Root + Branch Brewing

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Shawn_Sins, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TangoJuliet

TangoJuliet Disciple (308) Apr 2, 2014 New York
    Trader

Kevin (and Dave) are awesome. Nice to see them fighting this nonsense.

BellportBeer and guinness77 like this.
  2. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,197) Jan 6, 2014 New York

As you probably know, they’ve been in the business too long. They’ve always done the right thing (as far as I know) since the beginning. I consider Dave a friend and I’d say he’s one of the pioneers in terms of good beer on LI. I happily made the 45-min ride to Bellport back in the day and I still try to stop there if I’m ever out there.

Saying that, It’s amazing that someone from LR Bev still feels the need to respond to every comment on R+B’s last post. Didn’t you apologize? At 3am? When you’d already received at least 25 1-Star reviews on google and yelp each? On “our story,” so hopefully this will be all brushed under the rug when 24-hours passes instead of an actual post that would stay on their page?

Yep, they’re real fucking sorry. Now, “COME IN AND GET SOME SHIT FROM VERMONT!! Not the SNOWFLAKES THOUGH, SAD!”
    Fuck you

3. Comparison_Ford

Comparison_Ford Disciple (373) Apr 4, 2014 New York
    Trader

Bellport is what we all wish our local distributor was. Dave is a class act and it's evident in his customer service and selection.

Great bottle shop.

4. TangoJuliet

TangoJuliet Disciple (308) Apr 2, 2014 New York
    Trader

Dave, Kevin (and Wendy when she was there) always did the right thing....even when the right thing probably pissed some people off. I understand the reason why Dave does some of the things he does but there is NO WAY you can say he only cares about himself. Take for example what he did with the BCBS variants this year (and for the past couple years for that matter). You think these clowns at LR would ever do something like that?

What gets me though is LR carries on like nothing happened. They remove the negative reviews....not sure how they can get away with that. Then they post hey come get this 2 month old VT stuff we've had in our basement - maybe that'll get people to come back.

And what's sad is a couple of my friends were going to do just that. I don't care if they got half price whalez for sale.....I'm not supporting them.

5. ScottKramer

ScottKramer Initiate (57) May 27, 2016 New York
    Trader

In 2006 I walked into Bellport beer and Dave started me down the great path from terrible beers to enjoying it as a passion. He told me to buy BCS in 2007 even though no one on LI was buying it, and he helped host a share in 2015 where I tasted my first OH beer which blew my mind. Clearly a great guy, always helping the community, biggest hearted person I know, and highly recommend a visit to the store for anyone who is nearby!

BellportBeer, Xerlic, dar482 and 5 others like this.
  6. xenjoiii

xenjoiii Disciple (311) Jul 24, 2010 New York

Dave is a class act. He’s done so much for the Long Island brewing community, and his shop has had one of the best selections on LI for years.

We filed a complaint to the SLA on Saturday, in regards to what transpired this weekend. Brewers need to be more vocal about issues like this.

What infuriated me the most was the fact that they had our beer for sale at their store 30 minutes into our release. They stole potential direct business from us with our own product.

7. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (544) Aug 18, 2012 New York

And potentially stole beer from someone who could have lined up and been shut out...for their profit.

I remember this was a big issue with OH for awhile in the beginning. Stores buying up cases and reselling for profit while honest people line up and got shut out.

BellportBeer likes this.
  8. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,197) Jan 6, 2014 New York

LR Bev is in major crisis control mode. This is the last I’m commenting on this but they are getting every negative review of their shop on the web deleted (even on yelp. I didn’t know that was possible) and they’re getting friends of them to post 5-star reviews of the store to balance off whatever few 1-star reviews haven’t been deleted. Every new positive reviews are by people who have never reviewed any other business before, period.

9. xenjoiii

xenjoiii Disciple (311) Jul 24, 2010 New York

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve contacted yelp and google about the issue. Awaiting responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.