Schlafly Farmhouse IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by JLaw55, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLaw55

JLaw55 Pooh-Bah (2,193) Jul 10, 2014 Missouri
    Pooh-Bah Society

Looks like an interesting new addition to Schlafly's Special Release IPA Series.

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/09/schlafly-special-release-farmhouse-ipa.html

According to Schafly's Twitter page, they are having the release party today. Looks like this will slot in between Schlafly TIPA and Schlafly AIPA on the calendar.

jzlyo and Nachos4two like this.
  2. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

Saw this on shelves here last weekend and was thinking I had never heard of it before. New to their lineup explains that!

JLaw55 likes this.
  3. dlcarst

dlcarst Zealot (721) Aug 21, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

I saw it a week ago when I was out of town along with Double Bean Blonde (coffee & chocolate blonde). I was with the wife, bought the blonde for her, and figured I'd get the Farmhouse back at home. Still waiting on it here, but the blonde is pretty nice.

4. Harrison8

Harrison8 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,771) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Interesting. I'll have to pick some up. I really enjoyed their TIPA. Both my dad and I enjoyed their Irish Extra Stout special too. Wonder how this'll compare with Missouri's west side brewery - Boulevard's Tank 7.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  5. jacewg

jacewg Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2012 District of Columbia

If you had their Dry-Hopped Farmhouse Ale last year, it was the inspiration for this beer.

Dry-Hopped Farmhouse was phenomenal. Nice soft wheat malt base, balanced bitterness, and great yeast and hop interaction. So much Mosaic on the nose.

I'm looking forward to this one.

HopsAreDaMan and foundersfan1 like this.
  6. NellysBandaid

NellysBandaid Crusader (471) Feb 22, 2015 Missouri

I thought it was pretty good, but it's just not very hoppy. Calling it an IPA is a stretch, especially compared to the other's in the series (TIPA, AIPA).

foundersfan1 likes this.
  7. Groenebeor

Groenebeor Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2009 California

Right, 35 IBUs places this firmly into NOT AN IPA category. It's more likely a floral hopped saison, no?

NellysBandaid and foundersfan1 like this.
  8. NellysBandaid

NellysBandaid Crusader (471) Feb 22, 2015 Missouri

I'm drinking one now. I'd call it more of a "farmhouse" pale. I do get some tropical hops (Mosaic) in the smell, but the not much bitterness at all when I drink it. I'm liking it more and more. The hops and yeast work really well together.

HopsAreDaMan likes this.
  9. dlcarst

dlcarst Zealot (721) Aug 21, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

I got hold of some and I really like it. Keep in mind that it's a farmhouse IPA, not a farmhouse double IPA or imperial farmhouse IPA or anything like that. It's not super hoppy, but it's certainly more so than a normal farmhouse. Says only 35 IBU, but tastes like more to me. I think it's nicely balanced between the styles.

NellysBandaid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.