Peaches & Creme

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by HopHeadHerman, Aug 22, 2012.

1. HopHeadHerman

HopHeadHerman Feb 9, 2009 Michigan

I know Key Lime Pie has just recently been released, but I figured I'd let you all know now that Peaches & Creme was bottled today. I'm going to guess that it will not be in stores for at least another week, but please be on the lookout if desired.

In what is being considered one of the year's most highly anticipated Short's specialty 6pk bottle releases, Peaches & Creme has not been brewed or bottled since 2007 and was one of the most highly regarded beers from our Imperial Beer Series (750ml).

Described as a high gravity golden ale fermented with lactose and fresh peaches, Joe Short used this eloquent bi-line to describe the beer's flavor profile: "Cream softness fused with the delicacy of prunus persica"

Cheers!

[​IMG]

2. semibaked

semibaked Mar 27, 2007 Kentucky

Seriously ISO of this one. Never had the 07 batch.

3. steebo777

steebo777 Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Thanks for the info, I am extremely excited for this one. I saved a bottle of the Imperial Peaches & Cream just to do a side by side.

HopHeadHerman likes this.
  4. northernbrews

northernbrews Apr 12, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I can't wait for it! ;)

5. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

This is one I will have to go out of my way for. Short's Cake and Key Lime are interesting to try, but not something I can regularly drink. I have a feeling I would enjoy many of these.

6. loki993

loki993 Apr 16, 2009 Michigan

So this is much bigger then Shorts Cake and Key Lime right? It sounds very interesting

If I have the money I may have to blind buy a case of this if I can fond someone that will sell it to me. Ive beenw wating for this. Hopefully I can find one after the 1st.

7. Bay01

Bay01 Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

Text sent to mules family members in Michigan

Skye1024 likes this.
  8. Corbet

Corbet Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

How many cases are you guys distributing? How many cases of Shorts Cake and Key Lime Pie were distributed?

Definitely gonna get a case if possible.

szmnnl99 likes this.
  9. HopHeadHerman

About 500 cases

szmnnl99 likes this.
  10. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Is that about the same as Shorts Cake and KLPie?

Edit: I saw in the other thread that KLPie was about 500 cases.

11. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Who at Short's sold their soul to the devil to make such good and innovative beers?

Hope I find some on Labor Day weekend in the SW corner of the state at my usual haunts.

12. mike409

mike409 Jan 25, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Is this available at shorts yet?

13. Corbet

Corbet Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Yes

14. cadizkyguy

cadizkyguy Mar 17, 2008 Kentucky

Headed north labor day weekend... do you think Barney's in new Buffalo will have it by the 2nd?

15. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Dec 16, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

So, to clarify, is it going to be the 750ml bottles again or are these going to be 12oz six packs like the Key Lime and Short's Cake?

EDIT: Jesus, I need to learn how to read.

16. HopHeadHerman

Hopefully!

17. HopHeadHerman

This should be the week--Good luck folks!

18. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Jul 15, 2011 Michigan

Can't wait to try this one.

19. mbockstruck30

Beer Trader

do you happen to know the closest shop to Chicago that would get this (or other Short's brews)? I've never really gone straight out of my way to buy Short's (usually just pick up whatever I find when I'm heading through MI). but I think I'm going to start making some exceptions. doing a tasting Sunday and would love to have some of this for it.

20. steebo777

Got a few sixers and a growler share of this. Absolutely incredible, very well done! Let it warm up a bit for best taste IMO.

bierenutz likes this.
  21. Bay01

Bay01 Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

Closest will be New Buffalo Pharmacy or Acorn Theater in Three Oaks. You could also stop by Greenbush on the way.

cfrances33 likes this.
  22. JohnB87

JohnB87 Mar 14, 2011 Michigan

Don't you know you're not allowed to hype stuff up before I get my hands on some?

23. steebo777

Oh.... uh... yeah... I was referring to Bud Lime-a-rita. Let it warm up and it tastes delic.... actually it tastes like donkey piss.

24. drgarage

drgarage Aug 19, 2008 California

What's the best bet in Ann Arbor?

25. mbockstruck30

Beer Trader

awesome, thanks!

26. TheNoodleIncident

TheNoodleIncident Apr 30, 2012 New York

What's the distribution on this? MI only?

27. steebo777

All Short's brews are Michigan only.

28. JohnB87

JohnB87 Mar 14, 2011 Michigan

Anybody have any tips on where to find this is metro Detroit? I called .ml in Birmingham and they said it sold out over two weeks ago.

29. steebo777

It was just bottled last week. They're thinking Key Lime Pie.

30. Zaphog

Zaphog Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I'll be at Short's/Bellaire Labor Day weekend. I'll be staying there from Friday until Sunday. Would anyone like to meet up for a beer?

31. Mjmoser

Mjmoser May 6, 2012 Illinois

Just called NB Pharmacy and no dice. Was this confirmed or hoped? Would love to try it this weekend.

32. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Subscriber

I think this beer is a relatively small release so I'd be surprised if either place in New Buffalo will get any; but you never know. Liquor Cabinet in St. Joe get some good comments on this site but I've never been there to comment with any knowledge, but that may be your next closest choice. I really don't think very many places have received any yet because it was just hitting shelves beginning today. No one has reported any yet in Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids.

33. semibaked

semibaked Mar 27, 2007 Kentucky

Lol Lime-a-rita, we can't keep that stuff in stock steebo! Also can't wait to try some Peaches and Cream, hopefully a friend can score some when he is in Michigan.

34. Payne

Payne Mar 1, 2012 Illinois

If anyone sees this in the Novi area, please post location so I can send a friend to pick some up for me! Thanks for your help!

35. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Dec 16, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I've got some calls in to various shops in GR, one in particular that I know is pretty solid for getting limited Short's brews. I'm either getting a call hopefully today or Friday (that's when they get their shipments) letting me know that my six pack is waiting. :)

36. HopHeadHerman

Bud & Elsie's & Barney's are good bets in New Buffalo

37. Wseitz

Wseitz Apr 25, 2010 Illinois

Will there be any of this (or anything else special) floating around Traverse City this weekend? Heading up to my golf club on Friday for the weekend.

38. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

If you do, please let me know. my GF and sisters are going up there for a bachelorette party, nonetheless mules. (and i won't horde, a sixer or two will suffice)

39. steebo777

Short's is only 45min away from TC.

40. Dcv

Dcv Nov 12, 2009 Michigan

Drake's in Kalamazoo only had one six pack and some singles left after I got my six pack. I don't know how much other stores in the area got delivered today.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!