Sam Adams Perfect Pint

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by BenwayPHD, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenwayPHD

BenwayPHD Aspirant (289) Sep 4, 2014 California

Have you guys tried this glass. I am thinking about buying it, but if it is no better than a normal pint glass, I am not interested.

2. BowWowWowYippyYoIPA

BowWowWowYippyYoIPA Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2014 California
    Deactivated

Are you paying more than $5? Do you really need a forum to help you make a decision?

With that being said, I love the perfect pint. It was my go to glass before I broke it.

3. Mike_Aguirre

Mike_Aguirre Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 Mexico

Maybe to increase your glassware collection.

Redrover likes this.
  4. Redrover

Redrover Poo-Bah (3,454) Jan 18, 2003 Wisconsin
    Society

I still have my two that were sent out to BA Mag subscribers. I love them and am on the lookout for more. Mine are now “well worn” as the logos are nearly off.

5. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (346) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

If his name is referring to being a PhD, then yes, he needs help on the $5 decision :slight_smile:.

red94tt likes this.
  6. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 California

$.99 at Goodwill

jimboothdesigns and yuichituba like this.
  7. PorterPro125

PorterPro125 Champion (851) Jan 19, 2013 Canada

I recently got a free 'Perfect Pint' Glass with a sixer of SA Cold Snap and I have to say that I do enjoy it. It's now my go to glass for an IPA/APA. I think they are worth the price as long as you aren't paying anything too much for them.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  8. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (3,175) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Society Trader

I used to use it all the time but now I prefer tulip glasses. It's a nice glass for the price.

9. nathanb47

nathanb47 Initiate (167) Dec 14, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

If you go on the sam adams tour here in Boston and you take the party trolley to Doyle's restaurant, your ticket from the tour gets you a free perfect pint with beer purchase. Probably have 8-10 of them by now beats having to buy glasses

Benigail, creepinjeeper and srgehl like this.
  10. SirBottlecap

I also found the 22oz version at Goodwill for $1.49. Not a scratch on either!

11. SirBottlecap

By the way, I really like mine, but I don't ever pour a whole 22oz into a glass. It will probably end up on a display shelf. Or better yet, a nice catch-all camping glass!

12. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Defender (661) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

I had the same question as the OP. I received one, free, with the purchase of a White Christmas sixer. It seems to be a solid glass; not thin or cheap. Have you noticed a difference in your drinking experience or an enhancement in smell and taste by using it?

13. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (346) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

A good glass does help the experience. Doesn't have to be this one. In general the specialty glasses focus on collecting aroma and concentrating it by your nose, which in turn contributes quite a bit to what you taste. The nucleation sites in some glasses contribute to the foam collar on the beer (and look good), and the IPA glasses with ripples in the lower section agitate the beer to refresh the head every time the glass is tipped. Tulips are great - they provide a large surface area for the aroma to come off of and then funnel it down into a smaller opening to concentrate it. Not completely unlike what the SA glass does.

14. wgb113

wgb113 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Pennsylvania

I like the Sam Adams glass as a good, solid all-around glass. I invested in about 2 dozen Spiegelau glasses and have been disappointed with how they hold up to simple hand washing. Thankfully I got a discount on them.

The SA glasses (12oz) are @ $7.50/ea around here.

15. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,509) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

I like the glass, if you want it buy it, it's not hard to get or expensive. I prefer a true Pils glass for my lagers and such anyway. Always looks nice too.

16. 50StateBeerTour

50StateBeerTour Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2016 Arkansas

It's a nice glass, but I think the "perfect" is mostly hype. As a gift with purchase, it's a great value.

creepinjeeper and LuskusDelph like this.
  17. BrewsingBuffalo

BrewsingBuffalo Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2015 New York

It's a quality glass. But there are tons of great options that have the same functionality, so honestly it comes down to what is most aesthetically pleasing to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.