Rogers AK - Where to shop?

Discussion in 'South' started by wiescins, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiescins

wiescins Disciple (309) Dec 16, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'm heading to Rogers next week and will have a few hours to hit some beer/homebrewing stores. Any suggestions? The nearest places I found on here were in Fayetteville.

Thanks for the help!

Marc

2. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (7,449) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Macadoodles in Springdale is close & pretty good. Mellow Mushroom is a good lunch/beer stop. It may be worth you while to take a short drive north up US 71 to the Macadoodles on the Missouri side in Jane/Caverna

3. rtrasr

rtrasr Disciple (318) Feb 16, 2009 Arkansas

Liquor World and Crossover Liquor in Fayetteville. Go to Mellow Mushroom in Rogers and order a Fossil Cove Paleo Pale Ale on tap. One of the better pale ales anywhere and brewed in Fayetteville Also, check out Tusk and Trotter off the Bentonville Square. Look for selections from Core and Saddlebock on tap. Both of those brewed in Springdale. Core's Red IPA is outstanding.

4. russpowell

Beer Trader

Liqour world is better than Macadoodles in Springdale to be sure, wasn't sure how far was too far for the OP. I will have to check out Tusk & Trotter next time I'm in the area...

5. rtrasr

rtrasr Disciple (318) Feb 16, 2009 Arkansas

I would highly recommend it. You will enjoy it.

6. capnamerica

capnamerica Devotee (427) Feb 19, 2013 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Macadoodles in Jane is far better than the Springdale location including Bell's, Stone, and Lagunitas. Other than that Mellow Mushroom has some good taps and stop by Fossil Cove, Core, and maybe Saddlebock (only if you have time on this one).

7. ubenumber2

ubenumber2 Devotee (468) Sep 1, 2012 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

Come on someone has to be a smart ass first " I can't even find Rogers Alaska on a Map never mind a beer store there" , haha sorry Couldn't help myself , and yeah I'm of no use to this post what at all

8. wiescins

Beer Trader

Thanks for all the reply's! It was a good trip, short, but productive. Didn't stop at Mellow Mushroom, but will next time. I was able to hit most of the places noted (2x in Fayetteville, Macadoodles in Springdale & Just inside MO). All really good places. Thanks again, looking forward to my next trip to AR!

9. russpowell

Beer Trader

:stuck_out_tongue:
    That's why that Jane, Mo Macacdoodles was so picked over today....

Hope you found some good stuff...

10. wiescins

Beer Trader

Actually didn't buy anything there, thought about some rubeaus but figured I would find some back home. Picked up some Boulevard in Springdale though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.