Russian River Blind Pig Mason Jar

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by elNopalero, Nov 6, 2019.

1. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (3,410) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Society Trader

I've had a mason jar with the Blind Pig logo printed on it for longer than I can remember--maybe a decade? It's cracked, and it doesn't appear like RR sells it any longer. Anyone else familiar with this? I've scoured the interwebs for an image and found nothing. I'm guessing it had a limited run, but I wish they'd bring it back!

2. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,520) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

3. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,195) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Trader

I believe that was the original name and logo of Russian River Brewing... Assuming it's the same logo as the Blind Pig beer.

4. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,520) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Blind Pig Brewing was a brewery in Temecula, CA where Vinnie was the head brewer before opening Russian River Brewing, and that mason jar glass could have come from there. I didn't look any further to see what happened to Blind Pig Brewin other than it's not listed in the BA database, even as a closed place.

Here's info from Wikipedia:
    "Russian River Brewing Company was created in 1997 when Korbel Champagne Cellars of Guerneville, California decided to try their hand at brewing beer.[2] Brewer Vinnie Cilurzo was hired as brewmaster. Brettanomyces, Cilurzo's favorite component of lambic beers, were first used with local wine barrels in 1999 for production of sour beers.[3] Korbel quit the brewing business, and sold the brewery to Cilurzo and his wife Natalie in 2002. Russian River, remodeled and expanded in 2004, eventually moving to Santa Rosa, at their current 4th Street location. Cilurzo is regarded as one of the most innovative microbrewers in the country[4] and credited with inventing the beer style Double India Pale Ale, known alternately as Imperial IPA, when he was the head brewer at Blind Pig Brewing Company in Temecula, California."

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  5. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (3,410) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Society Trader

Oh I should have made clear, it was a Blind Pig from Russian River logo, not just any ol’ run of the mill speakeasy. This is a classy joint here!

I kept meaning to figure out how to post a photo of it in the comment thread, but sudsy hands can be slippery and, well, that hairline crack has been overshadowed. (Yup, it shattered while I was washing it up.).

PapaGoose03 likes this.