Revolution Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by dukeandduke, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Devotee (479) Apr 8, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

After reading about these releases, I am legitimately actively trying to figure out if there is any way I can force a trip for work during 1 or more of these releases.

This year’s lineup is insane.

I’m borderline angry at the lineup is so good.

2. SeanBond

SeanBond Meyvn (1,029) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

That's honestly sort of what it's come to with Rev:

"Screw these guys for putting out more awesome BA stuff than I can handle"

3. SteelCranium

SteelCranium Initiate (97) Jul 1, 2010 Ohio

Any idea if this is going to make it to Ohio this year? Don’t know what happened last year but we didn’t see anything from the Deth series.

chrismattlin likes this.
  4. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Honestly, more than anything else I just want to try them. I've become a big fan, and although I'd LOVE to have a 4-pack and split a typical allocation (two 4-packs of each type), I'm not greedy. I just want a chance to try them. BUT, as @Number1Framer has mentioned before, it's difficult to make a trade for these sometimes. The standards - those are fine. The others? Not so much. I never did try Ryeway to heaven as a result.

So, honestly - although my comment was meant as a joke, I am just a tad bit angry that it is so difficult to trade for :stuck_out_tongue:.

Last year I was very lucky, and @odcardinal reached out, and helped me get some of the brews. I was eternally grateful. Unfortunately, he decided to leave, and I no longer have my Mule :slight_frown:. Selfish, right? How dare he.

odcardinal, GuyFawkes and SeanBond like this.
  5. ShawnoftheD3ad

ShawnoftheD3ad Initiate (176) Mar 20, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

God I’m late (everywhere I go today). Where in the fuck is the Masters Of War 4-packs?

VSOR is gonna be a madhouse. Line up starts at 10am!

dukeandduke likes this.
  6. Quilentro

Quilentro Aspirant (275) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

@Veliksta1 - The tap lists for the deep woods releases are always incredible. Unfortunately, though, if you’re out of town that weekend. You spend the next 32 years suffering the gloating from beer nerd frenemy’s about what you missed out on.

Any chance Rev resumes “deep cuts” and start tapping some of these midweek throughout the year? Or is this still a thing and I just don’t know how to see announcement for it anymore?

And, as always, thanks for all you do for the community!

7. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,825) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Actually I think we're all okay just gloating over you.

8. eppCOS

eppCOS Savant (962) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Wow, OK. I guess my travel plans for... wait... mid-October just changed.
    *re-does personal budget*
    See you there!

GuyFawkes and FBarber like this.
  9. vicodin_tears1

vicodin_tears1 Initiate (28) Jun 22, 2019 Indiana
    Trader

Looks like I’ll be in town for the collab release on Saturday. Any chance they’ll have some barrel aged stuff on draft for the release, other than honey and strawberry jacket?

10. Veliksta1

Veliksta1 Devotee (400) Aug 4, 2013 Illinois
    Society Industry

Deep Cuts were not a big success unfortunately. Perhaps the world just wasn't quite ready for cuts so deep in 2017. I wouldn't worry too much about there not being enough barrel-aged beers starting in a couple months.

11. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (3,522) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

As a fat person who hates the heat, I look forward to cool to cold temperatures and big, barrel aged beers. Fuck Al Fresco culture!

jaysker95, FBarber and dukeandduke like this.
  12. Veliksta1

Society Industry

I really hope so and will confirm back as soon as I know.

chrismattlin and Beer_Economicus like this.
  13. dukeandduke

dukeandduke Meyvn (1,215) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

Liked the update but not the news. Not even Beanorma Gene? For old times sake?

Will of course be picking up Coffee Eugene in the Fall.Will of course be picking up Coffee Eugene in the Fall.

Keep'em coming!!!

FBarber and Quilentro like this.
  14. Quilentro

Trader

Good man - I was literally thinking of sipping BeaNorma Gene with a friend after work at a near empty bar when I wrote that post. I guess it was before the hype - that was an incredible beer.

dukeandduke likes this.
  15. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Aspirant (263) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

IMO, regular ol’ Eugene is the most under appreciated Rev beer (Cross of Gold a close second). You’re hard pressed to find many American versions of those styles that are equally as good.

16. SeanBond

SeanBond Meyvn (1,029) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Me thinking about my wallet:
    [​IMG]

17. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Defender (635) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Your barrel program seems to be very successful. Are you increasing production volume to accommodate continued demand or will we see the same yields as last year?

18. Quilentro

Trader

I think I’ve said this before here, but coffee Eugene is the perfect fall weather to-go coffee cup stroll the neighborhoods beer.

19. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (692) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

I've done exactly this with Coffee Eugene in my reusable Starbucks cup.

20. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Meyvn (1,101) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Great while handing out Halloween candy or walking around collecting it for yourself (I mean for my kids).

flat_lander, Quilentro and SeanBond like this.
  21. Veliksta1

Society Industry

Awesome. Coffee Eugene moving to cans was my first pitch after starting with Rev. While I liked it myself from living near the Pub, the idea mostly came from seeing it mentioned so frequently in beer forums like this. So thanks for the assist! Here's an old interview I did with Guys Drinking Beer that they turned into a write-up leading up to its debut: https://www.guysdrinkingbeer.com/revolution-releasing-coffee-eugene-porter-in-cans/

And good news, we're looking to add another wrinkle or two to Coffee Eugene this Fall/Winter. More on that once it's all flushed out. And no, wrinkle does not mean adjunct :wink:

22. Quilentro

Trader

Unique Gaslight Coffee Roaster variants...?!

FBarber likes this.
  23. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Initiate (102) Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Man I miss Bean Gene...and Blue Gene while we’re at it

dukeandduke and chrismattlin like this.
  24. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Defender (635) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

That's good because a Shar-pei stout does not sound appetizing.

25. Jplachy

Jplachy Disciple (346) Feb 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Ummmm.....are they doing crowlers of this Deth's Tar Limited that just got put on?

26. Jplachy

Jplachy Disciple (346) Feb 12, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Ah, this is at the brewpub. Do they have a crowler machine?

27. Quilentro

Trader

I don’t know but it tasted pretty good.

28. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Initiate (102) Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Both collab beers are very good! Maybe it’s haze fatigue, but after trying both i think I prefer Base.

Veliksta1 and Nbrock24 like this.
  29. beardown2489

beardown2489 Disciple (371) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois

Congrats to Rev and HB. both collabs were well done. Both were able to highlight both the intense dry hopping that hop butcher does while maintaining the strong clean balance that revolution has mastered. I think Base is pretty damn good and should be sought out. The hazy is really good, and ends up with a similar mouthfeel you’d expect from HB without the residual linger of sweetness.

A side note: It was a shame to see people cracking cans they had purchased to go and pouring into glasses that previously held draft beer. I guess cheap haze bros can’t afford draft prices. But hey, at least they felt cool in the moment. I feel bad for Rev, they had no chance at monitoring the crowd today, it was bound to happen with the way that room is set up.

#669 beardown2489, Aug 18, 2019 at 3:12 AM
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019 at 3:19 AM
  30. Frankinstiener

Frankinstiener Aspirant (203) Jul 28, 2009 Illinois

Lol I thought at first you were mad they didnt rinse their glass. But yeah drinking to-go beer on site is just trashy and rude.

31. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,279) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

Base is the West Coast IPA which will save us in these trying times. Wow, it's fantastic imo. I understand it's a pale ale and at 6% it's even more impressive how good it is. Well done to both breweries. I hope to see this again in the future. If you are a West Coast IPA fan, I highly recommend this beer.

Superstructure is very good too. However, at 9% it's a bit boozier than is my preference. Still a solid beer and well executed. Cheers to Rev and HB for a great, smooth release.

dukeandduke and Veliksta1 like this.
  32. beardown2489

beardown2489 Disciple (371) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois

Yea. Super dry hopped. Reminded me of the amount of dry hopping Your Wish Is Granted got. Extreme in the best way. I’d call it a intensely hopped San Diego style pale ale. It was delicious.

The Oktoberfest is also as good as ever. Tons of biscuity malt without any caramel sweetness. They also tapped ‘14 straight jacket, but I had to be responsible

33. dukeandduke

dukeandduke Meyvn (1,215) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

Spot on, QFT!

Was able to make it after returning from the Toppling Goliath release. Had both on draft, Base to go. I prefer a West Coast IPA over a NEIPA. The NEIPA was solid, similar to other Hop Butcher releases I have had. I LOVED the Base offering, ranked it up there with my all time favorites. I'm looking for more base this week. I also loved my third a final offering, La Gargola, a German Helles. I lost by review notes in my phone, but I'm happy to try again next week!

Veliksta1 and Jaycase like this.
  34. GuyFawkes

Society Trader

Oktoberfest announcement came over on an Empty Bottle email...dates are 9/27 & 9/28.

If you like doom metal, 9/27 looks like a real good time...

[​IMG]

35. flat_lander

flat_lander Zealot (540) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Dude. That Friday line up is bad ass.

mbockstruck30 and GuyFawkes like this.
  36. CityofWind_brew

CityofWind_brew Disciple (396) Jan 15, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Am I the only one who has never heard of any of these bands? Damn I feel very uncool right now

37. Beer_Economicus

Trader

I don’t listen to any type of metal. When people say something akin to what @flat_lander said, i always ask myself whether that person is trolling. Based on past polls in BA, I am apparently in the minority as far as BAs go.

FBarber likes this.
  38. GuyFawkes

Society Trader

If the term "doom metal" means nothing to you, these bands will likely piss you off.

If you are a fan of doom metal...these bands will likely make you slightly aroused.

For reference:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom_metal

There's no shame in not knowing / caring about the genre...but there's also no trolling going on.

Duff27, FBarber and Beer_Economicus like this.
  39. flat_lander

flat_lander Zealot (540) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Defintely not trolling. Been a big metal fan my whole life, played in bands most of it. Pall Bearer is great live and have been wanting to see them again. Have always wanted to see Bong Ripper live. Seen YOB a few times. Been to so many shows I don't remember where I saw them...probably opening for Neurosis.

40. Beer_Economicus

Trader

Hehe, apparently my tongue in cheek comment didn’t come off the way intended. I was trying to say that I am so far removed (since I listen to NO metal, not just no doom metal, which I also didn’t know was a thing) that my first thought is, “they must be trolling!” -But, as I said, per the BA polls, I am clearly the outlier when it comes to metal and being a BA. The vast majority of BAs listen to some type of metal.

FBarber likes this.