Oskar Blues barrel program (officially) expanding

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by R3ason, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R3ason

R3ason Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2014 Colorado

beermeplz and tylerstravis like this.
  2. benjamminjones24

benjamminjones24 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2016 Colorado

Awesome! Hoping for some BA Old Chub.

3. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yeah- some BA old chub sounds delightful!

R3ason likes this.
  4. beermeplz

beermeplz Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2015 California

really looking forward to the ramp up too...BA ten fidy and old chub on the shelves would be awesome. tequila gubna wasn't really my thing but hope they throw that and g'knight into some barrels for canning too - loved their cabernet version on tap a while back!

Dan_K likes this.
  5. Dan_K

Dan_K Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

A tenfold increase in barrels means that not only will we get something like BA Old Chub, but that the distro for BA TenFidy will be much greater - maybe some will even make it out of state. I suppose BATF might lose it's minor-whale status, but who cares? It's delicious and I like to drink it.

Side note, anyone still holding on to cans? How long do you think you should age that one before it's going to start to decline?

I also think it's smart that OB has not gone into sour/wild territory yet. Reduces the risk of contamination.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  6. R3ason

Same thoughts here. It's more of an ego thing for me that wants it to remain 'exclusive'. But, this is being rapidly outweighed by the thought of being able to just grab one of these off the shelf (disclaimer: I don't trade, so that aspect of exclusivity doesn't mean much to me, like it might [legitimately] for a trader).

Good question. I had three. Drank one right away and found it pretty hot. With two left, I've been wrestling with the same thing. Knowing that there will be (much) more available on the horizon, I'll probably drink one sometime this spring, and hold on to the last one for a side-by-side with the batch coming out this fall. Curious as to others' thoughts as well.

ManBearPat likes this.
  7. Dan_K

Dan_K Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

I am planning the same thing. I think I ended up with ~9 cans at one point but I gave away or traded most of them and so I'm only left with a couple. I'm a little nervous that a year in the can will be too long, but I am keeping them extra cool.

R3ason likes this.
  8. Greels

Greels Initiate (0) May 6, 2013 Colorado

I thought BA Ten Fidy was fantastic fresh. Didn't think it was too hot at all, and I don't even drink bourbon. I have cracked 2 in the last couple months, and it was still great in my opinion. Hanging on to my last one currently, but not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold out.

mewcow and R3ason like this.
  9. deadsincebirth

deadsincebirth Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2014 Illinois

I was triple dog dared to drink mine by spring time...

benjamminjones24 and brettc22 like this.
  10. R3ason

I suspect the one I had wasn't cooled down enough. Looking forward to these next couple.

Any other barrel aged offerings anyone is looking forward to (or wanting OB to try)? Agree on the BA Old Chub. Sounds rather appealing.

11. tylerstubs

tylerstubs Initiate (0) May 14, 2015 Colorado

More BA fidy with adjunct deviants.

mewcow, R3ason, Greels and 1 other person like this.
  12. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

I missed out on BATF locally, but managed to score some when my dad and I went to the Brevard location between Christmas and New Years luckily. Thought it was delightful fresh, and have two squirreled away. Not sure if it will fall off though.

I also wonder if these are much different than what was produced in CO?

13. Greels

Greels Initiate (0) May 6, 2013 Colorado

I believe that I read somewhere that all cans were done here and shipped to NC. Could be completely making that up tho

14. smithj2154

smithj2154 Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 California

Kind of an old thread so apologies in advance. Can anyone tell me if BA Gubna is still available at the brewery? I just saw a haul post pic of one and I think my friend would be able to #gopickitupformebro

Thanks!

15. mewcow

mewcow Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2015 Colorado

I called the Tasty Weasel yesterday around noon and they said they still had BA Gubna in cans. They also said they have BA Chubna.

smithj2154 and ManBearPat like this.
  16. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

So from the article it looks like BA Ten Fidy will be for sale in the Fall. That can't get here soon enough!

17. R3ason

Anyone have any updates on how the expanded barrel program is going? What with the pumpkin beers already appearing, and seeing geese flying south today, I can't help but dream about BA Ten FIDY :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.