Question for folks who have traded overseas

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Parrotshake, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrotshake

Parrotshake Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2008 Australia

I'm pretty sure someone here has done this at some point, right? Just wondering. A pal of mine has kindly offered to send me a couple of interesting bottles from the States, and I'm only too happy to let her. It'd be maybe 3 or 4 750ml bottles. What am I looking at paying on these in terms of duty and wine equalization tax and whatnot when they turn up, and/or how can I get out of that altogether?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dgilks

dgilks Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2008 Australia

If they are declared as non-perishable beverages or the like you should be fine. Customs really doesn't care about small, personal quantities of beer. Wine and spirits can be a different story though.

3. mulder1010

mulder1010 Meyvn (1,019) Aug 29, 2008 Australia

Sent you a BM about it. Any questions feel free to ask and will gladly help out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.