Scottsdale Restaurants with Solid Tap Lists

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by MCDForm, Jun 13, 2018.

1. MCDForm

MCDForm Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2010 California

I'm traveling to North Scottsdale for two nights with my kids and looking for restaurants that have great tap lists and solid food. A few years ago you guys did an awesome job of guiding me.

Also heading to a D-Backs game so any beer related tips for the game or area would be great.

2. Ten_SeventySix_Brewhouse

Ten_SeventySix_Brewhouse Initiate (128) Jul 20, 2016 Arizona

I don't spend a ton of time in North Scottsdale, but McFate's North location is a must, IMO, even if it's technically central Scottsdale. Good food, some of the best beers in the valley, and usually a couple of good guest taps. I might also check out Four Peaks. I've never been to that location, but if it's anything like the one in Tempe, the food is good, and the beer is better than decent if you don't mind supporting AB InBev. Maybe someone who is more familiar with the area will chime in, but I think you'll have more luck if you're willing to venture south to old town. There are plenty of recommendations there if you search the forums.

3. Beaverhuntr

Beaverhuntr Initiate (35) Apr 20, 2018 Arizona

Scottsdale has Gold Water Brewing Co in old town Scottsdale. You wont be far from Phoenix and you came at a pretty good time.. One of the best breweries in Phoenix ( Wren House ) is having their 3 year anniversary all this month and their tap lust is freaking amazing plus they have a beer release this Saturday. Also down the street is Wandering Tortoise they have a huge tap list. Both places are kid friendly too. Enjoy and cheers.

4. MCDForm

MCDForm Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2010 California

Thanks for the recs. We will be sure to head out of N. Scottsdale during the day so PHX anywhere is fair game as long as there's some sort of indoor activity nearby.

5. MonkeyBread

MonkeyBread Zealot (586) Apr 26, 2014 Nevada

McFate north location and Scottsdale Beer Company. They’re a block from each other. Both kid friendly and full food options. Stayed in north Scottsdale a number of times and these are the go to

6. bigbelcher

bigbelcher Zealot (590) Jul 10, 2003 Arizona

Here's a place totally off the beer radar that is worth visiting, GWIN Wine Bar off of Shea-across the street from McFate. Bobby who used to work at AZWine is the main guy there and brings in some really good beers. He normally has Elevated around as well as some hidden gems that you need to ask about. They also serve Cornish Pasties pies there. Your wife/GF may also like it that you are taking her to a 'wine bar' instead of a beer bar for a change. LOL

7. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,399) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

Braut Haus in Old Town. Right next to Goldwater Brewing.

8. M_D_A

M_D_A Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2014

I believe OHSO has a location up there. I like their Boom Dynamite IPA

9. mitchgx

mitchgx Initiate (122) Aug 7, 2005 Arizona

Might be late to the party here based on the date of the OP, but I think Craft 64 is a must for any beer (and pizza) lover visiting Scottsdale. 30+ taps of only AZ beers, and pizza that rivals the mighty Pizzeria Bianco (also the best caprese I've ever had). This is central Scottsdale (old-town) rather than North Scottsdale, but worth it.