Quebec trip.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Electros, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Electros

Electros Poo-Bah (1,564) Feb 20, 2007 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

Near the end of the summer my family and I are enjoying a cottage weekend in St. Alphonse Rodriguez, Quebec. We will be going through Montreal and was wondering if anyone has some recommendations om any brewery or bottle shop stops. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I havent been to Montreal in 10 years. I wanted to hit DDC. Other then that I haven't been able to find much in the way of breweries near there. Cheers all!

#1 Electros, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    TheDoctor likes this.
  2. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Poo-Bah (2,085) Mar 7, 2013 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

If it's been ten years since you were here last, you're really in for a treat! Good bottleshops are now fairly easy to come by in most neighborhoods and in the past couple years even random deps and grocery stores have gotten better. So it all depends on where you are.

Veux-tu une biere?
    recently opened a shop like a block from DDC so that'd probably be your best bet to hit multiple things easily. Especially if family is a consideration as far as how your time gets spent:wink:

If you want something different, my favorite area for beer is definitely Little Italy. Lots of good bars, bottleshops and restaurants in walking distance. Isle de garde is my current favorite place and Mabrasserie is awesome too (tons of taps, kid friendly, food and a shop for package). They're both in that area.

If you wanna grab a beer or do a quick little shelf-beer trade lemme know. Either way, enjoy your trip!:sunglasses:

Electros likes this.
  3. remsad

remsad Initiate (152) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

If you will be in Quebec city, I will invite you at home. A lot of beer to share :slight_smile:

Electros likes this.
  4. Electros

Society

I also travel witg clean growlers. What is the fill situation in Quebec and average prices?

5. remsad

remsad Initiate (152) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

You can't use your own growler :slight_frown:

6. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Savant (937) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

When I take the more leisurely route from Toronto, I like to stop here

https://m.facebook.com/legobelet.qc/

I haven’t been in a couple years, but always have found good stuff.

Electros likes this.
  7. Electros

Society

Wow. This place looks amazing.

8. Electros

Society

That sucks.

9. Electros

Society

Other then DDC any brewery recommendations in Montreal that would be easy stop and as you get to go North? Any interesting rural breweries?