Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Belgium Rodenbach drinking order

Discussion in 'Europe' started by monty2000, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monty2000

monty2000 Dec 17, 2008 Norway

I am going to serve Rodenbach Vintage, Grand Cru and Caractere Rogue to some friends next weekend,

The Caractere Rouge will be served last. But what is best; Vintage before Grand Cru or Grand Cru before Vintage ?

Suggestions ?

2. Dennoman

Dennoman Aug 20, 2011 Belgium

Grand Cru is definitely mellower imo, so if you want to taste anything after the Vintage, I'd go for that.

My personal order would be:

Grand Cru - Caractère - Vintage
    monty2000 likes this.
  3. claaark13

claaark13 Nov 29, 2007 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Which batch of Rouge?
  4. monty2000

monty2000 Dec 17, 2008 Norway

Second Batch. I have 12 bottles in my cellar :)
  5. ManforallSaisons

ManforallSaisons Mar 20, 2008 Belgium

Jealous! Great idea for a tasting. The question will arise: Is there such a thing as "enough" Rodenbach in one sitting? I am usu. using Grand Cru as a session opener to turn the palate on and make it receptive for all to come. In that case, there could be an argument that any order may reveal new and different things. I think you have to do a 6-way tasting and report back.
    MNBeerGeek and monty2000 like this.
  6. BelgianBeerPope

BelgianBeerPope Aug 10, 2012 Belgium

I'll back the order from Dennoman :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!