Revolution Brewing (2021)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by DeadWax, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flat_lander

flat_lander Pooh-Bah (2,384) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Betting VSOJ is more like $45. I believe it was $40 per at the 2018 release. Also, my memory is shit so YMMV and I'm too lazy to go back and look it up. This is where @VinHalen54 comes in for me with actual facts...

And at the end of the day, $ is not a factor for me in this race.

FBarber and GuyFawkes like this.
  2. P739397

P739397 Zealot (524) Feb 13, 2017 Washington
    Trader

I'd really like to be able to use some rewards to pretend like my Revolution spending isn't a problem

3. Jsimansk

Jsimansk Zealot (707) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Hey now don’t give them any ideas! 2018 VSOJ was only $35 per an old Tribune article (easier than searching here). I’d be fine with $40 this time around.

flat_lander and ChicagoJ like this.
  4. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Grand Pooh-Bah (4,073) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I buy a four pack for most Deep Woods releases. I typically do not buy "max" allotments, and I still have plenty of Revolution Cellar Beers to work through. That said, I will purchase whatever allotment of VSOJ I can get, to drink and share.

Still have three 2018 VSOJs, they are drinking great. Love Revolution's stouts as well, but believe their Ryeway to Heaven and Straight Jacket releases fly under the radar as compared to their stouts. While I personally would like more than four, would be fine with a limit of one four pack per customer to spread the wealth and love, assuming their allotment is limited. Will grab Supermassive as well.

ktr5010, rmpic82 and FBarber like this.
  5. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Grand Pooh-Bah (5,364) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm wondering...at what price point would I NOT buy VSOJ?

If it was $100 per 4 pack I wouldn't hesitate.

6. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Works for me! What were other recent extended aged brews running? I'm thinking DBVSOD, VSOR, etc.

That'd be in line with Side Project prices for something like Anabasis. ~$50 for a 750ml. Again, not advocating for that pricing level.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  7. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Pundit (783) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Now don't go telling folks that money is not a factor for you - we need to at least pretend that this is all way too much money.
    For posterity, VSOJ was last released in 4pks of 12oz cans on 10/19/2018 @13.8% for $35 with no distribution.
    Rev had kept the high mark for Deep Wood 4pks at $35 for two years, then it went to $40 the past two years. You know the next increase on select beers is coming, and I would be surprised if VSOJ and Supermassive were not $45/4pk due to rising costs and the high demand for those beers.
    None of these beers have seen distribution, and I'm sure that will stay the same. They are terrific draws to the taproom and brewpub, and I'm sure they have kegged much more than last time to attract more people to their locations and to help create special events at area pubs/taverns.

8. VinHalen54

Another one for posterity...

Cost per 4pk for Deep Wood 2019/2020 at brewery
    $40 - Strawberry Jacket b1
    $40 - Honey Jacket
    $25 - Deth's Tar
    $30 - Café Deth
    $40 - Deth by Plums
    $25 - Straight Jacket
    $35 - VSOR
    $40 - Strawberry Jacket b2
    $30 - Ryeway to Heaven
    $35 - VSOD
    $40 - Boss Jacket
    $35 - Cuvee De Grace
    $40 - 10 Year Beer

Cost per 4pk for Deep Wood 2020/2021 at brewery
    $40 - Supermassive Café Deth
    $40 - Mixed Berry Ryeway
    $30 - Thundertaker
    $25 - Deth's Tar
    $30 - Café Deth
    $40 - Maple Deth
    $25 - Straight Jacket
    $40 - Deth by Cherries
    $40 - Honey Jacket
    $30 - Ryeway To Heaven
    $40 - Double Barrel VSOD
    $40 - Mineshaft Gap
    $40 - Apple Brandy Ryeway
    $40 - On and On Part 1 (Half Acre collab)

9. KCUnited

KCUnited Savant (1,038) Nov 11, 2014 Arizona
    Trader

"Well buggers" error messages galore

GuyFawkes and flat_lander like this.
  10. whatruDOINdragic

whatruDOINdragic Zealot (670) Aug 22, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I respectfully reiterate my request that a no proxies rule is imposed for this release. @BeerCruncher

11. VinHalen54

Now that COVID rules are less restrictive, perhaps it is time to revisit this. It has been awfully nice of Rev to allow folks to pick up 5 total orders this past year (typically your own and a proxy for 4 others). They have set limits on how much they sell for the HIGH ROLLERS (i.e. Fight Club, not that I'm talking about Fight Club) that typically occurs on the Monday before the public sale starts on Tuesday. That early allocation has sold out for crowlers and some 4pks in the past. (I am NOT talking about Fight Club)
    I am sure that some enterprising person would be happy to order their own allocation, as well as their grandma's, grandpa's, aunt's and uncle's, so maybe limit the pickups to three total orders? To cut it off entirely would send a shitload of people their way, and we still want to try and limit how many people are congregating, right?
    Folks will cry about it no matter how they handle it, but with the Rev track record, I trust Rev to do what's best for the customers and for them.
    IN REV I TRUST.

12. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Maybe dial it back to allow for your pick up and one other (or two even). Five has always seemed like a lot to me. But hey, I've certainly benefited from allowing proxies at a lot of breweries over the last year, Rev included. If they do away with it, I'll just make the drive for this one. All good either way for me.

13. monstershu

monstershu Crusader (426) Jun 10, 2020 Illinois
    Trader

I don’t know what your level of “high roller” is, but the level to be invited into the VIP level is really not that high. I haven’t bought more than one of each offering at each release (and sometimes only 2 of 3 options) and go to the brewery and eat about every 3 months since 2019 and I get the VIP email.

it’s really not that much of an expense.

TomFoolery_x, ChicagoJ and bread_c like this.
  14. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Zealot (612) Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Don’t show this to my wife please

15. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm not sure my heart can take this many of my favorite Deep Woods releases simultaneously. But I'm going to take the chance.

16. TomFoolery_x

TomFoolery_x Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Was kinda hoping we could go back to a normal release, i.e stand in line and wait while getting unusually drunk with line shares. I guess still a pipe dream

4DAloveofSTOUT and ChicagoJ like this.
  17. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Grand Pooh-Bah (5,364) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have never disagreed more vehemently with a post on this website. :sunglasses:

18. ktr5010

ktr5010 Savant (1,016) Dec 12, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

I do wonder when it'll spill over past $40 per 4 pack with increased costs for cans and other packaging materials, not to mention raw brewing materials and bourbon barrels. At some point that has to be passed along to the consumer. Rev has the benefit of being a larger scale operation than Side Project and most other breweries aside from Goose so profit margins don't necessarily need to be as high which keeps us coming back for more. Their prices have stayed fairly flat since the move to cans in 2017 with some escalation on higher end stuff but that's not unexpected. I think somewhere in the $55-60 range is where I'd start to hesitate on not getting multiple 4 packs of something I really want or would maybe not get one of the other releases.

ChicagoJ, FBarber and flat_lander like this.
  19. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Pooh-Bah (2,629) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Great resource. Need to add 20/21 Cuvée

FBarber likes this.
  20. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,161) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

@BeerCruncher there is no way to use our Rev Rewards for the July dark Woods release is there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.