Other Half (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by RobNewton, Jan 1, 2019.

1. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (547) Aug 18, 2012 New York

New Hop Showers is banging! Wish I bought more. If its still left, dont sleep on it.

2. PapasDelicateCondition

PapasDelicateCondition Initiate (87) Sep 7, 2016 New York

I'm not even done with my last batch of mylar. I gotta pick it up!

3. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Aspirant (265) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

I thought 5th was slightly more banana forward, because Snowbirds was working with a lot more adjuncts that masked it.

Sabtos likes this.
  4. Feaor

Feaor Initiate (146) Jul 9, 2017 New York

Drinking my last can of 5th Anni, this is still amazing, holding up well for a 4 month old hoppy beer.

5. thisischuck01

thisischuck01 Initiate (52) Sep 9, 2014 New York
    Trader

6. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (90) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

Cream get the Honey & Forever Simcoe on the IG story.

7. PapasDelicateCondition

What's going on in that Instagram screenshot? Am I missing something or is the most mundane post ever?

RobNewton likes this.
  8. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,112) Feb 22, 2012 New York
    Society Trader

Is it that they're brewing in Rochester? Have they not brewed there before?

9. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (181) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

I think they have been around a handful of years. My GF said originally it was only like a few seats and mostly take out/delivery when they opened. They then got seating next door and made it part of the restaurant. I will ask her tonight when it opened

SpinSamzo and RobNewton like this.
  10. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (324) Jun 25, 2016 New York

11. PapasDelicateCondition

Would love a report back on the Simcoe after the last batch wasn't the greatest.

fdonnelly and RobNewton like this.
  12. thisischuck01

thisischuck01 Initiate (52) Sep 9, 2014 New York
    Trader

AFAIK they haven't, thus the super low case counts for every Rochester release.

13. fdonnelly

Trader

so, how bad do you think Sat will be? Obviously we are all psyched because they are dropping some stuff we all love, but will it bring the masses? I was surprised when we drove past the weekend of the Veil collab that there was really no one there any nothing had sold out by 11AM and we ended up stopping. Hoping the same for this week so i can get a 4 pack of this more citra and not have to get out of bed early

14. RobNewton

RobNewton Defender (632) Dec 30, 2014 New York
    Society Trader

I dont think any of those beers bring the masses. More Citra will probably be gone at some point in the day though.

15. tinoynk

Trader

If the instagram comment theory holds water, it shouldn't be bad compared to something like the last Crunchee release.

16. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Aspirant (265) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

Na it's all about the IG likes

17. tinoynk

Trader

Ah a lesson from the man himself. Either way, still isn't as big as some of the recent hyped releases.

18. fdonnelly

Trader

This was my thought process as well. Hopefully I can roll in around noon for a couple 4 packs and a pour. I really wish they did mixed 4 packs or some version of single cans so I could get like 2 of each thing I wanted instead of a whole 4 pack. Guess it benefits my friends who I will prob just give some too

guinness77 likes this.
  19. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Initiate (112) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Forever Simcoe is on tap, and assuming that's the same batch as whats in cans I'll swing by after work and report back on how its tasting if no one beats me to it.

Also wanted to add to the chorus of praise for Green City; my wife had it at Sidecar Monday night and it really is an incredible IPA to find so easily and consistently around town. Also had Coded Tiles by LIC at Nitehawk Prospect which was way better than a movie theater pale ale needs to be. Signs of the golden times we live in!

20. fdonnelly

Trader

Waiting for the Forever Simcoe report! I love Green City as an IPA on tap at most places. Missed cans hopefully it comes back. They had Higher Burnin by LIC at MSG last year when i went to a concert and I was pleasantly surprised

SeanEDPBK and RobNewton like this.
  21. RobNewton

Society Trader

This batch on draft is excellent. It's creamy while both resiny and juicy.

22. fdonnelly

Trader

I know what I am getting when I stop in Friday night

RobNewton likes this.
  23. SeanEDPBK

@RobNewton well played, and I heartily endorse his opinion.

24. TurkeysDrinkBeer

TurkeysDrinkBeer Initiate (59) Sep 8, 2018 Virginia
    Trader

There is a solution for this problem that I personally practice, all you gotta do is take one of those afore mentioned friends with you and have them buy two different 4pks and you buy two different 4pks and then split everything purchased. Both usually spend around the same money and both get a nice mix of beers to drink. Problem solved, cheers!

fdonnelly likes this.
  25. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Aspirant (251) Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

This batch of Always & Forever is tasting incredible. Crazy juice. I’ve always been a fan of this beer and have considered it very underrated, but this is crazy.

26. Bradzo228

Bradzo228 Initiate (54) Jun 13, 2014 New Jersey

Shocked no one has brought this up yet: Bissell Bro’s and OH collab coming soon. BB tweeted it out. Start lining up now

27. PapasDelicateCondition

Even though I just touted the Portland beer scene as being among the best in the country, I think Bissell is one of the more overrated breweries.

28. afroskully

afroskully Aspirant (252) Aug 24, 2016 New York
    Trader

Haven’t had a lot of it, but Reciprocal is one damn good IPA.

Mrstiffington and guinness77 like this.
  29. Max_W

Max_W Disciple (353) Jun 14, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

Think the haze in general is suffering from massive overhype/grade inflation these days, and yes realize I’m not the first to say it

Not saying there isn’t great/amazing stuff out there, but people need to come back down to earth

And yes, see you all at Green City next weekend

30. mikeydoesit

mikeydoesit Initiate (47) Sep 25, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Anybody have a scenario where they are stuck with an extra ticket to Green City per chance? I know GA still available just wasn’t sure if anyone was in a bind with an extra.

31. fdonnelly

Trader

Ha I wish, none of my friends ever like to go into NY/Brookly, their loss.

TurkeysDrinkBeer likes this.
  32. Bradzo228

Bradzo228 Initiate (54) Jun 13, 2014 New Jersey

while I hear you and could quite possibly agree, BB is one of the OG’s of the hazy IPA. Big respect to them and what they’ve done

33. Feaor

Feaor Initiate (146) Jul 9, 2017 New York

Did anyone try Pineapple Headband yet? Thinking about going to pick it up along with some cans.

34. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,216) Jan 6, 2014 New York

Drinking my last Citra-hopped Hop Showers. Unbelievable how good this still is at almost 2 months old.

35. Tallerboy

Tallerboy Initiate (96) Jun 17, 2017 New York

I endorse this batch of Forever Simcoe, it's smooth right out of the gate.

36. SeanEDPBK

@Feaor I tried it, it was alright, pretty typical OH dessert stout sweetness, reminded me of that Australian candy Pineapple Lumps (which I enjoy eating... drinking maybe not).

fdonnelly likes this.
  37. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (324) Jun 25, 2016 New York

It’s on tap if you want a taster beforehand

38. Comparison_Ford

Comparison_Ford Disciple (373) Apr 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

Completely burnt out on pastry stouts right now. They're more of a "flavor explosion" than their DIPAs, but way less drinkable and way more fatiguing on the palate. I'm hard-pressed to think of a flavor combination or collab that would create an interest in purchasing at this point.

Honestly more interested in the lagers at this point in time. Sipping a pineapple upside down cake stout while I surfcast just seems inherently wrong to me.

39. RobNewton

Society Trader

Yeah, I get the burnout. I'm hard-pressed to imagine a pastry stout I'd feel like I have to get... though there's always next week.

fdonnelly and frozyn like this.
  40. FatSkippy

FatSkippy Initiate (45) Mar 21, 2005 New York

I get burned out on pastry stouts by the time I finish a taster. I would buy them to go if they came in 4 oz cans.