Parabola in Pittsburgh this weekend?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by cw577enfield, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cw577enfield

cw577enfield Disciple (320) Mar 3, 2013 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Hiya!

My wife and I will be taking a trip up to Pittsburgh this weekend and wonder if Parabola will hit any stores this weekend? Also, can someone give recommendations for great craft stores around P-town?

Thanks!

2. riemster

riemster Devotee (458) Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I believe Pittsburgh gets no Firestone Walker. Only the Philly area receives limited distribution from FW, Deschutes, RR, etc. I live in Ohio, so feel free to prove me wrong.

3. cw577enfield

cw577enfield Disciple (320) Mar 3, 2013 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Bummer! Thought Pittsburgh gets Firestone Walker based on seekabrew.com

4. OneDropSoup

OneDropSoup Meyvn (1,048) Dec 9, 2008 Pennsylvania

A few places carry FW, but no Parabola to speak of.

5. riemster

riemster Devotee (458) Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

If seekabrew lists limited distribution in PA, then it's generally for Philly. In other words, limited releases seem to be only in Philly. I might be wrong, but that's what I found out when calling about Parabola/Sucaba this year.

6. jlflorance

jlflorance Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2012 Pennsylvania

I still have some 2012 Parabola if you want to stop by my house when you come to Pittsburgh.

7. HumphreyLee

HumphreyLee Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2011 Pennsylvania

Yeah, the only Firestone Walker that comes through the city is at House of 1000 Beers. It'll be expensive if it's there but the shop is great in general so you may as well stop by there anyway.

8. OneDropSoup

OneDropSoup Meyvn (1,048) Dec 9, 2008 Pennsylvania

D's gets some, too, but it's even pricier. And The House doesn't have Parabola.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.