Orlando in Mid-December

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by JackXCI, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackXCI

JackXCI Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2013 North Carolina

Im spending a week in Orlando December 15th and don't know much about the bars/bottle shops/Brewpubs.

If anyone's got some suggestions for all three that'd be great.
    Also maybe trying to set up an IP trade, perhaps Lindley Park/EvHo??

Cheers

2. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2010 Florida

Msg me and let me know where you are staying. I could show you around. Also I would be down for some LP.

3. flag8r

flag8r Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2009 Florida

Tampa is about an hour West.

JackXCI likes this.
  4. johnyb

johnyb Defender (679) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Where are you in NC ?? Any chance of bringing down some growlers of Freak from Wicked Weed for IP trade?? Visited Asheville in March, loved Freak, really great DIPA.

5. craftabrew407

craftabrew407 Initiate (30) Sep 21, 2013 Florida
    Trader

All subjective, but -
    Best Brewpub : Cask and Larder
    Best "Beer Parlour"/Bar : Redlight Redlight (a hosting site for Zwanze Day '13) also, Imperial Beer & Wine Garden is enjoyable
    Best Bottleshops : Big C's Liquors and Knightly Spirits

JackXCI likes this.
  6. blamethemovies

blamethemovies Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2012 Florida

What he said, but make sure to go to the Knightly Spirits on Orange Blossom Trail if you want the best selection. For bars also check out Oblivion and tap & grind. Oblivion has food and actually just updated their menu, while tap & grind is focused on American craft only but knocks it out of the park with their vibe and get some great tap takeovers from time to time.

urielxvi, kpanter and JackXCI like this.
  7. JackXCI

Im in Charlotte, wont be headed to asheville sadly. Thanks for the suggestions. I've been told Big C's is great. Either send me a message or ill message people interest in a trade.

8. flag8r

I hate to again mention this but...IMO, Knightly Spirits is crap. It's tiny, the craft beer section is smaller. Go to Total Wine, trust me on this. Are you driving down by chance?

9. blamethemovies

blamethemovies Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2012 Florida

Which Knightly Spirits are you actually going to? There are I think 4-6. All the small ones have a small sampling, but the main store on OBT is stellar. They have a much better selection than Total Wine in comparison to quality and readily stock beers distro'd from Shelton Brothers which means Fantome, Panil, Mikkeller and Cantillon. Stuff you're not going to find at either Orlando. Hell, even Cigar City has brewed with these guys they're so awesome and were given tickets for Apple Brandy Hunaphu this year.

10. flag8r

Oh, the only one I've been to was on the Central Florida Parkway near I-4.

11. RayUF07

RayUF07 Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Florida

FTFY

I agree with most on Redlight Redlight and Cask & Larder as must sees, i'd also like to throw in The Gnarly Barely as a cool little place to eat and have a beer.

ufmj, tugg407 and craftabrew407 like this.
  12. JackXCI

Much appreciated everyone

13. baconmcnuggets

baconmcnuggets Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 Florida

Going to Asheville right before Christmas, if they still have it and you're still in the market at the time I'll see what I can swing for you.

14. johnyb

johnyb Defender (679) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Trader

I am certain I would still be interested. Hit me up then !!!

15. dcs1548

dcs1548 Initiate (0) Nov 6, 2011 Virginia

For shops Knightly is a great place. If you're passing through Jax and have the time to stop for an IP trade feel free to send me a BM and maybe we can work something out.

16. drummintime

drummintime Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2008 Oregon

17. Pete811

Pete811 Initiate (0) May 13, 2013 Michigan

I'm Leaving West MI to Jensen Beach either tomorrow night or monday morning.. I have access to some to great Shorts Brews, Oddside and Founders if anyone is interested. (I'm also thinking about getting some Greenbush Delusion for myself and Zombie Dust in IN on the way down..)

18. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2011 Massachusetts

BigGene is a ho for said Lindley Park. lol Love you man !!

19. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2010 Florida

Yup yup. Need some bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.