Ontario BAs: Floatie issue in latest Founders release?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by polloenfuego, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polloenfuego

polloenfuego Poo-Bah (1,905) Jan 26, 2013 Canada (NB)
    Society Trader

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues/discovery of floaties in the various Founders releases that came out late last year?

I have found some in the Porter and most recently in a Backwoods Bastard I opened last night. Friends are reporting them in Dirty Bastard, Porter, Backwoods and Breakfast Stout as well. In one case (I think it is isolated) the beer was also putrid/undrinkable. In all others, they were still drinkable if you don't mind floaties.

All were purchased from the LCBO during the winter release...all in the Ottawa area, and at various LCBO locations.

Anyone else noticing this issue?

Anyone have any insight?

2. mtomlins

mtomlins Savant (949) Mar 12, 2010 Canada (ON)

I haven't had any problems with the 4pack of Backwoods I grabbed. Friends who had FBS and porter didn't report any issues either. I think I remember reading something on MoB of a few people saying the LCBO release Founders tasted different that US purchased Founders, but I can't find the thread now (of course...).

3. Electros

Electros Poo-Bah (2,581) Feb 20, 2007 Canada (ON)
    Moderator Society Trader

Eh okay here with all in the release.

4. bylerteck

bylerteck Poo-Bah (3,358) May 17, 2009 Canada (ON)
    Society

Wouldn't care if there were

5. liamt07

liamt07 Poo-Bah (2,718) Jul 26, 2009 Canada (ON)
    Society

Yeast sediment or hop debris probably. Put your beer in the fridge for a little while, let the stuff settle and drink it. It's not going to hurt you.

peensteen likes this.
  6. polloenfuego

polloenfuego Poo-Bah (1,905) Jan 26, 2013 Canada (NB)
    Society Trader

I'm just a little surprised... I have Founder's product purchased in NY and there is no sediment buildup there and no issues... But then these LCBO purchased ones seem to have more floaties than usual.

Don't worry... None of it is going to waste :stuck_out_tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.