Share Your BA Meetup Stories

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by scream, May 6, 2019.

1. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Poo-Bah (1,943) Mar 7, 2013 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

I don't know how in demand it is as a destination for people in Alberta, but you're welcome to come to QC:stuck_out_tongue::wink: Someday I'll make it out there.

2. Buckeye55

Buckeye55 Poo-Bah (1,707) Jan 11, 2019 North Carolina
    Society

I'd like to plan a trip up there. Just have to make sure it's on your one day of summer!

TheDoctor likes this.
  3. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (4,701) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

AZBeerDude72, SABERG, dcotom and 8 others like this.
  4. MattilaRage

MattilaRage Initiate (32) Sep 2, 2018 Alberta (Canada)

that would be awesome. If you end up making it to banff please get in touch. I also work at a craft oriented liquor store with over 250 canadian craft beers in the fridge. would love to show you around our store and the local brewery for a pint or two sir.

dcotom and chrismattlin like this.
  5. MattilaRage

MattilaRage Initiate (32) Sep 2, 2018 Alberta (Canada)

Lol thanks for the invite. Im originally from southwester ontario so I get back out east once every year or two. Motreal and QC have always been on my bucket list.

6. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,154) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Of course anyone is welcome to message me if they're passing through my area but my little corner of paradise is hardly a beer mecca.

7. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (129) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Oh shit, sounds like if I make it up there I could do all my Canadian beer shopping in one stop! I love age-able beer souvenirs so I can relive the road trip memories from home. It's a long shot but if I do make it happen you will definitely hear from me!

MattilaRage likes this.
  8. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,245) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Society Trader

Met up with and swapped beers with @SRBush1974 a few years back when our kids were playing against each other in a hockey tournament in Hershey, PA.

9. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,937) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Will do - we should hit LA the first week of June...

10. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,937) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

We should be headed your way soon... I’ll keep in touch!

11. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,625) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

What part of Mississippi? I'm driving from Little Rock to New Orleans in August.

BeastOfTheNortheast likes this.
  12. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (702) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Everyone is welcome to meet up at Sante Adairius on May 30th and drink ALL the onsite bottles with me. Lets get it on!

13. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,234) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Excellent! You let me know.

DoctorZombies and GreenBayBA like this.
  14. Mrstiffington

Mrstiffington Initiate (81) Jun 8, 2018 New Jersey
    Trader

Well let’s see I met @SammyJaxxxx at Magnify once upon a time. Great guy and very generous to boot. More recently I met a bunch of BAs at Sixpoint in Brooklyn. @frozyn @dhaakon @jrnyc and others were there for a fun release. It’s great to be able to meet people from here in person.

15. ricknelson

ricknelson Devotee (425) Feb 20, 2010 Vermont

Beer shares and tastings sometime happen by pure accident. My story is a case in point (no pun intended). I was on the BA site and a Chicagoan asked me if I could send him some Heady Topper Vermont beer. I told him I was coming to Chicago in a few weeks and could bring it with me. I told him he could pick it up at my son's recording studio Q Studios near revolution Brewery. I set it up with my son. My son said he had fellow DJ's that where into craft beer; could I bring them some too. Next thing I know is I've got a suitcase packed with 45 cans of Heady Topper. Weighing just a tab under 50 pounds as checked luggage. This was the start of share/tasting with a group (of which I'm a member) known as the "Chicago Beer Snobs" now known as the "Midwest Beer Snobs" a club of 300+.[​IMG]

16. johnInLA

johnInLA Champion (834) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society

So I have a fun encounter to share.

I have been following BA since the late 90's. For many years I was a lurker. Loved the site but felt I had nothing to contribute. That changed when I met @wethorseblanket waiting for a bus to Santa Monica. We had both left the LABW kickoff at Union Station. He approached me in a friendly way, and I greeted him with my NY attitude (who the F are you),. Response:You come from the festival? That dropped my guard and we started talking, and talking, and talking, all the way back to Santa Monica.

Amongst the topics, "Are you on Beer Advocate?" Long story short, He convinced me to become an active member. Bumped into him once or twice since briefly. Since then I've met many BAs, to many to count, including Todd. Oddly enough, I've done shares with some of his old friends.

I never did have a chance to say thank you. So if you still tuning in: Thank You.

Beer it forward!

17. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Meyvn (1,479) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Trader

Just met a few guys from Brighton on Friday. They're not really regular BAs, but saw some of my recommendations for Cologne in the Germany subforum and decided to get in touch. So we just set up a meeting very short notice and even though I couldn't really stay that long it was still a fun evening with some nice beers! I even got to play a few rounds of Street Figher II Turbo at one place, which I didn't play in ages beforehand :grin:.

18. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (129) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Damn I forgot to give @Vitacca a shout out on this thread! You definitely helped me out of a few jams saving me bottles of Darkness and King Sue back when they were still hot new thangs on the block everyone was after. Also your BCBS releases are always a quiet reprieve from the usual Black Friday line standing shitshows. This guy's good, go have a beer with him BA!

19. scream

scream Meyvn (1,032) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

Met up w @GreenBayBA and @Ocalafox earlier this aft at Badger State Brewing in Green Bay. I get to see @GreenBayBA on a semi-regular basis but have only seen @Ocalafox one time previously while in Florida. He was in Madison w his charming wife to attend his sons graduation from UW Madison. Nice of you to make the trip up north here to share a few beers and war stories ! I look forward to seeing you again when in Florida next !

[​IMG]

And before I forget thanks for the Into The Dark Roast ! Tasty for sure !

20. scream

Society

And thank you as well @GreenBayBA !!

Jimmy_Kneecaps and DoctorZombies like this.
  21. riko

riko Initiate (109) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Trader

I've met a lot of people who post on BA over the years, sometimes knowing them IRL first and later finding out their BA alias, and sometimes knowing them on BA first. Pretty much all of them have been cool and fun to talk to.

Sadly, many of the people I liked best have been banned here or quit posting after friends were banned. But I still lurk and post occasionally...

sharpski and BeastOfTheNortheast like this.
  22. scream

Society

Met w @Danmullens1 again this past Thursday for a few beers and some tunes. Always a good time. His dad was w him again and he is very nice too - we also share the same birthday. Got to meet his mom this time as well. Just a very nice family !! Dan you and yours are welcome at my house any time.