Save For Later

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by SLeffler27, Nov 30, 2019.

1. SLeffler27

SLeffler27 Poo-Bah (2,166) Feb 24, 2008 New York
    Society Trader

Do others have the experience of starting a thread, or response just to be interrupted, or run short of time to finish? And if so, do you think it would be worthwhile for Beeradvocate to install a "Save for Later" feature?

This seems to be a prevalent issue for me, and I have resorted to typing in "Notes" or Word, then copy-pasting to BA. So not a save the world level problem, but still, it would be nice.

Premo88 likes this.
  2. Ipaupaweallpa

Ipaupaweallpa Initiate (179) Dec 26, 2014 Alabama

Sometimes. More so with responses. Sometimes I'll just be typing out something and

mikeinportc, ichorNet, jkrich and 2 others like this.
  3. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,533) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

@SLeffler27 There is an icon on the edit bar that is a diskette (just right of the + sign), and if you click on it, it will save your unfinished post as a draft in the compose box. When you come back to the thread to finish the post, your draft will be there in a dimmed status. Click in the compose box and finish what you're doing.

4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (6,919) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

Learn something new every day. Thanks for that!

5. SLeffler27

Society Trader

Let’s give this a whirl.

Holy Smoke! It worked. Not that I would have ever doubted @PapaGoose03.

All these years of anguish, suddenly the clouds of despair have parted. AND SERIOUSLY... Thank you.

6. SLeffler27

Society Trader

Now I’m tempted to push all these other buttons. Let’s see what this one will...

7. PapaGoose03

Society

I've actually never used that icon, but on my desktop I casually left my mouse pointer over it one day and a bubble showed up to tell me that it was for a Draft so I experimented to see how it works. If you're on a desktop your mouse will show you the way for the other icons. :wink:

8. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,846) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society Trader

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SLeffler27 likes this.
  9. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,099) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Since this was answered so quickly I'll hijack to ask a related question that's been on my mind;
    Is there a way to remove the draft saved in a thread response? Sometimes I'll be too drunk to be reasonable, but just sober enough to recognize that fact part way through my dumb ass response and will delete it. But then, every time I return to the thread the specter of my inebriated idiocy haunts me. Id love to be able to delete that and move on

10. PapaGoose03

Society

When you click on the Draft icon you get a box with a choice to Delete the draft along with a Save it. I just did it on this post to see what would happen, but nothing did. However, when I left this thread and came back the compose box was empty, so it worked.

11. SLeffler27

Society Trader

Well, now that I am an expert...

Yes. Yes there is. Just push the same button, and it offers two options:
    1. Save Draft
    2. Delete Draft
    And just in case anyone missed it, there are also buttons for bullet points or numbered bullets.

12. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,496) Sep 24, 2007 Saint Martin
    Trader

Well, I just type in something along the lines of " oops fatfinger" and post.

I lack techy skillz.

13. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Savant (959) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Society

:grin:

I erase it , &/or write something else.
    Didn't know about the button.:astonished: Whatever way my stuff is configured, it saves it automatically ,after a certain time. (30sec? 1 min?) . Usually takes me longer than that to post something. :stuck_out_tongue:

SLeffler27 likes this.