Outer Range Brewing (CO) in Mass this week

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by mrz200, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (124) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

picked up In the Steep and Blocks of Light at Andover Classic Wines yesterday morning. never saw Redstone post about them.

have heard of this brewery for a while, but have never tried due to getting out of the trading game.

In the Steep was the 'regular' IPA version (there's a DDH) of an all citra IPA. very well done from start to finish.

Blocks of Light was a DDH IPA with mosaic & citra, this was a pretty straightforward NE juicebomb. also well done, no abrasive heat.

Liked them alot, and would definitely keep my eyes out a pale ale or session from them.

but man I don't get the idea of extending to new england when you are crushing it locally. Toppling Goliath, Wicked Weed (pre-AmBev), Magnify, and the handful of Great Notion, Weldwerks & now Outer Range drops...I get that some of these are beer-fest related drops.

but I'm just a heavy drinker on a message board, what do I know!

2. ichorNet

ichorNet Poo-Bah (2,095) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society

My can of Blocks of Light was Galaxy/Mosaic. Just had and reviewed the other night. Pretty dang good. Will be keeping an eye out for their other stuff if it shows up. I have only had one Magnify beer (Perception is Reality) that's made it out to this area, and it was good but not something I'd revisit given the wealth of options. I do revisit some TG stuff now and again, though. I'm always down for more options, though, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.