Rochester BA: Whistle Binkies Jan 17.

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by shawnp, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnp

shawnp Aspirant (235) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

2. jawzman

jawzman Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Minnesota

I am planning on it. Finally get to try Black Note.

3. jera1350

jera1350 Poo-Bah (2,192) Dec 15, 2007 Minnesota

I actually like the BA 9000 quite a bit better than Black Note. Worth a try.

4. Bond111

Bond111 Aspirant (227) Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Goddamnit, I have to work that night!!! I've never tried any of these, and would love to. Maybe I can get my ASM to switch shifts with me?

5. jawzman

No worries, I'll be trying them all...

6. shawnp

Beer Trader

Get
    Get on it!!!

7. RKPStogie

RKPStogie Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I should be able to make it.

8. aliving1

aliving1 Aspirant (268) Aug 3, 2011 Minnesota

I should be able to make it. I've been wanting to try BA Batch 9000.

9. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (3,444) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Hmmmmm. I just happen to be in Austin, MN on 1/17. The main problem would be driving back.

10. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Initiate (48) May 15, 2008 Minnesota

Son of a bitch! I fly to Arizona that night! Might have to try and swing by on my way to the airport.

11. shawnp

Beer Trader

Don't try....do.

12. jawzman

What time will you be heading up there?

13. shawnp

Beer Trader

Probably right at tap time. I want to secure Back Note and 9000, I don't imagine it will be too busy to get one of each but those two might be the most sought after...I can BM you my number if you want and we can keep in touch.

14. Seefeldt

I'll try to. If I come I will have my wife, my daughter, and my buddy that's traveling to AZ with me...I'll let you know.

15. Bond111

Beer Trader

I managed to switch shifts with my ASM, but depending on how busy we are, will dictate if I can leave at 4 or 6...Hopefully it will be the former so I can go home and change and head right over. Not sure how many of us BA's are going, but are we able to push some tables together or something? Seems like this place is always busy, and even more so when I went there for WET tapping.

16. Seefeldt

I won't be able to make it unfortunately.
    Binkies is cool about pushing tables together or anywhere you want them if they are available, but yeah it's always packed, I can't think of the last time I haven't seen it packed on a Thursday night regardless of if there is a special tapping going on.

17. jawzman

BM sent.

18. Bond111

Beer Trader

I'm going to try to get there around 4:30-4:45 range, just to make sure I can at least try BA 9000 & Black Note, though I've never had any of them. Do they just do 10-12oz pours, or will they offer flights?

19. Seefeldt

They do flights of what they have on tap regularly...not sure if they would let you for an event like this.

20. aliving1

Just leaving work now. Should be there a little before 5

21. shawnp

Beer Trader

I just sent Jawzman a text, I might not be there until well after 5. I have a daycare conflict...

22. RKPStogie

RKPStogie Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Still stuck at work

23. Bond111

Beer Trader

Aliving & I are sitting at a small table to the left of the entrance as you are coming in. I'm in a blue & white check button up.

24. jawzman

What? Where are you? I am right where you say you are, black 3FFF button up...

25. mypenguin

mypenguin Initiate (166) Jul 21, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Good to see you jawzman. Also we will need to confirm a 10 tap Bells takeover at the tap house on Thursday Feb 21. Man that BB aged Batch 9000 was damn tasty. The Cherry stout was much better after it warmed up. I didn't care for the spiced stout, and the Black Note was also very good. The winner had to be the BB 9000 though.

26. jawzman

Likewise, good times. I will follow up on the 21st, more BA9K!!!

27. joshuaseresse

joshuaseresse Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2009 Minnesota

I enjoyed my time there last night. The beer was great and at an awesome price. The bells rep was kind of a dick though...but whatever.

28. Bond111

Beer Trader

I think in the future, we need a big table reserved for BA members. BA9K was very, very good. Black note was pretty tasty, but I liked cherry maybe a touch more, love the tartness mixed with all those toasty stout characteristics. Harry's was kind of mediocre. Nutmeg came out a bunch as it warmed.

29. jawzman

Can you reserve tables there? If so, we absolutely should do this in the future. Nice to meet you last night, btw...

30. aliving1

There were tables reserved when I got there, I don't think they were there for the Bells though. It was nice to meet you and thanks again for that round. Will have to make it to Lake City sooner than later.

31. Bond111

Beer Trader

Great to meet you as well!! I should also assume you were the kind person that bought me a round? It was much appreciated. I'll have to rum the favor.

Aliving1, it was fun hanging out with you again. We all need to have a tasting some night soon.

32. mypenguin

mypenguin Initiate (166) Jul 21, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I almost cried today when I found out the BA B9000 lasted until Saturday. I should have gone back after Thursday.

33. Seefeldt

Yes you can reserve tables in the fireside area. There is some minimum bill requirement now based on people reserving it and not ordering anything (tupperware, jewelry parties, etc), but it's not too bad, I've reserved it for many a celebration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.