1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Papier, Coton and Cuir cost / trade value?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by Andreias21, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Andreias21

Andreias21 Feb 3, 2011 Florida

Have been able to find a Fruet and Bois here in Florida and want to hunt down the first 3, don't see many trades out there so wondering the relative value of these items, both in trade and in dollar amount?

2. Graviz

Graviz Feb 26, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

They were all around $30-$35 from what I saw here.

3. JulianC

JulianC Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Papier is really hard to find. Coton and Cuir are still floating around... there are 100% BA versions of all 3, so you have to decide how complete you want your collection.

I decided Papier wasn't worth it, from what people are saying it's long gone and not worth it anymore. Want to drink my Coton soon too as it's likely on the edge.

4. thedirtyname

thedirtyname Dec 7, 2012 California

Papier is definitely hard to find now. I snagged one, but ended up going Rye+Wine+Stainless Only Voids and a WWBV for it. I did go a bit over board on my offer, but really wanted to finish up my vertical for the normal bruery anniversary beers.

I've still seen Cuir and Coton on shelves out here, not all that recently though. The Bruery does tend to put the older anniversary ales, except for Papier, on sale for their 12 days of Xmas sale and their month long anniversary sale in May. May want to try to trade for them around either of those two sales.

5. Lasering

Lasering Mar 19, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

I can tell you where to find cuir near me. But it is 40.

6. F2brewers

F2brewers Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Moderator Fest Crew Subscriber Beer Trader

Papier (standard) was $18.99 here in MA. I know because I scraped the tag off the bottle that I traded last week. Incidentally, Coton and Cuir were also involved in that trade (Coton was $21...not sure of Cuir cost since I got it through Bruery Reserve Society. Weird how the timing of that played out with this question.

As for value, I couldn't tell you. $ costs never came up in the discussions. Suffice to say SARA bottles were involved from the other side. We were both very satisfied.

Lasering likes this.
  7. vurt

vurt Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Papier had 3 BA variations: Bourbon, Rye, and Brandy. Those will be tough to land. Less than 300 bottles of each, and you could only buy a single bottle of each variation.

8. gregoryG

gregoryG Sep 8, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I have cuir & coton, BA and regular versions. BM me if anyone is interested in trades

9. Lane1

Lane1 Jan 10, 2011 California

I was fortunate enough to land the BA Papier sets to complete the collection, but it took me an absurd amount to land....cash included at a silent auction. Opening them on the 26th, so I'm hoping they taste good haha. Me and my buddies did it more for the fact of completing the set to taste. Coton and Cuir are still very tradable....just may take a little but to get.

10. CurtisMcArthur

CurtisMcArthur Dec 31, 2009 Tennessee

I opened my reg Papier at a tasting about 2 months back and was not impressed.......I wouldn't give up much for one if I were you......

11. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Those anniversary blends seem to have a 2 year window of awesome sauce-ness. Aged a year is cherry. After which they're downhill.

12. JulianC

JulianC Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I think they're getting sturdier as they go on. At least I would hope. Fruet and Bois seem to advertise that they will age for "decades"

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe