Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobNewton

RobNewton Defender (626) Dec 30, 2014 New York
    Society Trader

Other Half Brewery -http://www.otherhalfbrewing.com/,https://instagram.com/otherhalftaproom/

Address: 195 Centre St Brooklyn, NY 11231

Tap Room Hours: Tuesday through Friday: 5 pm to 10 pm, Saturday: 12 pm to 10 pm, Sunday: 12 pm to 6 pm

Closest Subway Station: Smith-9th St (F and G Train)

Directions From Subway: Walk West on W.9th Street to the intersection, Make a Left on Smith St, walk two blocks and make a right on Centre St, Tap Room is halfway down the block across from the McDonalds. (Approx. 2 min walk)

Parking: Street parking is available near the brewery, but it can be difficult to find an open spot. Parking a few blocks away is suggested. Please don't park at McDonalds. Parking can frequently be found across Court Street on the other side of the expressway.

UPDATE: A Citi Bike station was recently installed at Smith/9th, woo!

Current Tap List: Checking Untappd is the best way to find out what is currently available. Pours are available in 4oz/8oz/12oz/16oz depending on the beer. Tasting flights are not available.

Growler Fills: Other Half uses a Counter Pressure fill system. This requires that all 32oz and 64oz growlers have a 1.125” standard threaded opening.
    [​IMG]
    Other Half branded growlers require a $5 deposit. Growlers from other breweries are welcome, but must follow those measurement guidelines. Not all beers are available for growler fills, please check the tap room menu board for details.

Can and Bottles Sales: Cans and Bottles are for sale in the tap room when they are available. Releases are announced via Other Half’s Instagram/Twitter/Facebook. Can releases occur every weekend. Check Instagram for updates. Cans and Bottles cannot be consumed on the premises.

Other Half Gear: OH branded growlers, hats, glasses, and t-shirts are available in the tap room.

Credit Cards: $10 Minimum, no AMEX

Outside Beer:
    Do not open bottles or cans in the Tap Room unless you have permission from the Other Half crew. Do not drink while waiting outside on line for releases. The sidewalk is NYC property and you can get a open container ticket.

Kids and Dogs: Yes both are permitted. In the case of dogs, be aware there are brewery cats that hang around.

Local Eats: McDonalds, Pizza Moto, Buttermilk Channel, Prime Meats, Frankie’s Spuntino,Court Street Grocer, plus many other places along Court St. Outside food is allowed in the Tap Room, just be aware there is not much room to eat.

Local Bars within a ~20min walk:MiniBar, The Owl Farm, Mission Dolores, Threes Brewing, Bar Great Harry, 4th Ave Pub,Pacific Standard, Supercollider, Park Slope Ale House,Lavender Lake.

Local Bottle Shops:First Place Provisions, Whole Foods Brooklyn.

Thanks @Kanger for putting much (if not all) of this list together.

Unbreakabolt and jrnyc like this.
  2. RobNewton

RobNewton Defender (626) Dec 30, 2014 New York
    Society Trader

Let the line drama commence....

jrnyc, ianskate and Ieatlambfries like this.
  3. tynian16

tynian16 Disciple (370) Oct 23, 2015 New York
    Society

I would think today should be pretty low key but I'm sure I'll be wrong.

RobNewton and ianskate like this.
  4. ianskate

ianskate Initiate (32) Sep 28, 2010 New York

14 cars just towed from McDonald's while the owners were being written tickets for drinking on the street :stuck_out_tongue:

5. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (542) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Please tell me this is true

RobNewton and jrnyc like this.
  6. ianskate

I would say don't let your dreams be dreams, but no unfortunately not, as far as I know :slight_smile:

RobNewton likes this.
  7. JBURGHOST

JBURGHOST Initiate (50) Mar 9, 2016 New York

Line is u p to corner of garnett

8. JBURGHOST

JBURGHOST Initiate (50) Mar 9, 2016 New York

Only 120 cases of Green Diamonds everything else should be good

9. Skartski

Skartski Initiate (27) Dec 21, 2015 New York

I'm hearing the new taproom is open

RobNewton likes this.
  10. pinksocked

pinksocked Initiate (34) Apr 30, 2017 New Jersey

Hows line? Thinking about coming around 1-2

I'm thinking everything should last + bottles

11. ianskate

No line, and going through the new taproom. Mylar bags is out, big stacked pallets of the other's still.

12. patmcd

patmcd Aspirant (236) Jul 5, 2008 New York

Mylar done in an hour. Damn.

13. ianskate

I think it was gone in less than an hour tbh.

Also, photo of the new setup and what was left at the time. I guess not too much Simcoe:

[​IMG]

14. Zurich

Zurich Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2012 New York

It's hard to judge because the crowd was light, but I think the new room is going to be a massive improvement. I was dreading a really slow line because of the # of beers on offer today and it moved pretty briskly. Kudos OH team!

15. Michael7

Michael7 Initiate (43) Jan 14, 2017 Pennsylvania

Line went pretty smoothly, was able to get it, get my case of Mylar, and out. Think it sold out not too much past that.

16. Skartski

How are the stouts??

17. VaTechPhilly

VaTechPhilly Devotee (463) Oct 28, 2010 New York
    Trader

Drinking the Hazelnut one now. Pretty impressed. Definitely one of their best stouts. The bourbon is pretty prevalent but I like that.

Kanger, ONovoMexicano and SeanEDPBK like this.
  18. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (178) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Okay, im going ask. Anyone know what the release is next week? Gotta feed my OH addiction

19. Kanger

Kanger Zealot (521) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Next week? The longest line ever. :stuck_out_tongue: #trillium/monkish

20. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Aspirant (250) Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

If you're not in line right now, you're not getting any beer.

21. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (135) Apr 3, 2015 New York

* on line

PhilGrowlers and Matt7781 like this.
  22. afroskully

afroskully Aspirant (250) Aug 24, 2016 New York
    Trader

I'm out of town next weekend, but something tells me I'm going to be refreshing this page obsessively for the entertainment factor alone.

23. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Poo-Bah (2,831) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

I think New York is the only place I ever hear "on line" instead of "in line." I would love to know how this started. When I first moved to NYC I was convinced it was a confusion born out of the internet era and going online, but it is possible New Yorkers have been saying it for much longer than the past 20 years.

RobNewton likes this.
  24. jfclark

jfclark Initiate (54) May 2, 2012 New York

Being "on line" definitely predates going "online".

yossle likes this.
  25. tynian16

tynian16 Disciple (370) Oct 23, 2015 New York
    Society

I'm out of town too. But I'm sure it will be good reading!

26. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Disciple (318) Jun 25, 2016 New York

Taters: 5.5% Collaboration with Monkish Brewing, Double dry hopped pale ale w/ enigma + riwaka.

Twice Baked Potato: 8%Collaboration with Monkish Brewing, Triple dry hopped imperial IPA w/ galaxy, simcoe + vic secret.

Fully Loaded Baked Potato: 10%Collaboration with Trillum Brewing and Monkish Brewing, Triple dry hopped imperial IPA w/ denali, galaxy, kohatu + mosaic.

GET READY

27. ecpho

ecpho Aspirant (246) Mar 28, 2011 New York

I'd like to say that most long time NYers think waiting in line (never waiting on line) is only for tourists and newcomers. It probably started with magnolia bakery in the sex and the city days. So waiting in line for beer I guess is the new equivalent, we'll see how much longer that lasts.

NewmansOwn likes this.
  28. prettygood

prettygood Initiate (83) May 27, 2016 New York

...the last two are triple batches right?:grinning::flushed:

29. crowlcrowlcrowl

Trader

There is going to be so much cutting.

Matt7781 likes this.
  30. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Aspirant (262) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

I might finally try the OH line for the Fully Loaded. Super excited to wake up at 4am.

xmattxyzx likes this.
  31. crowlcrowlcrowl

Trader

Anyone know if there are bottles left?

32. The_Hangmans_Tallboy

The_Hangmans_Tallboy Initiate (63) Apr 27, 2017 New York

Is it wrong to be most excited for Taters, not the TDH DIPAs?

33. GothamJasper

GothamJasper Initiate (70) Mar 17, 2017 New York

Double or Triple Batch of any of the releases? Please say yes. :grinning:

HeyLady likes this.
  34. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Initiate (111) Jun 8, 2016 New York

I was pretty hyped about Like Woah, but my feeling is that OH's best beers aren't collabs (see: anniversary beers, ACE, DMD). I'm sure I'll grab cans if they last past the line, or a pour in the taproom, but not going nuts if I miss these.

elproducer, jrnyc and yossle like this.
  35. ONovoMexicano

ONovoMexicano Poo-Bah (2,831) Jun 14, 2012 New Mexico

Factor in also that with all of the IPAs they pump out, it's absurd to suggest there's a great difference in taste, feel, etc. from what they regularly pump out.

I am happy that because of it's regular release schedule, DDH DMD appears to be passe to the nutcases that line up, by tekus and otherwise overwhelm OH and thus is easy to pick up hours or even days after release.

RobNewton, Brian_Lynch, jrnyc and 4 others like this.
  36. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (178) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Rumor is they will be handinh out wristbands to counter line cutters

jchyon, elproducer, RobNewton and 2 others like this.
  37. tun

tun Initiate (191) Jun 8, 2012 New York

I'll just be content with looking at Lorenzo the Beer Cat's 2x full allocation haul on instagram.

38. Skartski

Becareful he may block you on Instagram

39. state08

state08 Initiate (79) Feb 4, 2016 New Jersey

That guy must be such a tool

ecpho, rozzom, Skartski and 2 others like this.
  40. Speluso

Speluso Initiate (31) Aug 15, 2016 New Jersey

So because some
    Can you count or just mezmorised a cat sitting next to a stack of beer ? When ever have you seen that account show more beer than what is personally allocated? Fact of the matter is when you get in line for hours after hours and week after week and spend the money on beer trades, they do not need to be called out on some BA forum by someone who cannot wake up and get in a line or open his wallet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.