Pulpit Rock releases

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by TGanyone, Dec 16, 2017.

1. blkgld

blkgld Initiate (122) Mar 21, 2018 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Surprised they're asking no bottle shares

2. DCintheMSP

DCintheMSP Initiate (143) Jan 8, 2014 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

The Fat Joe release bottle share probably got a little out of hand, I think people were trying to drink the cold away. I imagine people that live in the area were upset about the noise, the leftover empties (pick up your trash, assholes) and the copious amount of public urination that was occurring as well. No inside info here, just my guessing.

TCOlson likes this.
  3. Nuts4Barrel-aged

Nuts4Barrel-aged Initiate (152) Dec 14, 2016 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I will agree that the Fat Joe release got pretty out of hand. Way too many hammered people in line. After reading Pulpit Rock's comments on Facebook, I think they just want to avoid something like that again.

DCintheMSP and TCOlson like this.
  4. Boldbrew

Boldbrew Aspirant (220) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

It was way out of hand at Fat Joe, the arsholes that insisted on playing loud music all night and then the car alarm going off continuously wreaked it for everyone

5. DCintheMSP

DCintheMSP Initiate (143) Jan 8, 2014 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Seriously, how big of a self-serving twatwaffle do you have to be to insist on playing your shit music at high volume at 3:30 in the god-damned morning?

6. Nuts4Barrel-aged

Beer Trader

There are ten chairs in line for Ol'tella but zero people... Cool

Ristaccia, Browntown35 and Boldbrew like this.
  7. Spewlander

Spewlander Initiate (133) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

DCintheMSP and Boldbrew like this.
  8. DriftlessFarmer

DriftlessFarmer Initiate (160) Dec 15, 2016 Iowa

The Fat Joe release was just crawling with idiot douchebags who couldn't handle their booze and made complete asses of themselves.

I don't blame PR for putting the kibosh on bottle shares in line after what I saw that day. It was beer culture at its worst. Entitled bozos who had to show off their beer cellar in public and being aggressive, demanding, and incapable of controlling bodily functions.

It sucks that a few bad apples ruin shit, but I completely get where Pulpit is coming from.

Boldbrew likes this.
  9. Nuts4Barrel-aged

Beer Trader

Totally agree, I love doing some beer sharing in line but that day was unlike anything I had ever seen!

Boldbrew likes this.
  10. striker2160

striker2160 Devotee (403) May 5, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

As usual it only takes a few people to _uck it up for everyone....but it sounds like it was more than a few !!!0

11. Boldbrew

Boldbrew Aspirant (220) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Any line updates?

12. NEIABeerGuy21

NEIABeerGuy21 Initiate (129) May 1, 2015 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Probably only 200 or so at the moment.

Boldbrew likes this.
  13. Disc_n_Beer

Disc_n_Beer Initiate (68) Mar 20, 2015 Iowa
    Beer Trader

16 oz cans!?

14. dbhammel

dbhammel Initiate (67) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Yeah, they announced a week or two ago they are moving from crowlers to all 4 pack 16 oz cans from now on. Unfortunately still no distribution outside of Iowa.

Beer_Economicus, Ish1 and Boldbrew like this.
  15. DriftlessFarmer

I’d be really surprised if PR ever distros out of state.

They’ve been playing with the canning line for a bit. Got to try some Pilsner Mikel and C’s Get Degrees that were run through it. Everything was well carbed and held up well.

swenny916 likes this.
  16. dragonaut

dragonaut Disciple (307) May 29, 2005 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I wonder what distro will be like for the cans at all. We get periodic kegs at select accounts in the DSM metro but Pulpit doesn't have many more accounts than Alluvial up in Ames. It's just a handful. Most of what they sell is own-premise, except for the Saftshake/Hy-Vee Market Grille deal. I wonder if we'll really see them hit retail here. I would love to get Loopy Lynn cans without a 7 hour roundtrip trek.

17. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Aspirant (248) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Just wanted to capture this for posterity. :sunglasses:

In Wisconsin out of state breweries can self distribute and I believe it was Oliphiant that found a loophole that to do the same in Minnesota. The Twin Cities and Madison are closer and faster to get to then Des Moines. If Pulpit Rock is eyeing cash infusions I'd expect them to start dipping into the MN and WI wells just as easily as relying solely on Iowa. They're already achieving the recognition Toppling Goliath had a few years ago minus the Twitter hyperbole.

Boldbrew likes this.
  18. TCOlson

TCOlson Initiate (182) Feb 19, 2017 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

They've said taproom only for the cans, no distro

19. DriftlessFarmer

If I’m wrong, it won’t bother me.

PR could absolutely distribute out of Iowa. My opinion is that they don’t aspire to.

Boldbrew likes this.
  20. dbhammel

dbhammel Initiate (67) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

21. B-Nut-GoBlue

B-Nut-GoBlue Disciple (351) Apr 22, 2014 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Anyone in the know...know what the bottle release schedule looks like for the 2nd half of the year?! I've heard something about BA Rechoncho and I know there is an anniversary party late-summer but I don't think that involves any bottles released (though I could be wrong).

scifan87 likes this.
  22. TCOlson

TCOlson Initiate (182) Feb 19, 2017 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I think they are doing a wine barrel aged Gallagher for the anniversary. I don't think they are doing another BA stout release this year

B-Nut-GoBlue and Boldbrew like this.