1. Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14 & 15!

Question concerning some Bruery bottles

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Snowcrash000, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Meyvn (1,322) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Trader

A local store here in Germany recently slashed their prices on a whole bunch of Bruery bottles because they're past the best by date and I was wondering if it might be worth it to grab a few. These are all 18-24 months old, but are also mostly dark and sour beers, so they should keep well. On the other hand, they also all contain a whole bunch of additives and I'm not sure how well these will keep. They are all between 8-10€ ($10 average). Do you reckon that any of these are worth picking up at this age and price?

Share This OC
    Share This Mole
    Share This Mint Chip
    Trade Winds
    Or Xata
    Goses Are Red
    Midnight Autumn Maple
    Guava Libre!

2. anvindr

anvindr Initiate (137) Jan 6, 2016 California
    Trader

would I pick up any of them? no.

guava libre!, share this OC, share this mint chip, share this mole and or xata are just kinda meh beers even when fresh in my opinion. goses are red is the only one there that I actually enjoy drinking and its probly held up fine

3. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Disciple (371) May 2, 2016 California
    Society Trader

I don't trust Bruery's coffee too much, but if it gets a little overly bitter/spicy Share This Mole would probably work for it. Mint Chip tasted a bit like toothpaste *shrug*

Goses are Red and Midnight Autumn Maple are probably the only other 2 that held up, maybe improved depending on your taste profile.

4. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (114) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

I think it is relative to the availability of US-produced craft beers to you in Germany. Or Xata and Guava Libre should still be drinking very well and quite tasty. Tradewinds is able to age, but gets drier over time. The Share This variants are probably not as worth picking up, but the base stout itself is still a solid BA stout. Especially for that price. Prost!

5. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Meyvn (1,322) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Trader

These bottles are actually not THAT hard to find in Germany, but they usually go for 25-35€, so these are kinda tempting at that price point. How much do these go for in the USA, by the way? I'll probably get Guava Libre simply for the style tick, Share This Molé because I love chili beers and Goses are Red because I like Goses and this might have actually improved with age. The Midnight Autumn Maple is kinda tempting as well, but I really only wanna get three bottles. Cheers!

6. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (144) Oct 29, 2013 California

Most of these I believe are between $10-15 as they are not barrel aged (maybe 1-2 are). My opinion is that if the beers sound interesting, then pick them up. My opinion is that most Bruery beers hold up pretty well.
    Having said that, I wouldn’t purchase them, but that’s cause I got cases of Bruery beers I need to drink.

Yabu likes this.
  7. raynmoon

raynmoon Crusader (786) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado
    Trader

Buy them.

8. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Trade Winds ages well IMO.

thetastywort and KevSal like this.
  9. jrm303130

jrm303130 Initiate (50) Jan 26, 2016 California

I would buy multiple or xata, trade winds, and goses are red. If midnight autumn maple and guava libre sound like something you would like I would buy those to just try. The rest I wouldn't buy.

10. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Crusader (731) Nov 23, 2017 California
    Society Trader

Prices at various shops in NorCal:

Share This - OC, Mole & Mint Chip - $16
    Trade Winds - $9
    Or Xata - $13 for a 4pk/16oz. cans
    Goses Are Red - $10
    Midnight Autumn Maple - $10
    Guava Libre! - $18