Route 15 breweries between Harrisburg & Corning

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Lucular, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucular

Lucular Jun 20, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

I'll be doing a road trip tomorrow taking Route 15 between Harrisburg to Corning, NY. On previous trips I've stopped at Yorkholo, Bullfrog, Selin's Grove Brewing and a couple of others. Are there any up-and-coming breweries I should try that aren't too far out of the way?

2. JonB25

JonB25 Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Trader

New Trail in Williamsport

3. 717

717 Sep 17, 2009 Pennsylvania

Out of your way, but you can get Rotunda beers at Irv's pub in Hershey and the Batdorf in Lebanon.

NodEast likes this.
  4. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

Corning has a few new ones apparently. I would think your only hope on 15 from Harrisburg to Corning would be anything in Selinsgrove, Lewisburg, Williamsport, and Mansfield. What about Rusty Rail in Mifflinburg? Would be about 10? minutes out of the way. Another one is Marzoni's on 15 in Selinsgrove. Not sure how their beer is though.

Lucular likes this.
  5. SLeffler27

SLeffler27 Feb 24, 2008 New York
    Society Trader

We take this trip fairly frequently, but have never stopped between these points. I am very interested to read what others have to say. Thanks for asking.

6. MacMalt

MacMalt Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Danville, about 15 minutes east of Route 15, has two breweries: Olde Forge and Rock God. The Bull Run Tap House in Lewisburg often serves beers brewed locally by West Branch Craft Brewing.

7. MaltheadWeirdo

MaltheadWeirdo Nov 18, 2015 Pennsylvania

There's a second brewery in Selinsgrove now, Que Brew Crew.

There's a second brewery in downtown Williamsport, Boom City Brewing, although I wasn't terribly impressed with either their food or their beer when I was there. (Not actually bad, just nothing that stood out enough to make them worth a stop. Disclaimer: it's been a year since.)

New Trail in Newberry (Williamsport) has had to close their taproom due to a zoning issue. How the hell that happens after it's already opened, I have no idea and they don't seem to be saying, but it's happened. They do open up for take-out sales only once a week or so, check Facebook.

If you've not been to Riepstein's in Newberry, their beer is good but I thought their food was over-priced. (Their menu last time I visited also contained a pricing error which they refused to honor, so that's a big turn-off for me.)

Someone up-thread mentioned Marzonis. I've only been there once but their beer was delicious, as was the pizza.

8. JonB25

JonB25 Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Trader

West Branch closed.

MacMalt likes this.
  9. MacMalt

MacMalt Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Didn't know. Thanks. Not a big loss but I still like to stop at Bull Run when I'm in Lewisburg. Many good memories there!

10. TomFoley

TomFoley Mar 19, 2005 Pennsylvania

Rusty Rail in Mifflinburg is worth the stop.

11. woodychandler

woodychandler Apr 9, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

12. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Feb 19, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Peche is on at SGB

MaltheadWeirdo likes this.
  13. TomFoley

TomFoley Mar 19, 2005 Pennsylvania

I try to keep everything a secret from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.