Other Half (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by RobNewton, Jan 1, 2019.

1. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Initiate (178) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

#staytunedformore #OHtheresmore

2. Feaor

Feaor Initiate (145) Jul 9, 2017 New York

I'm only slightly interested in it because I really enjoyed the Pineapple Coconut stout they did with Burial a while back.

Also what are the chances of a City Slickers 2 rebrew after Green City? I feel like that's when it came out last time.

3. Tallerboy

Tallerboy Initiate (96) Jun 17, 2017 New York

OG City Slickers came out in April, I remember drinking some in the park under the cherry blossoms.

Brian_Lynch likes this.
  4. Feaor

Just double checked and City Slickers 2 came out July 2nd last year so seems about right as far as timing goes.

fdonnelly likes this.
  5. fdonnelly

Trader

When do they send out info on the VIP beers for the Green City ticket?

Chrismb likes this.
  6. Feaor

RIP Recycling Center, wonder what’s going on there. More Citra than All Citra whatever is good but I don’t think it’s discernibly different

7. fdonnelly

Trader

gonna try it out tonight, I only had the 1st release of the More Citra and i felt like it was a bit hot/green and never got to try it again after. I did really love the Experimental ACE they dropped week of Pastrytown. Going to get my pour of Forever Simcoe first though!

Xerlic likes this.
  8. Feaor

Yea this batch of Forever Simcoe is fantastic, its very tropical fruit forward which I like but if I were to nitpick its missing a little bit of that pine that's present in the best batches imo.

RobNewton and fdonnelly like this.
  9. fdonnelly

Trader

Ahh, I do like the little bit of pine there, I remember the first DDH Forever Simcoe batch and it was just perfect to me at that time. looking forward to a pour tonight

mayhops likes this.
  10. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (185) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

One of their instagram posts said they would be sending an email out this week. I don’t know anyone that got it yet.

Chrismb and fdonnelly like this.
  11. fdonnelly

Trader

Forever Simcoe is on point. More Citra was good, but the experimental ACE was better IMO.

In honor of being experimental I poured some Forever Simcoe into the end of my more Citra and named it’d Forever More Simtra. Would try again lol

12. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (100) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

I would do mix 4 packs with you. Sometimes I prefer only two of each. Occasionally I can get some friends in town to split but often they want even more than a four pack of everything.

13. Tallerboy

Swipe right...

14. fdonnelly

Trader

Shoot me a PM I’d be totally down to split stuff

15. ChairfaceChippendale

ChairfaceChippendale Initiate (89) May 29, 2014 New York
    Trader

No line. AGE gone and almost Mylar too.

RobNewton and thisischuck01 like this.
  16. thisischuck01

thisischuck01 Initiate (52) Sep 9, 2014 New York
    Trader

DDHDCDD sold out as well.

RobNewton likes this.
  17. PapasDelicateCondition

PapasDelicateCondition Initiate (86) Sep 7, 2016 New York

Weird. Did they split those cans? Because More Citra is the stuff of legends and I almost always avoid triples. They got every bit of flavor out of that 10.5%

18. Comparison_Ford

Comparison_Ford Disciple (373) Apr 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

Was taken aback to see that AGE was sold out by the time I got there. Must've been a standard sized batch split 3 ways (Brooklyn, Rochester, Mobile) and probably not equally. Missed out on that and Double Citra but I'm alright with that.

First time trying Vapor Ringz and this is quite the consolation prize. Getting a nice fruit punch note that I've gotten off of some of my favorite OH IPAs.

19. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Initiate (112) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Just wait until some fire beer is brewed in Rochester and Brooklyn gets the "extra"...that'll take us all aback, waaaaaaay back.

RobNewton likes this.
  20. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (322) Jun 25, 2016 New York

21. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Aspirant (263) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

NICE TRY OTHER HALF, BUT IM HANGING WITH DAD TOMORROW

22. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,278) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Good God having now and can't imagine more banana. This VIP is like bananasaurus

RobNewton likes this.
  23. MattInBklyn

MattInBklyn Initiate (27) Dec 27, 2017 New York

Ugh. I was hoping for an easy drop-in to pick up some Mylar and forever ever. Guess that won’t happen. How long will it take to clear the DFPF line and will there be any Mylar left?

24. Tallerboy

They're selling it out of the taproom so OH doesn't think there will be a line... I gonna guess you'll get your mylar bags bc they just had batch two weeks ago.

25. Tallerboy

$28 per bottle! $85 on secondary market!!! I'm glad passion fruit taste like perfume to me.

26. PapasDelicateCondition

I think this More Citra is the best OH beer I've had this year but good Lord I pity those who bought VIP "all-in" tickets. Best of luck with those beers they're packaging for you.

Tallerboy likes this.
  27. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Aspirant (251) Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

A case of triples. What could go wrong?

28. patmcd

patmcd Aspirant (236) Jul 5, 2008 New York

Glad I didn't go for VIP.... just need a 4oz at Green City. Thanks.

I'm torn if I will be going to this Thursday's drop (I forget is there a green city non-VIP IPA?) or wait for all the collabs to hit in a few weeks right before July 4th...

29. ChairfaceChippendale

ChairfaceChippendale Initiate (89) May 29, 2014 New York
    Trader

Green City VIP package:
    • Bottle of Green City 2019 Imperial Stout with Banana and Pedro Ximenez (All-In Version) conditioned on dehydrated sherry, cacao nibs, and Wild Thai bananas (15.3% ABV)
    • Bottle of Green City 2019 Barrel Aged Imperial Stout Aged One Year in George Dickel Tennessee Whisky Barrels (17% ABV)
    • 2 4-packs of Green City Festival 2019 Imperial IPA (Pink Version) with Mosaic, Citra, Idaho 7, Cashmere, and Mosaic and Citra Cryo (10.5% ABV)
    • 2 4-packs of Green City Festival 2019 Imperial IPA (Green Version) with Citra, Galaxy, Sabro, Vic Secret, and Citra and Sabro Cryo (10.5% ABV)
    • 2 4-packs of Green City All-Stars Imperial IPA with Pils malt, oats, Citra, El Dorado, Galaxy and Denali (12% ABV)

#3509 ChairfaceChippendale, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    mayhops likes this.
  30. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Initiate (112) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Very nice all-in lineup there.

31. DrederickTatum

DrederickTatum Initiate (185) Dec 13, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Kinda regretting springing for the VIP. All 10+ abv. 80% of the beer is probably gonna end up sitting in my fridge until they’re no longer good.

fdonnelly likes this.
  32. PapasDelicateCondition

A few years ago I talked with someone who brewed for Boulevard and they told me that they had agreed to not follow trend and make IIPA pint cans because it was "irresponsible." But I bet they just can't. #boulevardhatesalcoholics

RobNewton likes this.
  33. dhaakon

dhaakon Devotee (441) May 30, 2005 New York
    Society

That’s like the equivalent of 8-10 bottles of wine. Insane.

34. timnyc

timnyc Initiate (71) Dec 28, 2013 New York

Help a brother out, I don't want to spend the afternoon drinking nothing but Heady Topper. Not that that's a bad thing, but what brews should I NOT MISS at this year's Green City? Who's bringing the buzz beers??

35. Comparison_Ford

Comparison_Ford Disciple (373) Apr 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

God damn now I'm curious to revisit Heady Topper. It's been a good 3 years since I last had a can and I'm curious to see how it stacks up in today's frightening and confusing beer scene.

fdonnelly likes this.
  36. patmcd

patmcd Aspirant (236) Jul 5, 2008 New York

I had it just a few months ago when it made it's way to NYC. Didn't live up to my memory and my tastes have obviously changed -- I couldn't even finish the can. Hard pass for me at the festival.

37. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Aspirant (263) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

Holy shit there is a beer at Green City called 'Even Sharks Need Water' that's amazing

fdonnelly and RobNewton like this.
  38. Tallerboy

I had a Heady last month, drank the whole can... It's still a solid beer, but I liked the last two WCIPA OH put out, it's nice to take a break from the straight juice.

39. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (89) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

The cans I've had that hit NYC bars via distribution have all been almost totally different than the fresh cans I've got from VT itself. Even the appearance of the cans here is more of a medium-haze, but the cans I've had up there all poured totally opaque.

40. Xerlic

Xerlic Initiate (153) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

But you're supposed to DrInK FrOm ThE cAn.