Section for whiskey drinkers on BA?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Beersnake1, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,249) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

This might be an immediate "no", but wanted to put this out there and see what people thought. First, I don't see any equivalent of BA for whiskey drinkers. Second, it seems like there are quite a few beer drinkers (including me) on this site that are also into whiskey (mostly bourbon), and this appears to be increasing. In fact, some already post bourbon pics later in the WBAYDN threads. So, would it be possible to have a section on BA devoted to whiskey, and potentially have a WWAYDN thread? I realize this is a site dedicated to beer, but having both camps (if there are camps) on one site might be fun. This can only be beneficial to the beer community given that so many beers are aged in whiskey barrels of some kind. I apologize if this has been brought up before. I didn't see anything during my search.

PORK, GOBLIN and TrojanRB like this.
  2. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,480) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I confess, I do love my bourbon.

There used to be an “off topic” forum but that seems to have disappeared. This topic would’ve been a perfect fit.

FBarber, GOBLIN and Beersnake1 like this.
  3. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,416) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

I think there is an OT section that includes this, but is only open to Society members.

winehead247 and Beersnake1 like this.
  4. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,249) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I don't see it, and I'm a member. If there is one, it probably wouldn't be an ideal spot since it wouldn't be accessible to all.

gatornation and TrojanRB like this.
  5. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,480) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I’m a member....but it has either been deleted or is now impossible to find. I remember the video game and metal threads

6. Todd

Todd Founder (5,994) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

7. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (5,171) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

There was an "Other Beverages " a few month back it was open to all members it has since been removed.. I thoroughly enjoyed that thread and topics of not only Whiskies but all other spirits. Would love to see its return.

Edit:... must have been typing this post the same time Todd was above^^^. Still would like its return to all members.

#7 gatornation, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Bitterbill and Beersnake1 like this.
  8. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,416) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

That was the original point, to help increase Society memberships. It would be a benefit you would get with joining.

Anyway, looks like it's been taken down, so.....

9. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (1,936) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

We had exactly what you are describing in the off topic / other beverages forum before it was removed. There was a "What (bourbon, Scotch, rye, cocktail) are you drinking now" thread for each style and it was quite informative & enjoyable.

@Todd , I would be in favor of bringing the other beverages forum back.

BrewsOverHoes and dcotom like this.
  10. Todd

Todd Founder (5,994) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.