OTWOA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by StoutItOutLoud, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoutItOutLoud

StoutItOutLoud Devotee (423) Apr 1, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Got to DC last night. I saw there was a new release on Saturday. Any locals know a good bottle shop with stock, or is it brewery only on Saturdays? Cheers!

2. dhartogs

dhartogs Disciple (362) Apr 29, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I am pretty sure it's brewery only, you might want to call and see if there is a way you can swing by and pick some up, let them know you are from out of town etc. Some places might have it on tap, perhaps Church Key? Their sister restaurant in Arlington had it on tap last night.

3. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Initiate (155) May 3, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

rustico in ballston and eatbar in clarendon both have it on tap right now.

4. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (321) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Got any beer in hand? I've got a couple 6 packs for grabs that aren't on the move yet.

5. StoutItOutLoud

StoutItOutLoud Devotee (423) Apr 1, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Picked up a sixer earlier today - thanks guys

6. rhefter

rhefter Initiate (151) Nov 10, 2009 Virginia

The guys are really cool at DC Brau, if they are working and not to busy you can usually stop by and buy whatever cans you want. Like the fellow above me stated, just call first.

7. RKP

RKP Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2009 Virginia

Wait a minute, you're telling me that if you drive to their brewery and let them know you're coming, the brewery will sell you beer?

Wow! They are really cool!

8. skinsfan

skinsfan Zealot (583) May 24, 2005 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I think the reason it was mentioned like that is because they technically only have hours to sell on Saturdays from noon till 5pm I believe. Have to call to make sure someone is there outside of those hours, otherwise you run the risk of showing up on a Tuesday afternoon and no one is there to sell you anything at all.

9. RKP

RKP Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2009 Virginia

Yeah, I know. Forgive my snarkiness.

10. Blakeo

Blakeo Aspirant (207) Mar 15, 2012 Washington
    Beer Trader

You need to focus on Saturday. Stop reading threads. Harness your energy.

11. rhefter

rhefter Initiate (151) Nov 10, 2009 Virginia

Way to be a dick. They only advertise selling beer during their growler hours on Saturdays. Just letting the OP know there were other options to pick up some OTWOA.

ao125 likes this.
  12. ao125

ao125 Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2010 Virginia

This. It's not a brewpub and they don't have set hours during the week. So someone *may* be there that can work the register or it may just be the brewing staff - which is why a 30second call to make sure someone is there that can sell you beer is required. Either way, mid-week, the growler station is broken down, so they only do can sales on off-days.

13. Hanzo

Hanzo Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

So is OTWOA going to continue being brewery only or do they have plans to distribute?

14. skinsfan

skinsfan Zealot (583) May 24, 2005 Maryland
    Beer Trader

DC Brau NJ Distro

Scroll down the thread and you will see brandondcbrau's reply about various things, including:
    -OTWOA will continue to be brewery only for the foreseeable future.
    -We are currently out of OTWOA until late October.

15. FatSkippy

FatSkippy Initiate (27) Mar 21, 2005 District of Columbia

I might cry

skinsfan likes this.
  16. Evan

Evan Devotee (481) Mar 9, 2012 Maryland
    Beer Trader

None till the end of October is definitely a bummer. Passed up a growler at Magruder's last week because I was debating a drive down to the brewery on Saturday. I got there just after they sold out. :slight_frown:

17. ommegoodness

ommegoodness Initiate (170) Apr 21, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I am going to be down there in about 10 days and was going to ask my brother to seek some OTWOA for my visit. Is it close enough to the end of October to find some at the brewery?

18. ao125

ao125 Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2010 Virginia

There was a release at the brewery this past Saturday.
    Between Snallygaster and NoVA Fall Brewfest both happening on the same day that OTWOA came back out, I'm sure the brewery didn't get as slammed as it could have been.

19. beast464

beast464 Aspirant (203) Apr 6, 2008 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Anyone know if there will be another release close to Christmas? I have some family coming to town that want to try this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.