Ruination 2.0 First Impressions!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DEdesings57, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jageraholic

jageraholic Disciple (329) Sep 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Sounds a lot like ruinten, which I loved, with a little less alcohol. A few new hops though so looking forward to trying it depending on the price point. But I wouldn't want Ruinten to permanently take over Ruination.

chcfan likes this.
  2. BWM-77

BWM-77 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Kentucky

No doubt! Delicious was a huge let down for me. Hopefully this 2.0 delivers!

jakecattleco and leantom like this.
  3. Dansac

Dansac Initiate (137) Dec 6, 2014 California
    Trader

I have no idea how anyone can think this is any less aromatic than the original Ruination. Honestly, I can't think of a single aspect where this one isn't superior. It's a much better beer, and it's going to be my go-to six pack for double IPA for the moment. Just delicious.

4. Genuine

Genuine Devotee (442) May 7, 2009 Connecticut

Once it arrives in my area I'll be picking some up. Pretty stoked for it!

StoneBrewing likes this.
  5. SchmittHappens

SchmittHappens Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2013 New Jersey

sounds like some price gouging BS to me
    6.99$ a bomber and 12.99$ a six in my store

#45 SchmittHappens, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  6. hoagzzz

hoagzzz Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Pennsylvania

Grabbed a sixer last night in jersey $12.99. Pretty damn good but doubt I'll seek it out like enjoy by. For what it's worth ruination classic always died in the shelves around here.. So changing it up a good move in my view.

7. encladd

encladd Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2015 California

For those of you looking for something closer to the original Ruination, give Wipeout a try.

FutureJack likes this.
  8. MisSigsFan

MisSigsFan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2013 California

This shit's delicious. Job well done Stone!

I don't know about Wipeout. Maybe Mongo.

StoneBrewing likes this.
  9. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2009 California

+1 for "solid"

10. HunterSBeerson

HunterSBeerson Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 California

Let's face it, this is amazing! It has the in your face bitterness you expect from Ruination with an extra touch of citrus. This beer adds depth to the original, which was already great. On top of that, it is cheaper to buy than Sculpin!

StoneBrewing likes this.
  11. FaradayUncaged

FaradayUncaged Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Michigan

Completely agree with you on this one. Drank fantastically last night. $7 bomber format was great, but I would gladly pick this up in sixer form and keep some on hand.

Never really a fan of the filtered look of a DIPA, but other than that it was really good.

surfcaster and StoneBrewing like this.
  12. chrisjws

chrisjws Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 California

Picked up a 12oz single dated to enjoy by 07/06/15. I assume that means it was bottled on April 6th. So roughly 3 weeks old.

A: See through, half a finger of head.
    S: Super piney on the nose. Some herbal scents... basil? Some grapefruit, some sweetness in the background. Not as pronounced as I'd hope.
    T: Bitter and piney upfront. Some citrus, mostly grapefruit and orange peel. Sweetness comes through in the middle mouth.
    M: Moderate mouthfeel. Some bite from the carbonation. Finishes up really dry.
    O: Very good DIPA. I was disappointed a bit in the nose but overall this drinks very nicely. I was a huge fan of 1.0, 1.1, and now 2.0.

13. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

14. Dansac

Dansac Initiate (137) Dec 6, 2014 California
    Trader

I was also let down by the nose. It was a bit shallow. It was also a bit boozy, which I found abrasive. But the middle of the mouth had a very nice, full bodied bitterness and sweetness. It's not nearly as good as Enjoy By, or RuinTen. But it's a very nice beer, indeed. Superior to Ruination.

StoneBrewing likes this.
  15. surfcaster

surfcaster Zealot (553) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Another solid DIPA option and believe it or not, this one has enough cred/distro to show up on a menu here and there in places where DIPAs may not normally make it on the bottle list.

Welcome back. Not looking to have my life changed, just another really really good brew.

Thanks, Stone.

StoneBrewing and StoneGreg like this.
  16. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,035) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

My only impression is, where the hell is it? :rolling_eyes: We get Stone out here, dammit! Hell, I love Stone's beer - but I haven't seen it in any of the stores on LI yet... :angry: lol

17. Hair

Hair Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2006 California

Alcohol isn't sweet, nor tropical, nor fruity. You are the one that is confused.

It is the hops. He's wrong. Alcohol does not have a tropical fruit aroma nor sweetness.

markgugs and Sneers like this.
  18. 19etz55

19etz55 Disciple (304) Aug 12, 2007 New Jersey
    Trader

Had one last night. Really enjoyed it.
    Gave it a 8.5/10. Will buy it again
    for sure.

StoneBrewing likes this.
  19. spaceman24

spaceman24 Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2008 Texas

I'm going to need to see your hop head club membership card before I can trust your opinion.

20. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Defender (633) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

LOL, I just didnt want to hear the whole "You must not like hops if you dont like this beer comment". While this beer has grown on me as I work through the six-pack, I still hold original ruination as a better beer.

21. spaceman24

spaceman24 Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2008 Texas

I hear you. There are some knuckleheads around here and I was just kidding you. I'll try to check this beer out soon, but it's been so long since I've had Ruination that I probably won't have a reference for it. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.