Portlad area Whale share

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Bobbyk503, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbyk503

Bobbyk503 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Oregon

BA's,
    Im looking to host a, what i would call Mega whale bottle share sometime in the next 6 weeks,time and date TBD. First off i would like to say, i dont normally like to exclude others from joining a bottle share because i love the comradary beer peole have, that being said this share is for the biggest and the best (bottles)!

At this point there are 2 bottles confirmed, Derivation b2 and 2015 BVBDL. I hope this sets the tone what im looking for and i will post a list at the end, although there will probably be things i may leave out so feel free to mesage me if you think something you have should join the party. I would prefer to keep it to a crowd of no more than 12 people, and ask there are no +1's unless you bring 2 bottles to keep the crowd down. Please feel free to message me, i would love to make sure this share is epic and that all involved have a fantastic time, and have one of the best beer nights they have ever had.

Cheers,
    Robert R

Listed of beers of interest but not limited to....
    Assasin
    Sr-71
    Morning Delight
    Ba abraxas
    Ba sump
    Kbbs (obviously) please!!!!!!
    BC rare
    BCVS 10'
    Any seasons
    Broken truck
    Blaber or don quiote......
    The lily or degarde 3l
    Cd11 or 10
    Ann......
    Lost abbey CC or cck......
    DBH
    Westly
    Lente

You get the jist, let me know what i missed.......
    DM me!

2. w_klon

w_klon Initiate (79) Aug 1, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

3. w_klon

w_klon Initiate (79) Aug 1, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

Also, will there be pinwheels at this share?

4. Bobbyk503

Pinatas most likely

5. digita7693

digita7693 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Germany

You should do it after Brews for New Avenues, there is a TG lot up for auction with: KBBS, SR71, Assasin, and Morning Delight. Just need to win the auction and you have several of the beers you're looking for:wink:

anteater and vurt like this.
  6. Bobbyk503

Gauging interest, a good date for this share would be the day before the next degarde bottle release. 8/28

7. Bobbyk503

8. ac24

ac24 Initiate (186) Nov 17, 2014 California

Ill be there if its the weekend of the de Garde quarterly release. Ill see what I have to bring.

9. digita7693

digita7693 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Germany

I arrive 8/28, just saying...

10. sugarcaneE

sugarcaneE Initiate (79) Apr 8, 2009 Oregon
    Trader

@w_klon Gots ta work. So much sad feels. If in Sept, can make it. If joining, will likely have a tree-liter 3-yr goozie blend of Mirror Pond. So much Wale, like Rack City Remix.

11. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2009 Oregon

This is obviously my own personal opinion, but if your maximum suggested size is 12 people, I think it'll be tough to get any takers for the smaller bottles. I know the last thing I'd want to do with a KBBS or the like is split it 12 ways. Also, what about stuff like Upright Sole Composition bottles? Many of them are sub 150 bottle counts and age phenomenally well. Or is this just a 'well known' whale share?

Kurmaraja and m4ttj0nes like this.
  12. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

That reminds me, I still have the set of Barleywine bottles from last year's BFNA auction. I really should find a time to crack them.

vurt likes this.
  13. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,315) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

Which reminds me I still need to open that Upright Jeux du Pomme from last year's BFNA auction.

maltmaster420 likes this.
  14. Bobbyk503

This share is now closed

15. Bobbyk503

Anyone interested in getting this going again! Had a great time last time, with some excellent beers and a great time was had. I think our venue was grasious last time and will most likely host again. Last share our beers were very stout driven, I would love to diversify this time and see if we can get some highly sought after Lambic and sour options in there as well. Date will stay open to suggestion till we get a better idea of what people are open too, but lets shoot for early april. I will leave a suggestion of bottles that would be good to bring but wont be limited too. I prefer we keep this to 6-8 people to a maximum so all bottles can be thoroughly enjoyed allowing the person who brough thier beer to have a decent pour rather that a 2oz taste. If you intend on bringing your +1, a second bottle of equal stature is appreciated. As stated before looking to stick to Max 8 people. Once again this is an open forum, please feel free to post or PM me. List below

Most likely already lined up.....
    2016 Barrel Aged Abraxas
    2015 Westly

Wish list:
    KBBS :astonished:
    Assassin
    A&T
    Cable Car
    BVDL
    Crianza
    Zenne
    B1 The Lily
    VR+Prop 13 or 14
    Older OGV 750's
    Blabaer ( no 2013 please )
    ABVMZ
    PVW Black magick
    Armand Seasons
    DBH
    VSB
    Derivation ( any )
    FdF
    Aanabis
    Ann
    Flora cuvee
    Aaron
    Art
    Pappy MC
    JD MC
    Vintage LP's series from Cantillon or the set
    CBS

You guys know im missing some here but please avoid asking about other rare small batch beers. I assume most people responding to this thread have traded and know aquiring some of these beers is quite hard and costly. If you were overly generous and could provide any of the below beers you would probably be in everyone who joins debt forever

CCK
    Izzy
    Blauw
    Millennium geuze
    M
    VB Assassin
    Don Q (lol)
    SHBRL

You get the idea:wink:

#15 Bobbyk503, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  16. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,027) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

What, Midnight Still not walezbro-ey enough?:wink:

17. TheRealDBCooper

TheRealDBCooper Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands

What is the venue being looked at? I live in the Couve so south Portland is out of my "wife pick me up" range. I do have a bottle of Veritas 007 though that I would be happy to break open. (Also somewhat restricted on dates in early April, but if the stars align....) Also have some other vintage sours I would be happy to crack open instead depending on what is desired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.