Postimage spam links

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Todd, Sep 17, 2021.

1. officerbill

officerbill Champion (828) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Society could have the ease of direct upload while others could still post images, but would have to use a 3rd party host. Everyone can still post pics, it's just a matter of convenience.

SLeffler27 likes this.
  2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,879) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society

But I wonder, sometimes, why there are so many visitors vs members. It's been like that forever. Maybe having the direct load for everyone could entice people to join..

SLeffler27 likes this.
  3. SLeffler27

SLeffler27 Poo-Bah (2,595) Feb 24, 2008 New York
    Society Trader

True, however the paywall might push many away from the site, if they lose access to features like image posting.

Pay-for-perks can entice more Society members, without to much cost to the site, while allowing others to still participate.

officerbill likes this.
  4. officerbill

officerbill Champion (828) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

I agree with you, that's why my suggestion was direct upload as a perk for members, but still allow non-members to post pics via a 3rd party site.
    Everyone can still put up images, but members pay for a more streamlined process.

SLeffler27 and Bitterbill like this.
  5. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,879) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society

Sorry. I just want to see BA grow and thrive even more than it does now. 19 years of being on this site compels me to say what I'm thinking...

Squire and SLeffler27 like this.
  6. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Defender (687) Mar 28, 2009 California

I concur. The 15 min time table is weird. Many times I’ve reread my post and want to change it, usually typos it is beer advocate after all, but can’t. I don’t see the benefit of not allowing edits after 15 minutes

7. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Defender (687) Mar 28, 2009 California

I use my phone exclusively to visit BA and probably 99% of all websites not work related. Otherwise, I use my work laptop. Post images is the easiest. Good news is I just used post images with no issues. I always use the hotline for forums. Not sure if the link matters. Yeah do remember a few times awhile ago posting an image and seeing some hyperlink text ad. But haven’t seen it for awhile.

8. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,621) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

I would like to see the site grow and thrive as well. I don't have a good suggestion as to how but the sheer number of visitors is encouraging.

Bitterbill likes this.