Pegs Cantina ?

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by smokinoak, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinoak

smokinoak Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Florida

The wife and I are going over to St. Pete to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Morean Arts Center.I was wondering how close Pegs is or are there other options?It seems from our map that they are both on the same island but just want to know how far apart they are.Thanks, Mike

2. smokinoak

smokinoak Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Florida

Using Map Quest I now see that they are actually about 5 miles apart.

3. zekeman17

zekeman17 Defender (688) Feb 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

And well worth the trip

4. jloomis

jloomis Disciple (325) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Pegs is not that far from downtown St. Pete and as stated above it is WELL worth the trip. The Ale and the Witch is a great bar within walking distance from the museum and worth a visit, but as mentioned Pegs is a definite must stop if you are from out of town, can't go wrong with their Dancing Cody.

robinsmv likes this.
  5. Shaw

Shaw Meyvn (1,350) Aug 27, 2003 Florida

Make sure you check out Peg's. A place that's not just for beer geeks. My wife and mother-in-law, neither of whom drink -- have a good time there. FYI: It was cash-only the last time I was there, but they will take a check and they have an ATM on site.

6. jloomis

jloomis Disciple (325) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

Pegs takes cards now.

And I second what Shaw said about it being a place even non-beer geeks will like I have known several people to go who are not that into beer and they have had a great time (chocolate cake flan is awesome!)

7. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2010 Florida

Pegs does take cards now,but I believe they actually give a cash discount so bringing some cash is a good idea

The ale and the witch is awesome. No food, but they have a good list of places that will deliver

Shaw likes this.
  8. hoppy99

hoppy99 Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2009 Florida

Peg's = the greatest place in all of the land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.