Pittsburgh - New Beers & Local Breweries

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by brewgentlemen, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preluderl

Preluderl Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

The church, man. The church. I parked there last night, was in and out in less than five minutes.

2. barflybastard

barflybastard Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

You shouldn't need anyone to tell you that Guy Fieri is extremely offensive in nearly all social situations.

That's a good over/under. I'll take over...but just slightly.

3. psbhockey12

psbhockey12 Apr 2, 2013 Pennsylvania

I saw that too. He then commented how upset he was that he missed a full allotment and no one even offered him an apology. Haha entitled much?

4. digdug1810

digdug1810 Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey

geez.. sorrry you missed one bottle.. here are 11 others.. happy now you know? people are crazy sometimes. They could have made the partial allotments truly half if they wanted to i'm sure they would have sold that out too

oldmetalguy likes this.
  5. barflybastard

Unless that dude left Buffalo at 4PM yesterday, drove reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy slowly and avoided all social media on his trip down here, it should not have been a surprise that the fulls were gone.

6. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

I have an idea for a new Roundabout beer (yes they still exist)...Gui Fieri, their Gui barrel aged with local peppers. Also the barrel has flames painted on it.

7. kbuzz

kbuzz Jan 22, 2011 North Carolina

You had me up until the barrel art part...no one will ever see that shit, it's a waste of fucking time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Preluderl likes this.
  8. wyckyd_sceptre

Hold on. Idea. Single barrel batches. ISO: voodoo black Magick in "you don't mess with the Devils" barrels

kbuzz likes this.
  9. wyckyd_sceptre

Or the "Ovaltine" barrels weren't as gold as the "Round-tine" barrels.

PSU_Mike and AnotherPint4Ole like this.
  10. Preluderl

Trader

Can the beer be called "Risk Management"?

PSU_Mike likes this.
  11. tommyguz

tommyguz May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

If I had FO I'd do it

12. tommyguz

Trader

Samsonite.

13. nhindian

nhindian Feb 26, 2010 Pennsylvania

That sounds like a one-way ticket to Flavortown! I'm in!

kbuzz, RyanMcFly1985 and Matthouse3 like this.
  14. nhindian

nhindian Feb 26, 2010 Pennsylvania

Whatchamacall-it Rye

15. Matthouse3

Matthouse3 Jun 29, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Guy Fieri is the pinnacle of awesomeness. Did you not see the ep of Triple D where he visited Kid Rock's "Microbrewery"? Heard they make a killer light american lager. Super micro and Super clarity bruh.

RobertD and kbuzz like this.
  16. tommyguz

Trader

The cupcake list is ready. I will post it at some point....they are top notch this time around, though I am a little biased. I think though instead of giving away the cupcakes I am going to set up a little table and trade them for beers......

ISO: Don Q? NE Hops? Something on that level?

I might as well, he never wants to meet up with me to get his bottles, thinks that means I should use them

Devman171, mps, Steve_Oldrati and 5 others like this.
  17. tommyguz

Trader

I just want to know who that is. I love his pictures.

18. barflybastard

Guy Fieri and Kid Rock are both things to which I'm highly allergic. Add county music or Paula Deen and someone better have an EpiPen handy. If they made a beer is probably tasted like Bald Eagle tears.

TarHeelPanther, Matthouse3 and kbuzz like this.
  19. STG228

STG228 Feb 16, 2010 Pennsylvania

To be honest I was there and Meadville had no more than a few people in line at a time. You got your number, sat down, had a beer, and they called your number to sign up. But I think maybe 50-60 sold in Meadville? Pure guess. Definitely crazier in Homestead.

kbuzz likes this.
  20. tommyguz

Trader

I drove by to go to the Post Office at like 1:30 and there were a couple Ohio cars sitting waiting.

21. stakem

stakem Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

30 more pages in this thread since I last opened it. I anticipated seeing the last 5 pages be about the voodoo release but instead its Guy Fieri and @tommyguz pimping dem delicious cupcakes. I see he also learned to multi-quote posts. Amazing.

This will be the first barrel room collection release partay that I will miss out on and im pretty tore up about it. Cant really pick which im more upset about missing out on: the folks I look forward to seeing at these releases, the drafts that will be pouring, the beer cupcakes or that damn breakfast pizza that was MIA last release.

22. london1o1

london1o1 Feb 14, 2003 Pennsylvania

Should feel great. Rising tides and reasons to go to N side and all that.

23. london1o1

london1o1 Feb 14, 2003 Pennsylvania

This is a joke right?

tacosandbeer likes this.
  24. Preluderl

Trader

25. sposter4

sposter4 Mar 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

50 allotments left! !!

26. jeevo

jeevo Nov 1, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

barflybastard likes this.
  27. HunterPGH

HunterPGH Nov 4, 2014 Pennsylvania

Italian Village Pizza usually has a good craft selection in a pinch and seem to always have the latest DFH releases. Maybe that has something to do with it? Wish I could have made it down there to meet him.

OneDropSoup likes this.
  28. jeevo

Trader

Really? The only locations I know of are in Brentwood, Baldwin, and Century III Mall, and all are pretty dirty grungy places with no alcohol whatsoever. That's why I was surprised, but I guess there are nicer locations in Pittsburgh.

That said, I probably enjoy their pizza more than any other chain in this city.

29. sbb32

sbb32 Jan 5, 2015 Florida

Hough's has a Troegs takeover. An over-instagrammed-filtered pic on Facebook shows a bunch of scratch series

[​IMG]

30. sbb32

sbb32 Jan 5, 2015 Florida

barflybastard likes this.
  31. HunterPGH

Yeah... That looks lovely. I guess I have plans for tomorrow.

Not much love for Apples and Pears but I enjoyed it. Hazy as hell and in the right snifter it actually passes as a pear

sbb32 likes this.
  32. HunterPGH

Mineos Deep Dish is still up there for me

33. AnotherPint4Ole

AnotherPint4Ole Jul 19, 2014 Pennsylvania

Just left Homestead and there were about 20 allotments left.

tommyguz and Crisb184 like this.
  34. jeevo

Trader

Yeah, Mineo's is awesome, but I don't lump it into the chain category like I do with Italian Village, which seem to be on every block.

35. tommyguz

Trader

What til I text you the cupcake list.....you might make it work

36. wyckyd_sceptre

Was at Italian Village earlier. It was awesome. Very cheap pints, ordered 3 rounds of Romantic Chemsitry and Beer to Drink Music To and it was $6.56 each time.

And yes, they are the 2nd best Dogfish account in the city, which is why all the hubbub. Again proof that us beer goofs don't know anything.

But their pizza is no better or worse than any other pizza place in the city, Mineo's included. All pretty shitty.

37. mikebezek

mikebezek Apr 16, 2015 Pennsylvania

3 left at Homestead.

AnotherPint4Ole likes this.
  38. tommyguz

Trader

Wow. Only 30 minutes to go and 3 left....do the final 3 last until tomorrow!?!?!?!! Dun Dun Dun.

Not bad though how many total allotments sold out in 10 hours (Meadville) / 12 hours (Homestead)

oldmetalguy likes this.
  39. oldmetalguy

oldmetalguy Dec 25, 2015 Pennsylvania

lots of disposable (drinkable) income out there!

40. OneDropSoup

OneDropSoup Dec 9, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Yup. Loyalty pays. Little "tertiary" places like this don't get Alpine, Alesmith, or Jack's Abby so much when they roll into town, but then their years of consistently buying Dogfish Head come under consideration when promotional events like this come around. Good for them! Having Sam show up at a strip mall pizza joint is a sign of craft beer's viability & longevity, if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.