Royalton area beer store

Discussion in 'New England' started by mrmattosgood, Jul 11, 2019.

1. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Initiate (129) Nov 6, 2010 Monaco
    Trader

Hey -- I'm driving through Vermont on my way to Lake Placid for a wedding. The plan is to stop at Worthy Burger for lunch then proceed on. It's about the halfway mark. The route is basically route 100/125 until New York.

Are there any beer stores on this route that I could find the usual Vermont favorites to go?

I may hit up Lawson's on the way home (but more leaning toward Three Penny), so please leave this out of your suggestions (although finding some Double Sunshine would be fun for the weekend).

Thanks, homies.

2. MattOC

MattOC Disciple (338) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

This spot could be worth a shot. It's less than a 10 minute walk from Worthy and the home page says they have Lawson's regularly in stock.

http://soromarket.com/

mrmattosgood likes this.
  3. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,791) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

(even though you said to leave Lawson's out of suggestions)

You could kill two birds with one stone and hit the new Worthy Burger location about 3 minutes from Lawson's Finest. A few good beer stores right there too.

Also, seems like you may drive right by White River Junction. Crowler Pit at Big Fatty's would have a great selection of cans/etc. Plus River Roost in same parking lot (right @papposilenus )

Jwale73 and papposilenus like this.
  4. jhavs

Society Trader

And @MattOC is right. The South Royalton Market has a small, but well selected craft beer section and is right by Worthy Burger, like 300 ft. They have a small selection of taps for growlers too (at least last summer they did).

5. redbill

redbill Initiate (20) Nov 29, 2018 Massachusetts

I stopped there a couple weeks ago when hitting WB, they still had growler fills (but mine were full of HF, so I didn't pay attention to them). There's another place at the gas station on the main road, but the selection was just so/so.

jhavs likes this.
  6. Dukies222001

Dukies222001 Initiate (105) Oct 21, 2016 New Hampshire

Also should swing into Upper Pass if they are open.

7. papposilenus

papposilenus Meyvn (1,206) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire

This should probably be a sticky at the top of the forum.

Also, even though we're definitely not talking about Lawsons, they appear to be sold out of Double and Triple Sunshine cans at Waitsfield, which doesn't bode well for retail availability elsewhere.

jhavs likes this.
  8. jhavs

Society Trader

Wow. I haven’t seen both of them out since open. I’m heading there Sunday. Wasn’t planning on getting cans myself, but people I’m going with probably planned on it.

9. redbill

redbill Initiate (20) Nov 29, 2018 Massachusetts

I think I saw a Lawson Twitter post yesterday that they just canned Double.

10. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Initiate (129) Nov 6, 2010 Monaco
    Trader

Review:

Made a change of plans and did Lawson's on Friday about noon time. I was happy to see Double Sunshine available (it'd probably been six or seven years since I've had it). In a world of shitty haze bombs, this is exactly what I want in a double IPA. We left with a four-pack of that, the Scrag Pils (wonderful beer, btw), and knockout blonde.

We did Worthy Burger on the way home. Good Measure Cream Ale was what the doctor ordered after my attempt to single-handedly rid Lake Placid, NY of their Hendrick's stock the night before.

jhavs likes this.