One Stop Liquor in La Habra?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by PeprSprYoFace, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeprSprYoFace

PeprSprYoFace Savant (938) Feb 18, 2008 California
    Trader

According to their Instagram they are selling their "cellar" of beers tomorrow at 2pm. They have beers that aren't distro'd like Bells Black Note, Black Tuesday, KBS and Plead the 5th. Does anyone shop here? Is this one of those price gouging spots? Never heard of this shop till now and im thinkin of going tomorrow but im very skeptical. Any thoughts?

2. grze

grze Devotee (495) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Trader

Price gouging got out of control recently to the point that I rarely buy beer at liquor stores...Except the regular, every day beers.

3. JNBeer

JNBeer Initiate (0) Aug 14, 2005 California

They sold $10 for a bottle of nelson a month or so ago.... soft gouge....

4. heatwaves

heatwaves Aspirant (226) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Trader

I went today and I think they were really trying to do their best to create some excitement for the place. Only about 13 people were in line at 2pm and they had a raffle for things like Angels tickets, movie tickets, a golf bag, etc. As expected, the beer was kind of at 'rape me' prices. BCBS and Barleywine for $9, Jamaican Blue Speedway for $30, Lil Opal and Rose Bretta for $23, Pugachev for $24, and Rufus Corvus for $25. For the "out of market" stuff (kbs, bbpt5, black note, etc.) they only had one bottle of each. I didn't see the price for those, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap. I'm glad that I went to check it out, but most of these bottles you can get for a lot cheaper and I didn't feel it was very worthwhile.

5. Purpleman

Purpleman Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2014 California

How long did you have to wait outside?

6. heatwaves

heatwaves Aspirant (226) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Trader

It was a little odd. I arrived right at 2pm when the sale was suppose to start. About ten minutes later, they came out to hand out some schwag, pass out raffle tickets, then hold the raffle. I don't think we actually got into the store until 2:30. It was an entertaining wait in line, I'm just not sure why there had to be a wait. I really wanted to enjoy the whole thing, but I felt like they were trying too hard.

Purpleman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.