Rep Your Region BIF - Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Goblinmunkey7, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oline73

oline73 Poo-Bah (3,237) Sep 18, 2009 Maryland
    Society Trader

I had two more boxes hit the porch today, here are the goods (pictures to follow at the end of the weekend).

Buckeye Nighty Night
    New Holland Envious
    Dark Horse Fore
    New Holland Dragon's Milk
    Buckeye Cleveland IPA
    Hoppin Frog Hop Master's Abbey
    Ale Smith Grand Cru
    Bell's Kalamazoo Stout
    Founders Imperial Stout
    Founders KBS!!!!!
    Great Lakes BA Blackout (never had this, really excited!)
    64 oz growler of Fathead Head Hunter IPA (I'm guessing due to the matching glass)
    Fathead Head Hunter IPA glass

Thanks so much for everything. I need to pick a target and finish shopping. Aiming to ship on Monday!

2. oline73

oline73 Poo-Bah (3,237) Sep 18, 2009 Maryland
    Society Trader

I sent out a pair of boxes today. They're headed to a region that isn't the east.

3. Agold

Agold Defender (635) Mar 13, 2010 Pennsylvania

Came home early from work to two huge boxes of beer on my doorstep. And here's the haul:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3x Troegs Nugget Nectar
    Troegs Scratch 57 (Bock)
    2x Evo No 3 IPA
    2x Evo Exile ESB
    2x Evo Lucky 7
    2x Evo Primal Pale Ale
    Flying Dog Horn Dog, an '08 nip bottle and a '12 regular
    Williamsburg Alewerks Grand Illumination Ale
    Natty Boh Camden Yards 20th Anniversary (Huge baseball fan, awesomely fitting that this would arrive on opening day)
    Duclaw Naked Fish
    Duclaw Euforia Growler
    Duclaw Black Jack Stout Growler
    Not pictured is a Duclaw pint glass

Awesome boxes. That Illumination looks awesome and I can't wait to break into those growlers. Missed out on NN this year, so I am very happy about those. I am actually flying back to philly in about 5 hrs, so unfortunately all these beautiful beautiful beers will have to wait for tuesday.

Got a few beers for my box(es) picked out and will fill them out nicely when I get back on tuesday. I also may have to rep my philly region in addition to my chicago region.

Edit: screw that. NN in the freezer and drinking it with a late lunch.

4. Goblinmunkey7

Goblinmunkey7 Meyvn (1,427) Dec 24, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

I was really looking forward to seeing what would come out of the East region. Amazing stuff!

5. Agold

Back in Chicago and putting my box together. Target seems to have some wants that conflict with favorite/least favorite style so I'm going with that. I have something to do till late tonight, but should be able to pick up my last few bottles over the next couple days though. Hope to send out on Saturday.

Hint: If you don't know who you are, you're not paying attention. :wink:

6. gkunkle

gkunkle Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2010 Oregon

I'm guessing that might be me. You'd be right to note that I've barely been paying attention. I think something about the new forum layout has caused me to use BA much less. These kids and their technologies, keep movin the damn buttons around. Keen observation also on disliked styles vs stated wants, I don't have much love for an impy stout, but I figure there are three or four I ought to give an honest chance if I want to consider myself knowledgeable about beer. I'll be excited by whatever comes. Looking forward to it!

7. twiggamortis420

twiggamortis420 Poo-Bah (2,933) Jan 4, 2006 Texas

Youre right...there's somethin fishy goin on...I cant quite put my mushroom tip on it though! I havnt really even checked the SW forum lately.

Maybe the fact you cant see the top 5 threads for each subcategory? Sometimes ur just too lazy to click on a theme to see whats there, lol

8. Agold

Just dropped off the biggest box i have ever sent out. Got a handful of wants, lots of great beer, and some homebrew (because what's more local than my kitchen?) for a grand total of almost 300oz of beer. My guess is that the box should be delivered thursday or friday.

9. Agold

OK. we got a box on the truck. Keep on the lookout.

10. Agold

Box has landed.

11. gkunkle

Well how about that. A box of beer on my doorstep. I'll post pictures of the box an the haul tomorrow when I'm at a computer, complete with pictures and witty commentary.

Agold, I noticed your home brew is generally unmarked with the exception of two squiggles on the cap, one of which appears the Greek number stigma and the other resembles a fishook. Care to divulge its contents or do I get to guess? I'm down for a challenge. Also, I'd like to verify wether or not there are fishooks in this bottle. According to my preference, I only drink fishook beer provided it is an imperial fishook beer that has been barrel aged. Okay, I hear loud noises outside. I'm going to quit typing so I can investigate that. Cheers!

12. Agold

Its a bretted saison. Markings on the cap are CS for circum-saison. There are no fishhooks but it was dryhopped with foreskin. 50/50 chance I'm serious.

13. twiggamortis420

barrel-aged foreskin?

14. Agold

mmmmmm..... foreskin and -bals.

15. gkunkle

Sorry it has taken me so long to post pics. Here's the goods!
    The box arrived, truly bursting at the seams with beer. I honestly don't know how so much beer fit into a single box. You must be a master at puzzles. Also, I'm posting this away from home, and neglected to bring the list of all the beers with me so i'll post the list of all the beers later. Oh, and I looked through the box and didn't see "the list" did I miss it? (probably so) I'll probably need to know address/preferred styles for OP. Not sure if i'm more excited about the beer I got, or the beer I'll be sending.
    [​IMG]

All the large format bottles and one can.
    [​IMG]
    All the 12oz bottles.
    [​IMG]

Agold hit a lot of wants and beers that I likely never would have had an opportunity to try, I'm super pumped to open some of these up this week. Thanks man!

16. Agold

Glad you like the box. I think I over packed it a bit. Happy everything is safe. The can is considerably cooler if you are a baseball fan. It is Frank Thomas' beer. Otherwise it is just an AAL.

17. Goblinmunkey7

Trader

That is a giant box of Midwest happiness. Some amazing stuff and Double Daisy Cutter is a true gem.

18. sitarist

sitarist Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2009 Ohio

I cant wait to see the last haul.

19. gkunkle

I've been bouncing around town hitting up different bottle shops, so far it is just over 250 ounces but it should be around 350 by the time it gets sent. I'm gonna be able to hit a couple of sweet wants. I should be sending it out sometime next week. BTW, would it be considered un-sporting to send a want that isn't from my region?

20. twiggamortis420

Most certainly not!!

21. sitarist

sitarist Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2009 Ohio

I just want to thank twiggamortis420 again for the great box.

22. Agold

So do we have a last haul yet?

23. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

I am curious as well
    [​IMG]

24. Goblinmunkey7

Trader

No last haul yet. No worries though, pictures will herald its arrival.

25. gkunkle

Sorry, forgot to let you guys know I sent it out on friday. Almost everything comes from within 100 miles of Portland.

26. Goblinmunkey7

Trader

The final box arrived. Unpacked it as soon as I got home from work and it certainly was a task. This might be the most thoroughly wrapped and packed box I've ever encountered. The goods:

Big Bottles:
    [​IMG]

Deschutes Hop Henge IPA (want)
    Alaskan Brewing Smoked Porter 2011 (want/dying to try)
    Pelican Tsunami Stout
    Deschutes The Abyss 2011 (perpetual want)
    New Glarus Raspberry Tart (permawant/extra)
    Pelican Ankle Buster Ale
    Pelican India Pelican Ale
    Ninkasi Total Domination IPA (want)
    Deschutes Fresh Hop Mirror Pond

Small Bottles:
    [​IMG]

Deschutes Black Butte Porter x2 (want)
    North Coast Old Rasputin
    Hair of the Dog Fred (want)
    Widmer Brothers Dark Saison
    Russian River Supplication (permawant/my brain exploded)
    Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin (want)
    Deschutes Jubelale (want)
    Hair of the Dog Adam (want)
    Lagunitas Maximus

The whole show w/Brewmaster's t-shirt and coozy:
    [​IMG]

Needless to say, a killer box with over 300oz of West coast goodness. I know a few buddies who will help knock some of these down in short order. Huge thanks to gkunkle for wrapping this thing up and continuing to kill it like everyone did for the entire BIF.

27. gkunkle

Thanks for putting this all together man. I'm glad I could hit a lot of wants but a little peeved with myself or not saving a bottle of fantasia, If I'd only known... I hope I didn't waste too much of your time unpacking that box. I'm a little anal about preventing broken bottles if at all possible, that'd be a waste of good beer.

28. Goblinmunkey7

Trader

I don't know if my brain would have been able to handle Fantasia, but the idea that you would have thrown one in is enough to blow my mind. As for the packaging, it wasn't too time consuming. I didn't take a knife to it or anything. Given the weight, the packing was top notch.

With that said, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who participated in this lovely thing. Thanks for making my first BIF a success. I'll definitely be running another round in the near future (with a few tweaks). Throw any feedback at me (good, bad, ugly, whatever) either on here or through a BM/Conversation (whatever term you want to use).

Killer stuff all around and a good example of how many buried gems there are out there.

29. twiggamortis420

Thanks for running it Goblin...you sent out a great box to start it off and looks like you got a good one in return. I enjoyed it, cheers to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.