One Day in Boston and a Simple Request

Discussion in 'New England' started by RutgersBeerGuy, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RutgersBeerGuy

RutgersBeerGuy Aspirant (268) Jan 16, 2007 New York
    Trader

Hello New Englanders,

I will be in Boston from around 1 PM on Wednesday until Thursday morning for a quick work event. My event takes me to the Seaport area and I'm staying right around Northeastern and the Museum of Fine Arts.

All I want to know is this: between those two rough areas... which liquor store(s) provide the best bets for quick access to Jack's Abby's staple beers? I'm just looking for year-round stuff like House Lager and Calyptra. Maybe Notch's Session Pils while we're at it.

So there you go. I hope this is a reasonably humble request in comparison to most of the Trillium, Tree House, etc inquiries with which you appear to be inundated.

2. soheadyithurts

soheadyithurts Initiate (130) Jan 4, 2013 Massachusetts

ft point market next door to trillium

RutgersBeerGuy likes this.
  3. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (318) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'd go to the Craft Beer Cellar on Van Ness St. or to Urban Grape near Back Bay Station

PhilDicarlo and RutgersBeerGuy like this.
  4. RutgersBeerGuy

Trader

Fort Point Market looks like a winner and makes a lot of sense, location wise. Thanks for the quick responses!

rhino88888888 and EnronCFO like this.
  5. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (364) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Fort Point Market is indeed a winner.

6. Jcorn

Jcorn Disciple (367) Jun 17, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Well considering you'll be in the Seaport & you can be at Trillium's Fort Point location there is no need to request Trillium. You can get it yourself! But Jacks Abby is basically available everywhere. I trip over Hoponius Union cases at most stores I frequent. Great beer, but not exactly tough to track down.

7. RutgersBeerGuy

Trader

Thanks for the tip. I'm aware that Jack's Abby isn't a hard get, but due to the extremely limited amount of time that I'll be in town, I wanted to have a store lined up where I could find what I was looking for in one trip.

No Trillium for me. I'll be limited to what I can bring back in my bag and the lagers are priority #1. :slight_smile:

8. Jcorn

Trader

Gotcha, yeah those Trill bottles are kinda hard to pack I guess. I hate shipping them in trades.

9. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (237) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

3 pounds each!

10. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Crusader (714) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Look out for the Jack's Abby House Lager. Packaged in cans so easy to handle in your bag. Great lager.

VABA likes this.
  11. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (237) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

If you like their hoppy stuff, the Excess IPL is fantastic. Fort Point Market should have it. Excellent beer, and priced well at ~$11 for a four-pack of pint cans.

12. Jcorn

Trader

2nd this. Excess is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.