Plead the 5th in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by sisterthelonious, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sisterthelonious

sisterthelonious Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2013 Wisconsin

Discount just posted that they rec'd their shipment. Anyone else see/hear of any other shops getting some in? Ideally Otto's, since they're closest to home.

2. Tiburon

Tiburon Aspirant (214) Sep 29, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

I picked up two single's at Timer's in Racine on Sun. There were about 6 bottles left on the shelf. It was a tasty little brew...

3. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

Wondering about this too, last year I only knew of Downer getting any and it was a real small amount apparently. Love this beer and would love a full 4pk of it.

4. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

it hit the MSN area today so everyone should be seeing it in the next day or 2. Got a 4pack on the way home

5. atone315

atone315 Champion (899) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

It wasn't that hard to find last year...knowing the guys at Downer they probably sold 1 case and put the rest in the basement. I saw it for a few months and picked up a few 4 pks here and there.

6. xsists

xsists Initiate (153) Dec 31, 2007 Wisconsin

FYI, Discount is at a 1 bottle limit @ $3.99 a bottle. Looks like Waukesha is only putting one out at a time so if you don't see it, just ask.

7. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Zealot (539) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Bought my case today :wink:

8. stayclean

Damn, never saw it anywhere else on the east side and they only sold me two singles.

9. Benish

Benish Meyvn (1,159) Mar 13, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Was wondering when this may hit Madison. I never realized liquor stores placed a bottle limit on this!

10. Westuh

Westuh Aspirant (271) Oct 9, 2012 Wisconsin

We didn't get any last year that I recall..... Not sure yet if it will show up, not banking on it. (Oakland Ave.)

11. wiscohophead

wiscohophead Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2014 Wisconsin

I've had a real hard time getting anything other than ordinary beer from Downers. Which kind of sucks- we've taken bottles of beer in for the guys, too.

None at Ray's yet, but I'll be they land a few cases eventually.

12. atone315

Yeah, I stopped going there awhile ago because you are judged on your worthiness and then granted beer from the basement. Apparently I wasn't beer nerd-ish enough, and I lacked tits (well, the beautiful womanly ones at least) because I didn't get shit when I stopped by there, and that was on a weekly basis.

cu29, ncketchum and stayclean like this.
  13. stayclean

Same here, used to go in quite a lot since only the stores on the east side are all accessible to me, and eventually just had worse and worse experiences there. I don't expect preferential treatment or anything at all for being a regular (or semi-regular I suppose), but I would ask about stuff that wasn't ~shelf whalez~ and get told they are out.... only to hear later of people I know getting what I wanted from the store, ha.

14. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (3,034) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

No limits on my little shop in Sun Prairie. :slight_smile: It's not in yet, maybe next week.

15. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

In Stoughton last night :slight_smile:

16. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,741) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

When it first hit shelves in Madison, it must have been a small shipment as it was all gone quickly. But a couple weeks later, places like Woodman's had it sitting on the shelf for what felt like a month. I'm not too worried about finding this whenever it comes out.

atone315 likes this.
  17. Ri0

Society

Picked up two 4pks tonight.

18. stayclean

Wish I could do that in Milwaukee, per thread title. :stuck_out_tongue: :angry:

19. nickapalooza86

nickapalooza86 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

Quick thread steal, Is this really worth the effort? I know Founder Imperial stout is the only non barrel aged stout I have found to this day that are worth the effort to me. How does this compare? Frankly most Imperial Stouts I just end up saying why didn't I have a Old Rasputin instead????

20. Ri0

Society

It is similar to FIS and you may find it not as good or slightly better. If you have plenty of FIS, no need to hunt this down. It's pretty easy for me to get in Madison. :wink:

21. xsists

xsists Initiate (153) Dec 31, 2007 Wisconsin

FYI, just picked up a 4 pack at Woodmans. $11.99 for the 4pk and no limit. This was in Waukesha, two cases left.

22. Meta4s

Meta4s Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2012 Wisconsin

I actually like plead better than FIS. Although both great beers, I prefer plead. I have a couple 4 packs and would be willing to give you one to try if you're in the area. I work in greendale so if you're interested just let me know.

23. nickapalooza86

nickapalooza86 Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

I am in the La Crosse area, thanks for the offer though!, that is why I love this community! I went looking for it today and could not find any... I am hoping soon...

Thank you for the offer!

24. stayclean

I'm assuming they are probably sold out now? I have a friend who lives close to there and if they could pick me up some that'd be great..

25. atone315

Give 'em a call...most Woodman's are pretty friendly and will check stock for you.

26. Hendrick24

Hendrick24 Defender (666) Sep 6, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Over a case left as of 5 minutes ago. It's behind the checkout counter to the right so is easy to miss.

stayclean likes this.
  27. stayclean

Awesome, thanks, hopefully they can swing by tomorrow.

28. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Zealot (539) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Better than a fresh founder's Imperial Stout. Aged a year, they're on the same level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.