill likes this.
  12. JimmyTheDook

JimmyTheDook Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2011 Texas

beer shampoo recipes call for flat beer

porters4life likes this.
  13. porters4life

I didn't care about keeping the can anymore. It was bad very bad, way worse than I thought it would be. There was stuff floating around in it, I'm guessing just the beer breaking down or something not real sure what it was. It had an almost nasty malt taste to it and was flat and had a weird mouthfeel on it as well. Not good, do not try(I'm sure no one planned on it but just saying its not good). All that said it did look kinda hazy so that is an improvement from regular Bud Light I guess. Anyway drinking a double IPA from the Old Bakery Beer Company out of Alton, Illinois. Cheers everybody!