SA Pumpkinator Release

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Jack_Around, Sep 18, 2013.

1. icetrauma

icetrauma Sep 7, 2004 Texas

You don't know the power of the Pumpkinator. I keeeed I keeeeed

FUNKPhD likes this.
  2. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Apr 26, 2007 Texas

A lot of the major retailers should be getting it today.

3. Hdredfern

Hdredfern Feb 16, 2012 Texas

I will trade my homebrew IPA (which may or may not taste like HT, I don't know I haven't ever had it so I'm just guessing what it may taste like {fair warning, my homebrew IPA tastes like crap}) for some Pumpkinator

ChanceK and Beernerds like this.
  4. Grendle

Grendle Apr 11, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Just arrived in San Antonio this morning and was able to split a case with a buddy. No way in hell do I need a entire case. :D

5. Grendle

Beer Trader

Here already Scott hit up HEB 1604.

pwsoldier likes this.
  6. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

HT tastes like crap. If the crap in question tasted like unicorn tears and skittles.

7. Hdredfern

Were they tears of joy or anguish?

8. nathanmiller

nathanmiller Oct 7, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

I heard from a friend who bought a bottle at Specs that it leaked a lot in his car. He contacted SA & Specs.

9. saint0r

saint0r Aug 8, 2013 Texas

Someone on twitter was complaining about the capping issue. After reading nathanmiller's reply, i'd bet it was his buddy.

nsheehan likes this.
  10. Hdredfern

so was this all out of the same case? where abouts are y'all located?

11. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Jul 26, 2012 Arizona
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Most DFW places should have it tomorrow, and some up north should have it today. CM Lovers was a 1 bottle limit yesterday.

12. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Aug 22, 2012 Texas

Yes, because he knows it is rare.

13. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Just an FYI I scored bottles at the CM in Southlake (FW). They broke open the first case to sell to me. I have no idea how much they have for sale but they did not limit my purchase. I picked up four bottles. Two for me and two for a friend who was also on the hunt. No idea if the bottles are going on the floor so you may have to plead with an employee.

14. WickedD365

WickedD365 May 16, 2013 Texas

2013 Pumpkinator is the BOMB!! Was able to round up the 3 I wanted.
    SO tasty and smooth. Best one yet IMO. Looking forward to aging my last 2 bottles.
    Will bust out my 2012 on Thanksgiving.

15. channels321

channels321 Apr 16, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Grabbed 4 bottles of Pumpkinator today. I did notice that a lot of the caps were crooked so I just grabbed the straightest ones I could find and as someone else noted they all had different fill lines (not really a big problem for me)

16. mdeluna

mdeluna Mar 6, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I was able to get 4 today.. 1 was a 2012.. apparently our Specs in Beaumont got just one case of each, wtf? Also the limit was one so it was either you're getting a 2012, or a 2013. :|..

I'm so glad we got Miller's though, I was able to get as many as I wanted there.. just a heads up if there is actually another person from Beaumont on these forums.

17. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Miller Lite Pumpkin Ale

18. mdeluna

Beer Trader

Miller's liquor store foo!

19. squirrely2005

squirrely2005 Aug 26, 2011 Texas

So where is this in San Antonio so far? Any hebs would be awesome. I don't get out until 10. My local HEB didn't have it when I checked before work.

20. awinkro

awinkro Oct 15, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

For those that are experiencing leaky crowns, contact info@saintarnold.com. In your message, please provide the number series on the neck of the bottle. We'll replace the bottle(s).

Thanks,

Aaron

21. Theortiz01

Theortiz01 Jun 7, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Just tried that email and it does not work.

22. catloree

catloree Jun 18, 2009 Texas

Goody Goody Liquor in Little Elm (north of Dallas) has Pumpkinator, as does the Kroger across the street. It's on the shelf at Kroger, and they still had a good amount when I was there a few minutes ago.

Goody Goody had no idea where it was, but the manager insisted they had gotten a shipment. They had to search for 10 minutes to find it in the back. I got the first 3 bottles out of the 24 that they had. I don't know if they were planning to put the rest on the shelf later today or not.

23. awinkro

awinkro Oct 15, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

24. mdeluna

Beer Trader

How exactly would this work? I just noticed a few of my bottles have it.

25. kjkinsey

kjkinsey Jun 22, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

Speaking of crooked caps, 1 of my bottles was leaking by the time I made it home. Anyone else have this issue?

26. HopAG

HopAG Sep 22, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Ouch... sounds like a reoccurring issue

27. Grendle

Beer Trader

My buddy and I split a case from the batch sent to San Antonio and no crown issues with any of our bombers. Hope it's a isolated problem.

28. cam_williams

cam_williams Oct 3, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I haven't checked mine, but when I grabbed one at HEB, the guy that got one in front of me brought it back within 10 seconds after picking it up because his was leaking already.

29. donkey_rhubarb85

donkey_rhubarb85 Aug 20, 2013 Texas

Specs on de zevala said they will probably get some at 4 today. Gabriel's said they'll probably get some tomorrow or Thursday

30. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

Bro, I can get you some "cellar aged" 2011 Sailing Santa. $225 a bottle. I kept it in my hypoberic chamber, bro.

WickedD365 and HopAG like this.
  31. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Two of my bottles have leaking caps so far, should have checked it before I left :(

32. Grendle

Beer Trader

Will you also be kind enough to sell these delicious and rare beers by letting them go for only $25 each?

33. Grendle

Beer Trader

Also expect a 1 bottle limit at Spec's De Zavala as they traditionally do.

34. ChanceK

ChanceK Feb 13, 2012 Texas

When I was at specs at the airport today, they said 2 bottle limit. But they had a 1 bottle limit. Does that make sense?

35. donkey_rhubarb85

donkey_rhubarb85 Aug 20, 2013 Texas

Alon HEB has some as well

36. avz66

avz66 Jun 30, 2013 Texas

I picked up one at krogers on 11th

37. WickedD365

WickedD365 May 16, 2013 Texas

Shutup and take my money!!

38. mdeluna

Beer Trader

Ok is there anything official from St. Arnold about this? What are we supposed to be looking for? Tilted caps or the level difference? I have a beer with less than the others but then I have a tilted cap, but no difference in level.

39. kmello69

kmello69 Nov 27, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Shake your bottle. If foam seeps out of the cap, you have an issue.

nsheehan, mdeluna and HopAG like this.
  40. mdeluna

Beer Trader

That helped, it looks like the tilted cap is indeed leaking, I find it odd that the beer with a lower level didn't leak though..

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe