Phase Three Brewing (2020)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Gambyt20, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Champion (842) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

GuyFawkes likes this.
  2. Vitamin_Hop

Vitamin_Hop Initiate (137) Mar 26, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Any news on the next curvature or pressed?

3. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Disciple (360) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I don’t think they’ve posted a stout brewing photo since before the last batch. There’s an Ambassadors Curvature coming in February so I don’t know if that rules out a public one before then or not

4. galos11

galos11 Initiate (179) Jan 21, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I heard strawberry orange Chantilly is coming soon

Nbrock24 likes this.
  5. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (71) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Last information I saw about this was February would be public and the ambassador exclusive will be in March.

Nbrock24 likes this.
  6. Nbrock24

Trader

“Plan to see your first Barrel-Aged Ambassador exclusive release in March or April and the first non BA Curvature release in February. Pre-Sale rights for select public releases will start in January 2020”

I think you’re right about this. I had remembered it as the Curvature being the one promised exclusive Curvature but that doesn’t really match what was written.

7. croush

croush Crusader (760) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Shaun posted info yesterday in the FB group about the next releases. Next non-BA Curvature, which will be available to the public, will be in first week of February if all goes well (Ambassadors to get first dibs on it).

Non-BA Curvature that is Ambassador-exclusive is planned for the first weekend in March. He currently has a poll open in the FB group to see what adjuncts people want for that one.

First BA Curvature release is expected in early April.

Nbrock24 likes this.
  8. Nbrock24

Trader

Thanks for the info. I may need to break down and get back on Facebook

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  9. cmjohst

cmjohst Initiate (66) Dec 19, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

I’m a really big fan of his engagement with the members so far. Setting options for the non BA exclusive is a cool touch, and it definitely feels like he’s invested in the program.

Also, he foreshadowed in his comments both a maple stout and a coconut Neapolitan collab with Horus to come.

10. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (4,398) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

I'm not joining facebook, so I guess I'll be the last to know about this stuff...feel free to post here, fellow Ambassadors!!

11. Gambyt20

Trader

Same never joined FB and not going to start. Will have to get news from fellow Ambassadors as well. Looking like the Curvature adjunct poll has S'more in the lead. S'more Luv from RAM days was such a great beer, yay!

Nbrock24 and GuyFawkes like this.
  12. JLA1221

JLA1221 Initiate (192) Oct 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Speaking of RAM would like to see CoCo-Nilla again someday if he's ever so inclined. Really enjoyed that beer.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  13. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Meyvn (1,192) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Did they say anything (or has anyone heard) about production/capacity? If it's similar as before but now 400-500 are going to members before retail gets its allotment, it sounds like getting non-BA Curvature beers will be significantly harder for us social media slowpokes. If the ambassador thing was opened up to coincide with more capacity at LZB, then that's not the case.

Edited to reflect @Nbrock24 post on #'s

GuyFawkes and Nbrock24 like this.
  14. Nbrock24

Trader

I just signed back into Facebook :slight_frown: The group has 434 members. I’m guessing that puts the membership total at around 500.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  15. Vitamin_Hop

Trader

Has anyone asked in the fb group what the final count of members are?

16. croush

Trader

He didn't say anything specifically about production or capacity, but did mention that the public non-BA Curvature will be "larger". I had taken that to mean that it will be larger than the Ambassador-only non-BA Curvature...whether that means it will be the same as the prior non-BA Curvature releases, though, we will have to wait and see.

I wonder if it won't impact the public's availability too much because nearly all these Ambassador members would've been waiting for a bottle as well, but now don't have to. I'm making up numbers here, but now instead of having 2000 people lining up for all 2000 non-BA bottles, you will have 1500 people lining up for 1500 bottles (i.e. you just remove the 500 Ambassador members because they have their bottles already). That is obviously simplifying it, as there are other factors, such as those Ambassadors that may desire more than their allotted bottle and line up anyway (that will not be me).

GuyFawkes likes this.
  17. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Initiate (111) Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Unless the pick up for ambassadors and the public release are at the same time, I’m sure there will still be a percentage of amabassadors that try and get a second bottle

stevegoz and Chuckdiesel24 like this.
  18. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (71) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Ambassadors have a two week pick-up window

19. croush

Trader

Yeah, that's why I said "there are other factors, such as those Ambassadors that may desire more than their allotted bottle and line up anyway". I like to think that will be a small percentage, but I should probably know better than that.

FleskBrewFan and GuyFawkes like this.
  20. sahd-1

sahd-1 Disciple (337) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

As refined and noble as I’m sure most of you Ambassadors are, I’m also confident a few lords of shit have joined your ranks.

21. HarbaughsGrit

HarbaughsGrit Initiate (50) Sep 9, 2017 Michigan

100%. Especially being in Illinois and all.. High correlation between LoS and FIBs

22. sahd-1

sahd-1 Disciple (337) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I’d feel more attacked if this weren’t so true...

HarbaughsGrit likes this.
  23. flat_lander

flat_lander Defender (621) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

It's this level of comedy gold that keeps me coming back to this website. Mostly.

I'm a little bummed I wasn't quick enough on the draw to reach Ambassador status, but I'm pretty sure that feeling will pass when I don't have to make a drive up to LZ in some blizzard in Feb.

24. Chuckdiesel24

Trader

You should know better than that.

PhilBallins likes this.
  25. croush

Trader

There probably is quite a high correlation and overlap between the groups of people that have set up real time notifications from breweries like P3 and those that hunt down as many bottles as possible for resale. I guess I was still in a jovial, uplifting holiday spirit when I responded before.

It'll be a huge shitshow now that Ambassadors get so many bottles.

26. Chuckdiesel24

Trader

Not necessarily even for resale. Some may just want another bottle. Either way, likely leaves me out in the cold (figuratively) but warm in my home (literally).

GuyFawkes, kbergen28 and FleskBrewFan like this.
  27. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Aspirant (224) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

*read comment*
    *looks up*
    *Harbaugh avatar*
    :joy::joy::joy:

28. Nbrock24

Trader

Sounds like Strawberry Orange Chantilly is coming up (based on a tap list at the Beer Cellar for an event). Color me excited

GuyFawkes likes this.
  29. galos11

galos11 Initiate (179) Jan 21, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Yes.

30. Nbrock24

Trader

What types of public release reservations/pre-pays are we expecting?

-Just Curvatures
    -Curvatures plus Pressed
    -Any and all can releases

Has this been addressed in the Facebook group? The sign up said it was at discretion which is intentionally open ended

31. stevegoz

stevegoz Aspirant (293) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Seems logical enough that it would just be for Curvature and any similar limited release (whereby limited = select few stores receive the product). Beyond that they'd need to carve out a 0.5 FTE role to deal with the ambassadors....

Nbrock24 and bread_c like this.
  32. TheMiddleTeton

TheMiddleTeton Initiate (49) Aug 10, 2017 Illinois

Is 100% of BA Curvature only going to be available to ambassadors? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

33. Nbrock24

Trader

I believe the answer is yes outside of what you may see at a taproom, festival, etc.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  34. Gambyt20

Trader

2 new cans

Unchecked Imagination - 7.8% DIPA with Pacific Northwest Citra and New Zealand Motueka hops. Big zesty lime and citrus notes with a juicy punch from the citra.
    Pixel Density - our brand new 6.5% ABV, 100% Citra hopped IPA. Built for drinkability. Less sweet and more hoppy than most of our other hazy offerings. This one’s all about Citra’s orange and passionfruit flavors.

35. SeanBond

SeanBond Meyvn (1,081) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

"Less sweet and more hoppy than most of our other hazy offerings." - Should be music to a lot of people's ears.

BuffaloBill12, eppie82 and GuyFawkes like this.
  36. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Zealot (599) Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7EjI1sp15T/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

GuyFawkes likes this.
  37. Vitamin_Hop

Trader

Dude, they’re back at it!

GuyFawkes likes this.
  38. hobojungle

hobojungle Initiate (91) Sep 7, 2016 Illinois

amen

Bbear and SeanBond like this.
  39. CityofWind_brew

CityofWind_brew Devotee (409) Jan 15, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Pixel is very good, classic citra haze. However, it does have a bit of that abrasive hop burn on the way down

GuyFawkes likes this.
  40. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (4,398) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

Loving Pixel. It has a nice balance of citrus and some dryer, grass-y notes. No pine for you west coast heads, just sayin'.

Perhaps a bit green, as @CityofWind_brew may be alluding to, but it's one of their better IPA's IMO.

CityofWind_brew and Nbrock24 like this.