Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Questions regarding Stamford CT area

Discussion in 'New England' started by Phillyz, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillyz

Phillyz May 20, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Hey all. I'll be in Stamford for thanksgiving. I was wondering what the best beer shops within a 30 minute drive are. I'm looking for NEBCO, Jackie o's and other nice brews. Also, will there be any goose island black Friday events or bourbon county released in the area? Wondering if I should just go to NYC for that. Cheers!

2. naloxone

naloxone Aug 7, 2010 Connecticut

Total Wine just off Rt15 in Norwalk has a pretty solid bottle selection. If you can punch out to 35-40min, you can get to the NEB brewery, it's within spitting distance of Rt15 as well. Be sure to check their facebook or call to verify they will be open, I don't know what they are doing for holiday hours.

3. garylite

garylite Oct 28, 2010 Connecticut

Bev Max in Stamford has good selection. If you want some G Not I could trade you. PM me if you want.

Phillyz likes this.
  4. audioserf

audioserf Sep 3, 2010 Connecticut

In addition to Total Wines in Norwalk and BevMax (both in Stamford and in Norwalk), I recall seeing a TON of BCBS at Stew Leonard's Wine + Liquor (Norwalk) last year. It's like nobody thought to look there for it, so it just sat. It was awesome.

Also, 99 Bottles in Norwalk (off exit 14, in South Norwalk, not hard to find) is a small shop that gets some nice goodies on a regular basis, worth checking in there if you have the time.

Phillyz likes this.
  5. AaronF

AaronF Jun 23, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Looks like DeCiccos in Armonk is doing a Black Friday Bourbon County event. It's about 30 mins from Stamford if not a little less.

Phillyz likes this.
  6. Phillyz

Beer Trader

Where did you see this?

7. AaronF

AaronF Jun 23, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

8. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

I would also visit Coalhouse Pizza one lunch or dinner. Excellent pizza (and other stuff) as well as 52 beers on tap all but 2 or 3 of which will be micros / good imports.

+1 to DeCiccos with or without the event ...

Could see what Half Full's hours are (they are a micro in Stamford). Beer is ok, sometimes good, definitely not worth searching out.

+1 to NEBCO if you feel like driving. I drove there in 45 minutes on Monday from Stamford midday.

naloxone and Phillyz like this.
  9. sandman3479

sandman3479 Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

No Jackie O's in CT

10. Phillyz

Beer Trader

I love that pizza joint!

11. beace

beace Jan 18, 2007 Ohio

only OH

sandman3479 likes this.
  12. unclejazz

unclejazz Oct 24, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Hope you enjoy the holiday, if you can make it to NEBCO before Thursday I strongly urge you to pick up a few growlers for the meal. Gandhi and SeaHag go great with Turkey. Deciccos is a great spot Armonk or Brewster are good bets. The events at Brewster tend to be the biggest events(tap takeovers) and might be worth the slightly longer drive.

Phillyz and sandman3479 like this.
  13. Phillyz

Beer Trader

Thank you uncle!

14. TRFD803

TRFD803 Oct 23, 2012 Connecticut

Fairway Wines in Stamford has some good beers, last year the BCBS and variants sat there for a while. Coalhouse is fantastic for food and beers and the Half Full Brewery in Stamford is always fun. Total Wine, Stews and 99 Bottles in Norwalk are also great shops.

15. CharlatanSin

CharlatanSin May 28, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I was going to ask if I'd missed something monumental.

sandman3479 likes this.
  16. Bizoneill

Bizoneill Apr 19, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Port Chester Beer right over the CT border is also another nice honey hole for the beer geek.

17. evilpumpkinbomb

evilpumpkinbomb Mar 11, 2011 Connecticut

If you're up for the drive try Ancona's in Ridgefield. About 20 minutes from Norwalk and has a great walk in cooler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe