Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Prairie Ales

Discussion in 'South' started by drlovemd87, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drlovemd87

drlovemd87 Aug 6, 2009 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Hey guys,

I'm driving down from Denver, Colorado to Hot Springs, Arkansas and will be passing through Tulsa and eventually going up to Little Rock to visit some friends. Where is the best place to find Prairie Ales? I haven't lived in AR in 5 years, but the best shop I'd been to in LR was Colonial. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. BetterBeerPlz

BetterBeerPlz Sep 8, 2007 Arkansas

Colonial has a wide selection and a large quantity of the Prairie Artisan Ales. I was just there last week. Prairie Hop is awesome.

3. drlovemd87

Beer Trader

Prairie ales has limited distribution here in Colorado now, but I'm looking for the newer stuff and hopefully some Noir. Arkysaw doesnt still have BCBS hanging around do they? What about stuff from Schlafly?

4. BetterBeerPlz

BetterBeerPlz Sep 8, 2007 Arkansas

They have the Noir at Colonial. BCBS is probably all gone by now. Schlafly is here too.

5. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Feb 4, 2009 Oklahoma

I'd buy it in Tulsa...

TheBishopco likes this.
  6. russpowell

russpowell May 24, 2005 Oklahoma
    Beer Trader

I'd reccomend hitting up BierGarten in Jenks if it's not too much of a detour for ya.

TheBishopco and bomberdawg like this.
  7. estlinska

estlinska Sep 30, 2010 Arkansas

Colonial remains the king of bottle shops in Little Rock. There has always been a good selection of Prairie Ales there as far as I recall. I haven't been there in a 2 weeks though as I just did a run to Birmingham and Memphis for Good People, Stone, and Oskar Blues, so I'm set (plus over 60 bottles of homebrew). They have everything Schlafly sends this way including some bombers of specialty beers including a Single Malt Scotch ale that I hated, but seemed to get good reviews otherwise. BCBS I have not seen in a while outside of Foam Fest.

8. ubenumber2

ubenumber2 Sep 1, 2012 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Colonial has a whole bunch of bad ass beer listed on their site ,some they let you put in your cart , some say out of stock. It says you can put it in your cart and pick up in store , yet when you get to the store they have no clue and not a single beer they advertised. I didn't drive to Little Rock just to go there , but I drove out of my way while there to go , I was not happy with them at all

9. jcdgoad

jcdgoad Sep 11, 2008 Arkansas

The following Prairie Beers are available in Arkansas:

Prairie Standard
    Prairie Ale
    Prairie Hop
    Prairie Noir
    Praire Pirate Noir
    Prairie Okie

Stores that carry Prairie include:

Sullivents
    107 Liquor
    Lake Liquor
    Colonial
    Springhill
    Popatop
    The Wine Rack in Hot Springs

More Prairie will be coming to Central Arkansas as it is released.

BetterBeerPlz likes this.
  10. TheBishopco

TheBishopco Feb 4, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Chase is right. Stop in Tulsa; it really is your best bet. I haven't noticed any Prairie in the Fayetteville area. But it also seems our distribution is a least month behind everywhere else...

11. ubenumber2

ubenumber2 Sep 1, 2012 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Saw a bottle of pirate noir outside of Jonesboro

12. jcdgoad

jcdgoad Sep 11, 2008 Arkansas

There is no Prairie in Fayetteville because of Arkansas franchise laws. When Benton County liquor stores start opening later this year NWA will finally get some Prairie!!

13. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

Pfft... you say that like you own the joint!

14. TheBishopco

TheBishopco Feb 4, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Good to know. In the mean time, know where I can find some in state?

15. drlovemd87

Beer Trader

Thanks guys so much for the info. I got 6 bottles of noir, 3 bottles of okie, and 1 bottle of pirate noir (thanks to Colin who worked there going up his stashed bottle!). I'm in Ft Smith headed toward Jenks!

Cheers,

D

16. capnamerica

capnamerica Feb 19, 2013 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

This, where is the closest place to buy for NWA?

17. CaptainPiret

CaptainPiret Oct 5, 2009 Luxembourg
    Beer Trader

Do tell where, please. That's a little over an hour drive from me. And I'm used to leaving Memphis to find better selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe