Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Riverside Tasting groups? BA's?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Beeranator, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeranator

Beeranator Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I grew up in Riverside and went away for college-work I now Live in NC, I am coming home for the holidays and was wondering if there are any beer groups/ get togethers or tastings I can Attend. I am bringing some East coast goodies.

I'll be in town Christmas Week.

Cheers!

2. pixiesfanyo

pixiesfanyo Initiate (134) Oct 25, 2010 California

Go to the Salted Pig.

3. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Go to Killarney's.

4. Beeranator

Beeranator Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I've been wanting to go to the Salted pig but never actually get around to it. I haven't heard of killarneys as being a craft beer destination.

5. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

6. t0rin0

t0rin0 Poo-Bah (2,315) Dec 30, 2006 California

I just moved to Riverslime. Salted Pig is legit, though overly hipster, but that comes with territory. Killarneys is a serious 9bro9 hang out during certain hours but they have a really good tap list. Wick's has some decent guest beers if you can't handle their house beers and next door (literally) very soon there will be another tasting room. There are some other breweries open now in the immediate area that are varying degrees of awful but you might as well check them out once.

As for tastings, I'm sure there are some people that like to do bottle shares. I'm kind of burned out on the latest and greatest hyped up beers but I'm always up for meeting people and checking out new places. I won't be around for Christmas but if you're out this way any other time let me know.

TheComish likes this.
  7. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Initiate (78) Jul 14, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Packinghouse Brewery does btl shares from time to time, as well as Wick's. If you're in the Corona area, I recommend hitting up Taps. SteamHaus is across the way from Taps and they have decent beers on tap, also don't forget to hit El Cerrito to take btls back home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.